wayneflorida

Sweden mulls legality of the baseball bat

Apply for licenses, take certified baseball bat carry permits, submit to background checks, have psychological screening, apply for concealed carry permits, purchase baseball bat injury insurance, register their baseball bats with local authorities, have finger prints taken, submit to legislation that would allow only a small and controlled number of baseball bats in their possession, never cross state lines with baseball bats, declare the possession of said baseball bats when confronted with law enforcement officials, never swing a baseball bat more than eleven times in succession, submit to public ridicule, scare tactics, and attempts at local legislation preventing the ownership of, practice with, and transport of said baseball bats.

This will not satisfy those that fear baseball bats.

Baseball bats kill people dammit!

:S:S:S

And:
- No straw purchases of baseball bats.
- No sales of baseball bats at baseball equipment trade shows.
- No export of baseball bats to Mexico.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Probably every state in the US has one or more laws very similar to the Swedish law. The US being a baseball culture, there are actually lots of "baseball bat possessed as a dangerous instrument" court cases all over the US, and they generally wrestle with the issues very much the same way the Swedish courts do. It's a big grey area, dependent in large part upon circumstantial context and the possessor's apparent intent. The decisions are all over the place, so much so that seemingly arbitrary outcomes are often the result.

Bottom line: even compared to the US, this story is really nothing new.

The baseball bat registry will solve all the issues. First off all you need to do is promise the lemmings your registry will only cost 2 million dollars. Once it is approved you can soak the system for as much as you can (hopefully you will able to get about 2 billion dollars of tax payers money spread out to all of your cronnie friends before the baseball bat registry comes on line). Once online governments will know where every baseball bat is and when someone wants to go play some ball, they call up their government and asked them if they are allowed to transport the baseball bat from it's safe storage location to the field of play and back to it's safe storage location between so and so hours of the day.

It is a win win for everyone involved. The baseball bat registry will ensure these bats are never used again in crime and the best thing in all of this is all of the unionized government jobs it will create (who cares where the money needed to pay for the registry comes from, all that matters is that you indoctrinate more people into believing Big Government ensures everyone will be safe). Plus if baseball bats ever need to be eliminated, the government will have their confiscation shopping list.

Yes everyone needs their own 2 billion dollar baseball bat registry (actually in the USA 2 billion will not be enough, better make that 2 trillion dollars, someone needs to get rich off of all this government spending).

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Are you a vegetarian? Or just a Leftist hypocrite? When are you going to post YouTube videos of slaughter houses from all around the world? You know the indigenous people have been hunting seal for hundreds of years now and they have relied on their hunts for food and commerce. Instead of believing all the propaganda from the people who have no doubt indoctrinated you into their Leftist dogma, you really should travel the world, visit some of these places where people hunt seal and talk these people and let them explain to you why they do what they do.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Some years ago I bought my mates Girl friend a loverly soft white baby seal cub toy for Christmas ... she loved it......

until.....

my mate opened his prezzie from me .......

..... a baseball bat
:D:D:D:D:D:D

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Are you a vegetarian?

Yes

Or just a Leftist hypocrite?

No

Whoever said something about baby seals in relation to bats (being clubbed). I posted a video. I never gave my position about it. I never said the people clubbing seals were wrong, sure the video shared a few words about it, it's not my opinion.

Apply for licenses, take certified baseball bat carry permits, submit to background checks, have psychological screening, apply for concealed carry permits, purchase baseball bat injury insurance, register their baseball bats with local authorities, have finger prints taken, submit to legislation that would allow only a small and controlled number of baseball bats in their possession, never cross state lines with baseball bats, declare the possession of said baseball bats when confronted with law enforcement officials, never swing a baseball bat more than eleven times in succession, submit to public ridicule, scare tactics, and attempts at local legislation preventing the ownership of, practice with, and transport of said baseball bats.

This will not satisfy those that fear baseball bats.

Baseball bats kill people dammit!

:S:S:S

All of those steps mean nothing when you can simply go to a Bat Show and pick up a louisville slugger without any regulation at all!

Let us not forget the South American influence . . . all of those bats being delivered there on the Wooden River!
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun