Victory for Western Values, and the Limits of Tolerance

You hate muslims and would prefer they be eradicated, and (again, oddly enough) you think they are the crazy ones. We get it.

Blues,
Dave

Why do I get the impression that if I were bashing Christians you would be cheering me on?

mh
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

Well it looks like the British PM agrees with you, at least in concept.
UK's Cameron: Europe must wake up on extremism

'We need to be a lot less tolerant towards Islamic extremists': Cameron calls for immigrants to respect British core values

State multiculturalism has failed, says David Cameron
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

Germany, too (earlier forum topic)

European countries such as England, Germany, France, and Italy all have unique cultural identities. Why MUST they be compelled to allow themselves to be subservient to noisy minorities from other cultures/countries? WHERE ARE THE LIMITS OF TOLERANCE? I remarked in this thread that in the country I'm living in (Kuwait), there is all but zero tolerance for other cultures / values, and no one had any wise-assed retort for me. Why is it one way for them and another for us? Can it be that we don't expect better of them? Isn't that bigoted / racist in itself? Are the PC Police going to send a bang-bang squad to put out my lights over this?

mh

You're *based at* Kuwait, you're not really living there.

Based on your previous posts, I'm sure you do not know anything about what's going on in Europe.

Not even about Kuwait. You are not participating in Kuwaits life. They don't let you.

My brother is working there since 15 yrs. He's just laughing about your silly posts.

:|

dudeist skydiver # 3105

You hate muslims and would prefer they be eradicated, and (again, oddly enough) you think they are the crazy ones. We get it.

Blues,
Dave

Why do I get the impression that if I were bashing Christians you would be cheering me on?

mh

It's called projection.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Well it looks like the British PM agrees with you, at least in concept.
UK's Cameron: Europe must wake up on extremism

I just don't find burkas and the call to prayer to be extreme. However, I have muslim friends that have voiced their concern about certain radical leaders within the Islamic community that have a hateful message. One woman expressed that she was just "simply sick of it," and decided to leave that particular congregation.

It is not a secret that federal authorites have a close eye on some of these institutions operating in Detroit.
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

+1 - they adapt to our culture, otherwise don't come to our country.

Damn, I better get out my moccasins and arrowheads, move into a teepee and change my name to "White Devil Sits by River."
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

You're *based at* Kuwait, you're not really living there.

Based on your previous posts, I'm sure you do not know anything about what's going on in Europe.

Not even about Kuwait. You are not participating in Kuwaits life. They don't let you.

My brother is working there since 15 yrs. He's just laughing about your silly posts.

:|

I was in the UK (London) and Germany (Munich) last August, and could easily see with my own two eyes, thank you very much.

Excuse me, but who is "they"? If your brother is familiar with Kuwait, kindly tell him that I am not *based at* anything; I live in Maboulah (recently up from Mangaf) and have been in the Gulf for 18 months. Perhaps we can meet. PM me for my Wataniya cell number.

Please do not assume that you know what I am doing here.

mh
edit to add kuwait geographical references

+1 - they adapt to our culture, otherwise don't come to our country.

Really? As Wendy said in the other thread, what exactly is "our culture" in a country as large and diverse as America? Wonder "Bread"? American "cheese"? Blech.

Seems to me, before you can define your principles, you first gotta define your definitions.

So you live in Kuwait? Have you adapted to their culture? From your posts here, I'm guessing not so much. Why do Kuwaitis living in the US have to adapt to the culture they live in, but you don't?

I was going to post a mildly generic, insulting jab about reading comprehension, but instead, I will say--

Please see earlier thread entries, then come back and repeat your question.

mh

Caught a typo

Nice non-response.

Your earlier posts complained about how intolerant of foreign cultures "they" are. Do you really not see the irony/hypocrisy in your intolerant posts about their culture?

You expect them to drop their cultural identity to fit in to America/Germany/wherever, but you refuse to drop your jinjoistic American attitude to fit in in Kuwait. How's that for reading comprehension?

- Dan G

Nice non-response.

Your earlier posts complained about how intolerant of foreign cultures "they" are. Do you really not see the irony/hypocrisy in your intolerant posts about their culture?

You expect them to drop their cultural identity to fit in to America/Germany/wherever, but you refuse to drop your jinjoistic American attitude to fit in in Kuwait. How's that for reading comprehension?

Best post I have read in SC in a very long time!
Time flies like an arrow....fruit flies like a banana

What you seem to missing is that, while Mark hasn't converted to Islam and begun thinking as Kuwaitis think, he isn't demanding they accept him building a church, spouting off that their country is the devil, or why everything they do is wrong and how they should become like him. If he did, you might see the contrasts in both recognized freedoms and judicial systems between countries. I wood also wager that he is picking up the language and customs. I'd bet they are not his, but he'll work to fi in while he's there.

Do I think folks coming to America should be allowed to bring their values and culture with them? Absolutely. But they shouldn't get pissed off (and neither should their PC cheerleaders) when folks who live here, and have their own culture, push back. Germany even more so, as they are a much older culture with and much more solid and defined identity.
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

Nice non-response.

He is just pissed that a camel did not go along with the benefits package.

>he isn't demanding they accept him building a church . . . .

Neither are they.

>spouting off that their country is the devil . . .

He does that regularly here on SC. Right on the top page of an international forum he refers to Pakistan as "Wackistan." If he is truly living in a Muslim country, he is fortunate that Muslims are more tolerant than he is.

> or why everything they do is wrong and how they should become like him.

Again, he does that regularly. He often refers to them as "ragheads" and goes on rants like these:

"As for the term "DELETE NON-PC TERM" (by which I refer to Wahabists [those fundamentalist Moslem whackos who want to shove Islam down everyone else's throats) , I MAKE NO APOLOGIES, for although "Death to America" has been heard from the Middle East for a generation, the fact is that these vermin are the enemy of mankind itself."

>Do I think folks coming to America should be allowed to bring their values and
>culture with them? Absolutely. But they shouldn't get pissed off (and neither should
>their PC cheerleaders) when folks who live here, and have their own culture, push
>back.

I agree. And that's true whether the person getting pissed off is a Muslim who wants the US to change to become more Muslim, or whether that person is a Christian who wants the US to change to be less Muslim.

Nice non-response.

No, I expect you to read the earlier posts. How's that for a non-answer?

mh

He often refers to them as "ragheads"

Haven't done that since you took me to task for it about 8 or so years ago, and you were correct to do so (and you threatened to ban me for good measure). That is an ethnic slur, and you were right to call me out on it.

However, your goal here is obviously to put me in my place, not to moderate the forum. I stand behind every remark I have ever made on this forum, though I admit that some of them aren't pretty. I make no apologies. And yes, Bill, I really do live in Kuwait. I'll be more than happy to prove it if you wish, but I get the impression that a hate campaign is now directed at me personally, and no amount of proof will alleviate the smackdown. I'm just too politically incorrect for Speaker's Corner, I guess (some people have to be right at any cost). But consider: You've never banned me for personal attacks, yet you're making one now. Nice going.

mh

Nice non-response.

He is just pissed that a camel did not go along with the benefits package.

When I was in Qatar (and I am serious about this), I was going to rent a camel to go to a beach party. When the other people showed up at Sealine with their SUVs, I'd have a camel with WA license plates on it. I thought it would be hilarious, but I couldn't get any of the animal Souk vendors in Doha to go along with it. They wanted to sell, not rent, a camel, and camels not be cheap.

Thought it was a great idea though, and it would have gotten a lot of laughs from my SA friends.

mh

>And yes, Bill, I really do live in Kuwait. I'll be more than happy to prove it if you wish . . .

No need; I have no reason to doubt that you are indeed there.

>I'm just too politically incorrect for Speaker's Corner . . .

No, if anything, you're going with the flow, and attacking the despised minority of the week. You're parroting the approved anti-Muslim rhetoric that the right has provided you, and that a great many people here on DZ.com echo. You're in good company.

>You've never banned me for personal attacks, yet you're making one now. Nice going.

You consider reprising old posts as "personal attacks?" If you honestly claim that you "make no apologies" then have the courage to stand behind what you said.