Belgian_Draft

A future Darwin Award candidate

Where did I infer the TSA owned the aircraft??

mea culpa... been a long day. you did not. I misread.

The airlines have an agreement with the airports, of which the vast majority are government owned. Part of that agreement is to abide by security measures put in place by the government.

no shit. thus the speedbump in the agreement we have with the airlines (they have an agreement with the airport who has an agreement with the TSA).

don't be so fucking nitpicky.
--
Rob

But you already know of that possibility before entering the security area.
Don't want the risk of a frisk? Take advantage of one of the many other options available in this great country. :)

I get that. (as you might have inferred from my earlier post had you employed two or three of your braincells)

But I still think it's a little hinky.

"I choose not to fly today and not to go through your security measures" "Nope, you crossed that imaginary line, you are not allowed to leave without possible civil penalties."

Especially considering our agreement is with the airline, not the TSA.
--
Rob

Uh, Dude....big difference in what they protested.
Ghandi protested the violation of basic human rights. His situation was forced upon him.
The kid protested a situation that he had voluntarily placed himself into knowing full well what that situation would be.

In other words, Ghandi's hand was forced into the fire. The kid eagerly placed his own hand in the fire.

So the TSA isn't treading on peoples rights?

I got news for you. Sometimes my job requires me to be 3,000 miles away and back again by the following week. Driving, even though right now I would be willing to do it, is not always an option.

No, they aren't. As you stated, you can drive. You can choose not to go through the scanner or be frisked. It is not the problem nor the fault of TSA or the airlines that you schedule your meetings so as to need to fly.
Like I said, it is a contract bewteen two private parties. The airlines would be perfectly within their rights to require all passengers to wear pink overalls and little blue booties in order to get aboard their aircraft, the same as some restaurants require collared shirt, a tie, and a jacket for their male customers. Of course, they would not survive very long but that is beside the point.

So much lack of clue.

For starters, as said, you have no idea what the Darwin Awards are about. And if you want to argue this act of civil disobedience suggests he'll kill himself later, you'd be casting the same claim about millions of hippies in the 60s, and at least tens (hundreds?) of thousands of war protesters this past decade. In the realm of the more ridiculous, we have a person here in SC who was threatened with arrest should his belly be visible when he removed clothing per TSA request.

Driving isn't a right either, so your suggested alternative isn't really present. Neither is chartering a plane, since nothing prevents the rules from being changed to cover them (as well as skydiving ops).

You waffle on the argument that this is a contract between private parties, thus obviating all rights. Later you say it involves government funded airports, thus we're subject to government procedure. The Feds, otoh, do have to respect the Constitution.

But ignoring all that ignorance, let's get to the heart of the matter. In terms of our safety in travel, it really doesn't matter how many times they stroke my shaft when it's been established that they're allowing 80% of firearms to go through screen without detection. Some airports scored a perfect 100% failure rate on these tests. I knew there was a certain failure rate, as we occasionally hear from stupid gun owners to admit to forgetting their had their CCW weapon and still made it on the plane (obviously, countless more don't mention this when it happens) It's obvious that if someone wants to attack the airplanes again, all they need to do is send 5 guys into airports with guns and they should be able to get 4 more planes.

Cheapness of the flight is an irrelevant detail. Before 2001, I flew to LA for $39 as well. Stop pretending these scanners are anything about security - we already know they're unlikely to have detected the underwear bomber even if they were used correctly,

>I don't think people feel it's an entitlement to have air travel their way.

Cool, does that mean will hear less complaining from here on out?

>I think people just have an expectation that given the importance
>of air travel . . .

. . . that they are entitled to X Y and Z at a reasonable price.

Nope, sorry, they're not. They're entitled to what they can pay for. Want to avoid all the security theater? Get your own plane. They're fast, convenient and low hassle; you can drive to the airport, be on the plane 5 minutes later and be in the air in 10.

Want to fly to Vegas for $49? Then you're going to be treated like cattle. Is it worth it? Your decision.

Ok - so bottom line it is pretty obvious that both of you would like it better if any one that doesn't take your stance, not have the option or right to protest.

Wow.

But it does make sense, Protest all you want for what YOU want to be allowed, but Hey - Don't let anyone else have a protest. At least we know where you stand now.

[url http://www.examiner.com/fashion-trends-in-san-francisco/video-woman-strips-at-seattle-airport-to-protest-against-tsa-pat-downsOh and BTW is this a Darwin Candidate as well?[/url]
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Hey genius....I said FUTURE candidate, ok? Can you figure that out or do we have to bring in your 1st grade teacher? I know what the Darwin Awards are ut it is obvious you haven't a clue as to what the meaning of the word "future" is.
As to the rest of your reply....Really?? You are going to base an argument based on a whole set of what-if situations?
Ladies and gentlemen, we have another future candidate!:D

HAMMER:
Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a
kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the
object we are trying to hit.

>I don't think people feel it's an entitlement to have air travel their way.

Cool, does that mean will hear less complaining from here on out?

>I think people just have an expectation that given the importance
>of air travel . . .

. . . that they are entitled to X Y and Z at a reasonable price.

Nope, sorry, they're not. They're entitled to what they can pay for. Want to avoid all the security theater? Get your own plane. They're fast, convenient and low hassle; you can drive to the airport, be on the plane 5 minutes later and be in the air in 10.

Want to fly to Vegas for $49? Then you're going to be treated like cattle. Is it worth it? Your decision.

Ok - so bottom line it is pretty obvious that both of you would like it better if any one that doesn't take your stance, not have the option or right to protest.

Wow.

But it does make sense, Protest all you want for what YOU want to be allowed, but Hey - Don't let anyone else have a protest. At least we know where you stand now.

[url http://www.examiner.com/fashion-trends-in-san-francisco/video-woman-strips-at-seattle-airport-to-protest-against-tsa-pat-downsOh and BTW is this a Darwin Candidate as well?[/url]

I'm all for an intelligent protest but this guy hasn't a clue as to what he is protesting. He thinks his 4th amm. rights are being violated!

Was she claiming her rights were being violated? If yes, then yes. If not, then no.
HAMMER:
Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a
kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the
object we are trying to hit.

Protest all you want for what YOU want to be allowed...

Can I protest to have the right to have my junk fondled before every flight? That would be nice.

For $49 I can get a flight and a hand job at departure and for a small nominal charge I can get a blow job on arrival at the hotel.
What a country!
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Hey genius....I said FUTURE candidate, ok? Can you figure that out or do we have to bring in your 1st grade teacher? I know what the Darwin Awards are ut it is obvious you haven't a clue as to what the meaning of the word "future" is.
As to the rest of your reply....Really?? You are going to base an argument based on a whole set of what-if situations?
Ladies and gentlemen, we have another future candidate!:D

And that, everyone, was the sound of a 777 flying 10 feet over his head.

Man strips at Va. airport checkpoint in protest
Police say a man stripped to his underwear at a Virginia airport checkpoint in a protest against security procedures.

www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40861300/ns/travel-news/from/toolbar

When will these idiots understand they don't have to deal with security? All they have to do is take an alternative form of transportation. Flying in a commercial passenger aircraft is not a right, it is a contract between two private parties in which each agrees to abide by certain requirements, among those is passing through whatever security the airport and government feels is needed.
This moron knew when he bought his ticket that he would be required to pass security. It's not like it has been kept a secret. :S

So in your mind - Ghandi is a Darwin Award candidate too -

After all he fasted knowing it was really bad for him.:S

Interesting analogy
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Honestly, I don't really see anything wrong with what he did.

The purpose of TSA is to make sure nothing bad gets on an airplane (while their effectiveness is debatable, this is what they're supposed to be doing).

A guy standing there in his underwear (presuming tighty whities) is covered enough for modesty, but demonstrating pretty clearly that he's not hiding anything that couldn't be found without a cavity search, and even TSA hasn't implemented this.

The story doesn't indicate he did anything except write something on his chest and make TSA's job easier. What he had written wasn't offensive according to the article, it was part of our Constitution.

So, he made it so TSA could do a visual inspection and see he had nothing dangerous, so they didn't have to put him through a body scanner and take a naked photo of him or paw at him. I don't see why this is an issue.

There are no "draconian" procedures...lol. It's not like they stick a probe up your dick! They put their hands on you. Come on, folks!

If you think you need air travel "your way," then you're feeling entitled to something that is not a right. If you want to fly, then cope! Or don't take the airlines.

linz

Said liek a person that isready to giev up everything, If Uncle Sam says it is for his own good!
Airlines are private businesses, Sam stepped in, forcing them to implement these procedures, (for our own good)

Flying is NOT a choice for many in todays world, only a fool would think it is, It is part of many businesses!

You keep on giving up your rights, withotu even so much as a peacful portest, and we will soon be calling you Camrade! (which I believe you an the Op are already prepared to go by!)

I may just make my next flight in a speedo...LOL

Flying is a choice. It's possible to get a job that doesn't require it. No, it's not always "that easy." But neither are many other things that people say should be easy.

Searches suck. I try to scout out and make sure I get into the metal-detector line if there's a difference. I have a nice undershirt with metallic printing on it.

I've thought of getting a bra with metallic targets printed right over the nipples :P

But just as my employer has a right to drug-screen me (and I have a right not to work for them), the government has a right to screen me.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

>Damn, Am I the only person that remembers Americans used to have
>the "Right" to unempeded)sp?) travel inside our borders?

You might indeed be. Airport passenger screening started in 1958. My parents hadn't even met yet.

There is lies the thing people need to wake up to.."Started" , it "started, with simply walking by a gaurd, then went to showing your ticket, then to exraying (skiping many steps here) carry on, then to Metal detectors with shoes off, now pat downs and naked screeners....How fucking long wiill we agree to keep being puppets?

Myself, I think it is time to draw the line...the next step will be like a prison search!

"Excuse me sir, you have been selected for the"Bend Over " line, step this way, remove your clothes ,and touch your toes, we hate this as much as you do ,it will only hurt for a second, but the government says it makes us all safer!"

They still do. Just not on public airlines.

They have to pay money to travel as well. That impedes some people.

What would your ideal be? No screenings for anyone? No screenings for blonds, people over 75, really hot babes (oh wait -- the public strip search option for them might be entertaining).

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

What would your ideal be? No screenings for anyone? No screenings for blonds, people over 75, really hot babes (oh wait -- the public strip search option for them might be entertaining).

Wendy P.

Back to where we were, xray carry on, walk threw detectors! Due to my "affliation" , I have been on the flagged list for many years, pulled aside for a metal detector wound search, doesn;t bother me at all, (silly as shit, I am only friends with a few members, not one of them)...

Back to where we were was also intrusive as compared with what went before that. I can remember back when you could bring a jacknife on board. I can remember before metal detectors and baggage X-ray.

You're just used to something -- that doesn't make it any more or any less right than something else.

Wendy P.

Back to where we were was also intrusive as compared with what went before that. I can remember back when you could bring a jacknife on board. I can remember before metal detectors and baggage X-ray.

You're just used to something -- that doesn't make it any more or any less right than something else.

Wendy P.

NO, I am not "used" to soemthing, you asked me "where would I draw the line" ...I answered,. I didn;t say I agreed with that line, but THAT is where I think it should have stopped!

Fix existing problems before giving the undertrained TSA folks even more to do. If you're missing 80% of guns in an xray scan, that's an obvious starting point. They should be doing no more than 20%. Hell, rather then spend billions on millimeter scanners, spend on technology that will spot those guns for the staff.

Wendy P.

Why do we not take a look at how intrusive is the security at El Al? They have one individual with a three-digit IQ making the call in place of a platoon of TSA cretins.

The key is not to ratchet up the stupidity level in response to issues that confuse those making the decisions. Al Qaeda may be assholes, but they are not retards. TSA are assholes AND they are retards. TSA gives the mentally retarded a bad name.