turtlespeed

So, if we are all God's children . . .

If God sacrificed his only son, why is he still around?

My understanding of the word sacrifice means that what ever is sacrificed is gone forever.

Sounds a bit fishy.

Sacrifices come in many shapes and sizes. The sacrifice Christ made was to neutralize the consequences of sin and remove the barrier between us and God. Availing us to the personal relationship God created us for.

>>Sacrifices come in many shapes and sizes. The sacrifice Christ made was to neutralize the consequences of sin and remove the barrier between us and God. Availing us to the personal relationship God created us for.
but you've only indicated what the intention of the alleged sacrifice was, not what the actual sacrifice was.

If Jebus was in fact god, than what would the big deal be for him to experience death as a human? If anything, he would return to his pimped out crib in heaven, no? Doesn't sound like much of a sacrifice to me.[:/]

. . . and he sent his ONLY son to earth . . .

does he know there are other men here?

???

Let me try again -

If God sent down his ONLY son -
And we are all Goids children -

That MUST mean that we, on Earth and throughout the universe, are all girls.:)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Sorta forgetting about that whole 'begotten' thing in that theory, aren't you?

I dunno - how can a child be begotten if there was no sex -

Naturally is in the definition . . right?

begotten - (of offspring) generated by procreation; "naturally begotten child"
biological - of parents and children; related by blood; "biological child"

We were made in his image, right?

we are all Gods children, right?

Soooo - Logically, you have to extrapolate that:
1) Mary wasn't a virgin . . . God had to have sex with her, since he was begotten . . .
OR
2) We are actually all girls because Jahova was his only son.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

but you've only indicated what the intention of the alleged sacrifice was, not what the actual sacrifice was.

If Jebus was in fact god, than what would the big deal be for him to experience death as a human? If anything, he would return to his pimped out crib in heaven, no? Doesn't sound like much of a sacrifice to me.[:/]

The sacrifice of Jesus, as I understand it, was metaphysical/spiritual. His work of neutralizing the sins of the world was completed prior to His physical death on the cross. He said "it is finished" prior to physically dieing. Physical death for Him was the same as for us. When a person exhausts their opportunities or completes their purpose, they die. Everyone alive still has a purpose and something to offer.:)

Yep, close to 2000 years and going strong!

And how long has man been here? not to mention other life?

Last guess, first life 3.5 billion years on this planet. Homospaien spaien 200,000 years. New Covenant between God and man , a little shy of 2000 years.

Yep, close to 2000 years and going strong!

And how long has man been here? not to mention other life?

Last guess, first life 3.5 billion years on this planet. Homospaien spaien 200,000 years. New Covenant between God and man , a little shy of 2000 years.

So, there seems to be a flaw in faith based human history!;)

The sacrifice of Jesus, as I understand it, was metaphysical/spiritual.

So what was it?

His work of neutralizing the sins of the world was completed prior to His physical death on the cross.

How?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

His work of neutralizing the sins of the world was completed prior to His physical death on the cross.

How?

Good question, I can't give you a quantum physical description. It requires faith to bridge the gap of understanding as stated previously. Once we accept the work of Christ through faith, we enter in to God's Kingdom and have access to all of the spiritual riches it contains.

The sacrifice of Jesus, as I understand it, was metaphysical/spiritual.

So what was it?

How?

By whipping, beating, throwing rocks at him, then nailing him to a cross to die a slow painful death, proved man was pure of sin...Geeezzzz, it is right there in front of you, Plain as day! [/sarcasim]

How?

Good question, I can't give you a quantum physical description. It requires faith to bridge the gap of understanding as stated previously. Once we accept the work of Christ through faith, we enter in to God's Kingdom and have access to all of the spiritual riches it contains.

Boy, you sure swallowed that bill of goods - hook line and sinker.

It just reaffirms the principle that there is a sucker born again every minute.

How?

Good question, I can't give you a quantum physical description.

I wasn't aware it was a quantum physics question.

It requires faith to bridge the gap of understanding as stated previously. Once we accept the work of Christ through faith, we enter in to God's Kingdom and have access to all of the spiritual riches it contains.

That's nice. Can't see as how it's got bugger all to do with the question, mind.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

>Once we accept the work of Christ through faith, we enter in to God's
>Kingdom and have access to all of the spiritual riches it contains.

Well, right. But once you blindly accept the work of ANY religious leader, you can enter into the Kingdom of Martyrdom through Violent Explosion, or the Kingdom of Profits through Sale of the Holiest of Relics, or the Kingdom founded by Killing the Evilest of Heretics. That's the problem. Once you blindly accept anything, there is no level of evil that cannot be justified via that level of devotion.