ridestrong

Obama applauds Eagles for giving Vick second chance

"Obama applauds Eagles for giving Vick second chance

Though the Eagles didn’t have a chance to make news on the field tonight, they made some more news off the field.

Peter King of NBC reported during Football Night in America that President Barack Obama recently called Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie to congratulate the team for giving quarterback Mike Vick a second chance.

President Obama explained that a level playing field rarely exists for prisoners who have completed their sentences. Vick’s success gives all of them hope.

In our view, Obama’s gesture also provides Vick with the kind of positive reinforcement that will help keep him out of any trouble during the 2011 offseason, once he is left to his own devices."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/12/26/obama-applauds-eagles-for-giving-vick-second-chance/

---

Why he decided he needed to comment on this is beyond me... seems like another one he should have just kept to himself.
*I am not afraid of dying... I am afraid of missing life.*
----Disclaimer: I don't know shit about skydiving.----

You know this is fucking retarded. And I'm not referring to Micheal Vick either. I think he did his time and has paid for what he did wrong. What about Myron Rolle who became a Rhodes Scholar before he came into the NFL? No mention to black foks that have exceeded in a virtually all white environment and acheived what few asian people could do much less anyone else. Why not give praise to him as well? Look it now seems that people like Quannel X and others only come to the aid of people who have done wrong and been locked up. That sets a precident for failure preceeded to acheivement. And I am extremely impressed with Micheal Vick and his performance on the football field. I personally HATE the Philidelphia Eagles because most of their fans are sad vindictive and just plain mean. I hope Micheal Vick does well...WHY? Well I love my dogs, but I think he's done his time and he deserves to have something good because? He's earned it...not because he was in jail and now he's not. BECAUSE HE STUDIES THE GAME...HE WATCHES TAPE, HE KNOWS HIS PROGRESSIONS AND BECAUSE HE IS TRULY A MUCH BETTER QB than he ever was at Atlanta...thats why he's due. Not because he did something horrible and is now making up for it. MYRON ROLLE ...thats who should be commended. Because he did it THE RIGHT WAY!!

"Obama applauds Eagles for giving Vick second chance

Though the Eagles didn’t have a chance to make news on the field tonight, they made some more news off the field.

Peter King of NBC reported during Football Night in America that President Barack Obama recently called Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie to congratulate the team for giving quarterback Mike Vick a second chance.

President Obama explained that a level playing field rarely exists for prisoners who have completed their sentences. Vick’s success gives all of them hope.

In our view, Obama’s gesture also provides Vick with the kind of positive reinforcement that will help keep him out of any trouble during the 2011 offseason, once he is left to his own devices."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/12/26/obama-applauds-eagles-for-giving-vick-second-chance/

---

Why he decided he needed to comment on this is beyond me... seems like another one he should have just kept to himself.

Another indication that Obamanos is a jackwagon. What business is it of the POTUS? Is he going to follow this up by appearing on The View, yet again? The last time I checked. His (Really, it belongs to everyone who actually fought the civil rights struggles in this country) failed presidency had far more pressing concerns @hand. Can he possibly cheapen the office any more than he already has (rhetorical question...)? Is this his cowardly way of admitting that he can't do anything useful?

You know this is fucking retarded. And I'm not referring to Micheal Vick either. I think he did his time and has paid for what he did wrong. What about Myron Rolle who became a Rhodes Scholar before he came into the NFL? No mention to black foks that have exceeded in a virtually all white environment and acheived what few asian people could do much less anyone else. Why not give praise to him as well? Look it now seems that people like Quannel X and others only come to the aid of people who have done wrong and been locked up. That sets a precident for failure preceeded to acheivement. And I am extremely impressed with Micheal Vick and his performance on the football field. I personally HATE the Philidelphia Eagles because most of their fans are sad vindictive and just plain mean. I hope Micheal Vick does well...WHY? Well I love my dogs, but I think he's done his time and he deserves to have something good because? He's earned it...not because he was in jail and now he's not. BECAUSE HE STUDIES THE GAME...HE WATCHES TAPE, HE KNOWS HIS PROGRESSIONS AND BECAUSE HE IS TRULY A MUCH BETTER QB than he ever was at Atlanta...thats why he's due. Not because he did something horrible and is now making up for it. MYRON ROLLE ...thats who should be commended. Because he did it THE RIGHT WAY!!

Wow, when did you have time to get to know most Eagles fans?

Well, I'm an Eagles fan and what he says is pretty much true. A lot of us are assholes. After all this is the city that booed Santa Claus (to be truthful, it was because Santa Claus was drunk, though).
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"

http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy&hl=en&q=%22president+bush%22+congratulates+football&aq=f&aqi=&aql=f&oq=&gs_rfai=&pbx=1&fp=83f87efc6f926f13

http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy&hl=en&q=%22president+bush%22+congratulates+baseball&aq=f&aqi=&aql=f&oq=&gs_rfai=&pbx=1&fp=83f87efc6f926f13

Bush calls, congratulates Texas coach Brown - College Football - ESPN

Defense.gov News Article: President [Bush] Congratulates Navy Football ...

PRESIDENT BUSH CONGRATULATES SLY CROOM, SOUTHEASTERN FOOTBALL ...

President [Bush] Congratulates Navy Football Players

President [Bush] Greets National Champion LSU Football Team

President Bush Congratulates the Phillies

President Bush Congratulates NFL Super Bowl Champion Indianapolis ...

Bush: Wait for the facts on Bonds
Aug 9, 2007 ... President Bush congratulates Barry Bonds yesterday by phone. ... "In terms of how baseball reacts, it really depends on what the facts are, ...

ETA: I was wondering how many posts it would take for a racial swipe.
Two.

What business is it of the POTUS? .... Can he possibly cheapen the office any more than he already has (rhetorical question...)? Is this his cowardly way of admitting that he can't do anything useful?

You really are quite young, aren't you?
Every president does this. See my post above.

Well, I'm an Eagles fan and what he says is pretty much true. A lot of us are assholes. After all this is the city that booed Santa Claus (to be truthful, it was because Santa Claus was drunk, though).

Hey, I’m an asshole and it has nothing to do with being an Eagles fan. A lot of us being assholes doesn’t make “most” Eagles fans. I just found it odd to dislike a team because of the fans. I have a feeling there is more to the story. A personal encounter with some Eagles fans maybe?

What business is it of the POTUS? .... Can he possibly cheapen the office any more than he already has (rhetorical question...)? Is this his cowardly way of admitting that he can't do anything useful?

Most of the examples on your list are congratulations due to winning seasons, aren't they? That said, the last one about Bonds seems roughly equivalent to the Vicks situation.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy&hl=en&q=%22president+bush%22+congratulates+football&aq=f&aqi=&aql=f&oq=&gs_rfai=&pbx=1&fp=83f87efc6f926f13

http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy&hl=en&q=%22president+bush%22+congratulates+baseball&aq=f&aqi=&aql=f&oq=&gs_rfai=&pbx=1&fp=83f87efc6f926f13

Bush calls, congratulates Texas coach Brown - College Football - ESPN

Defense.gov News Article: President [Bush] Congratulates Navy Football ...

PRESIDENT BUSH CONGRATULATES SLY CROOM, SOUTHEASTERN FOOTBALL ...

President [Bush] Congratulates Navy Football Players

President [Bush] Greets National Champion LSU Football Team

President Bush Congratulates the Phillies

President Bush Congratulates NFL Super Bowl Champion Indianapolis ...

Bush: Wait for the facts on Bonds
Aug 9, 2007 ... President Bush congratulates Barry Bonds yesterday by phone. ... "In terms of how baseball reacts, it really depends on what the facts are, ...

ETA: I was wondering how many posts it would take for a racial swipe.
Two.

Bush was congratlating an Ex Con...:S spin harder, that one failed!

Those were all examples of congratulating championships teams. Vick and the Eagles are still vying for the #2 NFC seed with Chicago, would be seeded 3-5th overall in the playoffs.

A lot of people will never forgive him for his crimes, and see the quick return to the top as evidence that the punishment was not much of a deterrent. I suppose its safe to say Obama wouldn't have thanked the Eagle ownership if Vick was a convicted rapist, rather than a dog killer.

No doubt, as a player, he's come on like gangbusters as the season progressed and if they can avoid a frozen day at Chicago, should be very dangerous next month.

Yea, me too. And I'd rather be an asshole fan of a city that hosts teams who consistently make it to play offs and championships, then be a 'nicer' fan from some other city who doesn't even know what play offs even means. :):P
Apologies for the spelling (and grammar).... I got a B.S, not a B.A. :)

Yea, me too. And I'd rather be an asshole fan of a city that hosts teams who consistently make it to play offs and championships, then be a 'nicer' fan from some other city who doesn't even know what play offs even means. :):P

Wouldn't you rather be a nice fan of a team that consistently makes it to the play-offs. :D

and maybe...., just maybe....., some day they will actually win a Superbowl.. :P
*I am not afraid of dying... I am afraid of missing life.*
----Disclaimer: I don't know shit about skydiving.----

Bush was congratlating an Ex Con...Crazy spin harder, that one failed!

Sorry, dude, but your posting reputation precedes you, and is entirely your own creation. So now you're just insulting our intelligence.

tad personal there I'd say....Mods must have the night off!

Hey, I’m an asshole and it has nothing to do with being an Eagles fan. A lot of us being assholes doesn’t make “most” Eagles fans. I just found it odd to dislike a team because of the fans. I have a feeling there is more to the story. A personal encounter with some Eagles fans maybe?

----------------------------------------------------------

Lets go back to the 90's. How about when the cowboys went to the Vet and Michael Irvin was up ended and landed on his head and was almost paralyzed. What the the suck ass Philly fans do? They cheered like it was a philly touchdown. What a pathetic fan base you have. Come to ANY other town and you will see fans cheering opposing team members when the GET BACK UP and are carted off...not because they almost get paralyzed.

Wouldn't you rather be a nice fan of a team that consistently makes it to the play-offs. :D

and maybe...., just maybe....., some day they will actually win a Superbowl.. :P

Yes I would...... That's why I do the Blue!

Go Horse! (Colts) B|
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com

Lets go back to the 90's. How about when the cowboys went to the Vet and Michael Irvin was up ended and landed on his head and was almost paralyzed. What the the suck ass Philly fans do? They cheered like it was a philly touchdown. What a pathetic fan base you have. Come to ANY other town and you will see fans cheering opposing team members when the GET BACK UP and are carted off...not because they almost get paralyzed.

As an Eagles fan I am too close to be objective but I’ll try.
I have seen Philadelphia fans do exactly what you describe other cities doing. Waiting anxiously when an apposing player doesn’t get up and then giving an ovation when they do stand or are carried off the field.

A few years ago I got the chance to go to a Dolphins / Eagles Monday night game at Joe Robbie Stadium (or whatever it is called this week). We got in to town a few days before and I wouldn’t wear anything around town to identify myself as an Eagles fan. Some other Eagles fans were out of line and I didn’t want people like you, unable to recognize that not all Eagles fans behave that way, to lump me in with them.

I guess it is kind of like family. No one can pick on my brother but me. When I see you say “most of their fans” it pisses me off and makes me want to defend the ones (the majority) who aren’t like that.

As far as Michael Irvin's career-ending injury at the Vet, looking at it with 20/20 hindsight, sure the reaction was wrong but it wasn’t from “most” fans and it was done not knowing the seriousness of the injury.

Done rambling.

They all do that for convicted fellons?
Fellons that commited feats of immorality likened to murder?

Which ones did that on your list above?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I can see that you are a young man, son.
Growing up in South Jersey during the Rizzo years, the Eagles and the Phillies consitently stank!!!
But we were there supporting them anyway!
It doesn't matter to true fan(atic)s whether their team wins or loses. The fun is in the spirit of community with your neighbors.
We all lost or won together.

Either way we still had the best pretzels,cheese steaks,and Italian sausage sandwiches in the world!!

Also , one heavenly bright spot in our sports teams at that time was "the Broad Street Bullies".
The Flyers of that era personified the typical man in the street of that region. Tough, smart,scrappers,who knew how to survive and win. Underdog champions like the charachter ,Rocky Balboa.

Blue Skies,
DJ

As an Eagles fan I am too close to be objective but I’ll try.
I have seen Philadelphia fans do exactly what you describe other cities doing. Waiting anxiously when an apposing player doesn’t get up and then giving an ovation when they do stand or are carried off the field.

A few years ago I got the chance to go to a Dolphins / Eagles Monday night game at Joe Robbie Stadium (or whatever it is called this week). We got in to town a few days before and I wouldn’t wear anything around town to identify myself as an Eagles fan. Some other Eagles fans were out of line and I didn’t want people like you, unable to recognize that not all Eagles fans behave that way, to lump me in with them.

I guess it is kind of like family. No one can pick on my brother but me. When I see you say “most of their fans” it pisses me off and makes me want to defend the ones (the majority) who aren’t like that.

As far as Michael Irvin's career-ending injury at the Vet, looking at it with 20/20 hindsight, sure the reaction was wrong but it wasn’t from “most” fans and it was done not knowing the seriousness of the injury.

Done rambling.

Yeah you know what...you're right. I'm sure there are a fair share of eagles fans that arent assholes. It was unfair of me to lump all of them together. But as long as you know of the bad rap that Eagles fans...and particuarly philly fans in general get a rep then you can see where I was coming from. I apologize and truthfully I would much rather see the eagles in the NFC championship game than to hear the words I hate to hear over and over again...(because if I hear WHO DAT! a few hundred more times I'm going to pull what little hair I have right out my head. Please Please PUNISH the AINTS for ruining my baby bucs chances of making the playoffs this year.

I don't care what what Obama did. I do applaud Vick's second chance. Everyone deserves at least one or more.

That is a pretty broad brush you paint with. "Everyone" is a very large demographic.
I don't think Vick should have been given such a light sentence.
I know that less "important" people have been given much stronger ones.
He murdered or had conspiracy to murder his and other dogs.
He should be banned from the NFL.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Yes "Everyone" is a rather broad brush. As with any general statement there are understandably exceptions. Manson and Ridgeway come to mind, but while I respect you opinion and will defend your right to have it, Vick falls into my second chance club. As to the light sentence, that is above my pay grade.
POPS #10623; SOS #1672