rushmc

111 Get Obamacare Waivers

>In fact, no FARs are waived for any demos at all

Squirm squirm squirm!

FARs are waived for some demos. (And for some aircraft stunts, and for some aircraft maintenance, and for dozens of other reasons.) The waivers are done according to the waiver structure in place, so they are legal.

Just like these waivers, eh?

Sure, I see it.

You are proposing that when one DZ gets a waiver for a Demo - three neighbor DZOs have to jack up normal jump prices on the regular jumpers to pay for the demo jumps and the gas and hours on the first airplane.

sounds fair - that would be similar - I see it now

and - get this - the FAA would get to pick and choose which DZs are subsidized by jump rates of other DZs just based on who they like better

I've been educated - thanks for the great analogy. I love dem 'fairness' - it's a lot like rep "trickle down" only even more arbitrary

for the children

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

>The "waiver" portion of that form per the FAA is only for aircraft operations.

Agreed. It effectively allows you to "break the rules" for the purposes of that demo jump. As one example, a recent demo we did required a formation helicopter flight. Ordinarily, the FAR's require any pilot to announce "jumpers away" -

"The pilot in command of an aircraft used for any parachute operation in or into controlled airspace must, during each flight . . .Advise air traffic control when the last parachutist or object leaves the aircraft."

The waiver stated that one pilot (the lead pilot) would communicate with ATC, and thus relieved the trail pilots from that requirement.

Hence the term "waiver."

>In fact, no FARs are waived for any demos at all

Squirm squirm squirm!

FARs are waived for some demos.

Which still has nothing to do with the HC waivers-how far afield are you willing to squirm before you just admit that you don't have a point?
You are only as strong as the prey you devour

Again, that was for the aircraft, not for the jumpers.
A demo jump does NOT require a waiver.
Nor will the FAA issue one as there is nothing to waive.

Starting to seem eerily familiar to the wording of ALL government processes. I've had a few of those lately that simply left me floored. I can't wait for more government.
It's just SOOOO damn efficient!
[:/]>:(:S

So we've got some fairly large corporations who have found a way to opt out of Obamacare. Seems like this should make the entire program null and void.

It'll be interesting to see how this plays out.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

Mine is going up the same amount, with less coverage, more out of pocket, and tighter restrictions on how I can use my flex dollars.
Can someone remind me again how this plan is good???
>:(

In case you have not been noticing over the last 10 years.. they have ALL been going up. They are doing it because THEY CAN.

Without a viable public option it will only get worse. People will see that at some point when they go to use their medical benefits and they find out just what those REALLLLY are. The hospitals may provide the service.. but good luck on your insurance company paying for it.

If its a big bill and you can find a lawyer that will take the case... cool

BUT if its just going to cost you more in legal fees to try to get the insurance company to actually pay.. well cut your losses and just pay for it yourself.

Bull shit
Without removing the state mandates, doing tort reform and open up states boarders to encourage competition the price will going up. Gov caused this

And now it is going up faster because of more govenment control
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

So we've got some fairly large corporations who have found a way to opt out of Obamacare. Seems like this should make the entire program null and void.

It'll be interesting to see how this plays out.

they don't "opt out" - that's easy, apparently, it's much like an FAA waiver.

what they really do is push their cost off onto everyone else that didn't get a waiver - that's not simply 'opting out', it's just not paying for it

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

>Again, that was for the aircraft, not for the jumpers.

Agreed. Most of the FAA regulation involves the aircraft used in skydiving rather than the jumpers themselves.

>A demo jump does NOT require a waiver.

Since skydiving requires aircraft - sometimes they do.

It is two separate forms if the aircraft needs a waiver.
That is a dual purpose form, auths for jumpers, waivers for aircraft. You do not nor can you submit one form for both purposes.

I'm pretty close to 100% sure that you know all this.

But when viewed in that perspective, I can see your example. The obamacare waivers are indeed authorizations to break the rules - "waivers".
:P

>The obamacare waivers are indeed authorizations to break the
>rules - "waivers".

Agreed. If those reasons are good ones (i.e. they result in meeting the intent of the law while saving money/time/effort) then good for them. If not - if they are political 'favors' that do not meet the requirements of OCIIO 2010-1A - then that's a problem.

>The obamacare waivers are indeed authorizations to break the
>rules - "waivers".

Agreed. If those reasons are good ones (i.e. they result in meeting the intent of the law while saving money/time/effort) then good for them. If not - if they are political 'favors' that do not meet the requirements of OCIIO 2010-1A - then that's a problem.

Of course they are political favors. Mostly to Obama himself !
He has an election in two years and millions losing health care coverage makes for damaging political adds

Damn all those Obama haters
Abraham Lincoln

>then all who apply should get it

All who apply and meet the requirements for the waiver should get it, yes. If not, then you'd have a good case for political favoritism.

The process itself is politcal favoritism. As I stated. Million loosing HC makes for bad political adds.
Abraham Lincoln

The only difference between the reforms that were put in place and the GOP is basically that whole religious mandate of no abortions...:S:S:S

If the GOP wanted to do squat about this issue.. they had all the control of all 3 branches for 6 years. Notice all the progress made on it.SQUAT

Face it.. the people paying them to look the other way for all that time.. prospered and raised prices over and over even while your Do nothing rubber stamp warmongers were blowing the budget all to hell on war and nothing for the American People.

Mine is going up the same amount, with less coverage, more out of pocket, and tighter restrictions on how I can use my flex dollars.
Can someone remind me again how this plan is good???
>:(

DON'T ARGUE!
You Must Comply!
Resistance is Futile!

Don't you understand that you have to increase your costs so that those that won't do for themselves won't have to?

You must decrease your coverage, and your kids coverage so that other people can increase theirs.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Just like these waivers, eh?

Sure -

tell the FAA that you won't offer fuel to your plane anymore unless you recieve this waiver and see how that works for ya.:|

Edit - Actually Maintenance is a better analogy.

Tell the FAA that you won't be doing ANY mantainence on your aircraft unless you are given a waiver.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun