Mike420

California's Proposition 19. Legal Weed!! What's everyone think?

>People that regularly use alcohol and other drugs cost society on many
>levels, therefore endangering our financial well being. That's just one
>example.

That's true, depending on how you measure 'cost.' If it's loss of productivity, loss of employment, police involvement etc then there's a strong correlation between alcohol (over)use and that sort of cost. Of course, lack of education incurs those sorts of costs as well, but it wouldn't quite be accurate to say that lack of schooling endangers third parties.

>Alcohol and other drugs contribute greatly to physical and sexual assaults.

If you changed that to "the use of alcohol greatly increases your chances of being involved in a physical or sexual assault" then I'd agree.

I think it goes both ways. Use of alcohol increases the chances that a person is in a situation where they can be assaulted. It also is a contributing factor for the perpetrator of such violence.

How many frat boy date rapes have been fueled by alcohol? My completely uneducated guess, is quite a few.

Drugs and alcohol are horrible imo. The solution to the problems that are created by them is, however, NOT prohibition. I think that has been proven without a doubt.

Thank you for wanting to make decisions based on the morality or lack of on other people's lives.
Kindly leave people to live their own lives.

You haven't paid any attention to my posts, have you? Just kneejerk reaction.

I don't want to make any decisions for anyone. I support full legalization of ALL drugs. I would much prefer to see the money wasted on the drug war going to effective education and rehabilitation for addicts.

The only governmental control I would like to see is an outright ban on advertising ALL drugs and alcohol (even big pharma).

>Use of any drug potentially endangers a third party, especially alcohol.

?? How does use of alcohol endanger anyone else?

(Now, of course, if you try to drive drunk, then you are endangering other people. But that's because you were stupid enough to get behind the wheel after drinking, not because alcohol forces you to endanger other people.)

Ah c'mon, the first thing a person experiences under the influence, of anything, is impairment of judgment. People get high to act stupid. They don't have to drive a vehicle to be dangerous.

BTW, since marijuana is basically a psychedelic drug, the effect of its use is primarily determined by psychological set and setting. Flashing on the sixties 101. ;)
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

My point is that one shouldn't use the Bible to condemn it ...

My point is that it shouldn't matter whether or not the Bible condemns it. The law should permit one choose whether or not to use it as long as one isn't endangering a third party, just like we permit one to choose whether or not to use alcohol even though some religions prohibit it. If you think it's wrong, don't do it, and feel free to say why, but allow others the right to make their own choices on the matter.

Someone else brought religion into it, I was taking religion out of it ... follow the thread. :|
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

Is there a way to immediately test for the substance to see if you are under the influence, if you pull someone over or after the driver runs over and kills someones kid?

They have that for Alcohol.

The urinalysis is the most common test, as far as I know. THC can be detected up to six weeks after use in the urine.

A traffic violation would require corroborating evidence. LEO's are trained to conduct field sobriety tests. With probable cause they will search the vehicle for physical evidence e.g., actual marijuana, pipe, roach, roach clip, etc. We need a lawyer for more specifics here.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Is there a way to immediately test for the substance to see if you are under the influence, if you pull someone over or after the driver runs over and kills someones kid?

They have that for Alcohol.

The urinalysis is the most common test, as far as I know. THC can be detected up to six weeks after use in the urine.

A traffic violation would require corroborating evidence. LEO's are trained to conduct field sobriety tests. With probable cause they will search the vehicle for physical evidence e.g., actual marijuana, pipe, roach, roach clip, etc. We need a lawyer for more specifics here.

Thekey here is "Immediate"
They can breathalize you and determine if you have been drinking.
They can piss test you and find out if you have been consuming THC in the last month.

My question is this: If a traffic incident occurs, pulled over for speeding for example, or worse), how would you test on the spot to see if the person is under the influence of pot?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

My question is this: If a traffic incident occurs, pulled over for speeding for example, or worse), how would you test on the spot to see if the person is under the influence of pot?

They won't. Somebody will probably just push some law to have public roads off limits to anyone that has trace amounts and arrest anyone who pops positive during a traffic stop. Just to be on the safe side.:|

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

They won't. Somebody will probably just push some law to have public roads off limits to anyone that has trace amounts and arrest anyone who pops positive during a traffic stop. Just to be on the safe side.:|

Well, that is a reasonable solution.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

Pass or not, marijuana is pretty much legal in state of california.
Anyone can obtain doctor's recommendation
Plus governer just signed the bill that anythung under an ounce is an infraction and max penalty is 100 dollar fine... Which will be effective by jan 2011.

I love talking about medical marijuana at other state and rub it in their face!!!

To find your weed go to weedmaps.com.. And see how many shops are next to your house
Bernie Sanders for President 2016

How about bible showed me that
"moses was high as fuck in Kush mountain and when he was in middle of burning marijuana forest for days and nights and recieved 10 commandment from 'god' character.

WOW! That's far out, man.

How else burning tree talk to you???????
It had to be either
A. Marijuana plants
B. Salvia plants

And for a legal high at any state you can buy jwh018 from any reputable internet sites.
Totally legal high just like weed and you don't piss hot on drug test.
Or sold as spice or k2
Bernie Sanders for President 2016

And for a legal high at any state you can buy jwh018 from any reputable internet sites.
Or sold as spice or k2

Illegal here.

Or sold as spice or k2

Illegal here.

Illegal in many states and beoming more so. Nonetheless, there are plenty of ways people can get a legal high if they want one. A bottle of cough syrup or a jar of Nutmeg is hallucinogenic and available in any grocery store.
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"

I think there is a way for LEO's to determine if you're under the influence of drugs on the spot. Couldn't tell you how though.

Not scientific of course, but people under the influence of alcohol tend to drive too fast while people under the influence of drugs tend to drive too slow. :ph34r:

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

I think there is a way for LEO's to determine if you're under the influence of drugs on the spot. Couldn't tell you how though.

Not scientific of course, but people under the influence of alcohol tend to drive too fast while people under the influence of drugs tend to drive too slow. :ph34r:

Yep - Sister's friend in HS got nabbed doing a whopping 14 in a 35.

Cop asked if he knew how fast he was going, and he said 45 or so.:|

The lack of adequate testing methods for "impairment" under the influence of MJ is the biggest hurdle I see with the legalization issue. A breathalyzer determines with relative accuracy how "drunk" you are by measuring how much alcohol is in your blood stream, but there is no accurate test to determine how “high” someone is. You can only see if they have THC in their urine, blood, hair etc. but it could still be there many months after someone “accidentally inhaled some secondhand smoke” at a party.;)

Until a more accurate testing method can be developed, I can foresee a lot of legal issues with not just DUI/driving issues, but also work-place drug testing.

Regardless, I hope the proposition passes. First, because it will keep a lot of otherwise "normal" people out of jail, and second, it will be interesting to watch a state stand up to the federal government.

"Ignorance is bliss" and "Patience is a virtue"... So if you're stupid and don't mind waiting around for a while, I guess you can have a pretty good life!

Latest I have seen

If posted before forgive me

I have not really been following this thread much lately

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=%2Fc%2Fa%2F2010%2F10%2F20%2FBACB1FVDUL.DTL
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln