Illicit Narcotics A "Victimless Crime" - NOT

>Alcohol hurts millions.

Yep. And like I said, if people want to do it and it doesn't hurt anyone else, then yes, make it legal.

Alcohol hurts families, children, plenty of others.

Ever seen a bar fight? Ever seen a case of fetal alcohol syndrom? Ever seen anyone . . . damn, I can't find the article . . . but there are instances where drunk people stumble into other people and they fall onto train tracks, and into traffic.

Alcohol hurts not just the ones that consume it.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Alcohol hurts not just the ones that consume it.

So we should ban beer because of those that can't drink responsibly?

Should we ban cars because of bad drivers?

Should we make seatbelts mandatory for the same reasons?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

>Alcohol hurts families, children, plenty of others.

Absolutely. It's one of the more dangerous drugs out there.

>Ever seen a bar fight? Ever seen a case of fetal alcohol syndrom?

Yep.

>Alcohol hurts not just the ones that consume it.

I've never been hit over the head by alcohol. I have been hit by drunk PEOPLE, though. That's their fault, not the fault of a molecule they've chosen to use.

It comes down to personal responsibility vs the victim mindset. I guess you have to choose one or the other.

Trust me - these Mexican cartels are very nervous about California's Prop 19 to legalize and regulate marijuana. It would constitute a very large drop in their revenues if it passes.

There would likely be more bloodshed there because the supplier market will diminish and lead to more wars over meth and other drugs.

Making products illegal does not eliminate demand. IT merely increases the price

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Trust me - these Mexican cartels are very nervous about California's Prop 19 to legalize and regulate marijuana. It would constitute a very large drop in their revenues if it passes.

There would likely be more bloodshed there because the supplier market will diminish and lead to more wars over meth and other drugs.

Making products illegal does not eliminate demand. IT merely increases the price

With witch the government can snatch and steal their chunk of . . . so who is the cartel then?

With witch the government can snatch and steal their chunk of . . . so who is the cartel then?

who ever you vote(d) for.

No. I voted for the other guy.

Right.

I actually found myself laughing at the people who say, "Taxing pot sales could solve the school budget problems." Etc.

Yeah. Smoking pot is a societal responsibility. Bullshit.

It'd be refreshing for someone to say, "I smoke pot because I like it. To me, boredom is a worse disease than bubonic plague because it infects way more people far more often. If I want to laugh at the texture coating then I should be able to have chemical help if I want it."

I've never touched it. But if I want it, dammit, I should be able to do so without fear of criminal sanction. It's that simple to me.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Laws are made to protect people from others or themselves.

Looking at the impact on society from legalized alcohol
and legalized pot, I think alcohol should be illegal and pot should be legal.

Which one is constantly found as a factor in:
- domestic violence.
- vehicle crashes.
- non-domestic violence.
- an impact in many forms of illness.

Smoking anything will not do the lungs any good,
but alcohol is a train wreck for society.

Of course, all the same arguments used for pot were
used for alcohol.
At some point, adults are responsible for their actions
while using any substance.
The laws should be the same for both.

We could always make cigs illegal and watch the
4-pack a day smokers hold up convenience stores. ;)
Did someone mention deadly and costly addictions ? :ph34r:

>Remove the illegal status and the crime problem fixes itself in most ways.

Agreed - and true for more than just drugs.

Sure

If enough people want to do it, just make it legal for christs sake huh......

It has nothing to do with that.

It has to do with what the best course of action is to reduce use, abuse, and dependence.

Prohibition does not work.

If trees were the only potential victim? Then yes. But the sober people want to use the roads too damn it

Potentials?

That drug user could potentially corrupt my children, or your sister, or his family.

If you actually cared about this, and weren't just spouting off nonsense you would be opposed to prohibition.

That's 15 yards for shooting repeated tangenital digressions from the hip.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley