Kennedy

Views on "ObamaCare"

I believe that according to the UCMJ, it is illegal to commit adultry.

As CIC, does he not have to abide by the rules that he is supposed to enforce?

according to the UCMJ if a servicemember commits adultery with the spouse of another servicemember during time of war the death penalty is in force !

i write this while listening to
you can call me al -paul simon-
if find this extraordinarily ironic !

according to the UCMJ if a servicemember commits adultery with the spouse of another servicemember during time of war the death penalty is in force !

FUCK.. its a good thing we didn't execute General Eisenhower for that huh??

OR Senator McCain:o

they both committed adultery with another servicemembers spouse during time of war?

as to your question idk really about throwing ike to the wolves,
but mccain, he's coming along alot better. if you had asked me that question of him 3 or 4 years ago, i might have let you at him !

sitting on the dock of the bay -otis redding-

even dems are hating on health care !
sneak a peek, sneek a peekers

http://thehill.com/house-polls/the-hill-anga-poll-week-1/122851-distaste-for-healthcare-law-crosses-party-lines

let it whip =dazz band-

Did you really just post the link in your reply that I put into the OP? I even quote the first few paragraphs. WTF?

And what's with you including your bad taste in music? This isn't your myspace account or livejournal.
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

if find this extraordinarily ironic !

To answer the CIC question: He is not under the UCMJ. He is not a uniformed service member, he's a civillian.

Where do you see this "Adultery=death" clause at? Is this another urban legend that plagues Military Laws? The UCMJ tells you what is legal/illegal behavior. The Manual of Courts martial, however, will tell you how to execute punishment.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

UCMJ penalties are set out in US Code Title 10, Subtitle A, Part II, Chapter 47 Sunchapter X and limited by subsection 855. For death penalty to apply, it must be listed under appropriate penalty. Sedition, mutiny, murder, and a few others have it listed in law. As far as I can find, adultery is not even a specified crime. It falls under subsection 934, aka article 134, the general article.

Though not specifically mentioned in this chapter, all disorders and neglects to the prejudice of good order and discipline in the armed forces, all conduct of a nature to bring discredit upon the armed forces, and crimes and offenses not capital, of which persons subject to this chapter may be guilty, shall be taken cognizance of by a general, special, or summary court-martial, according to the nature and degree of the offense, and shall be punished at the discretion of that court.

"Punished at the direction of the court" does not include death penalty. Crime carrying the death penalty have it spelled out in USC along with "at the direction."

Until someone can show me law or legal precedent stating otherwise, the "death penalty for adultery" idea is nonsense.
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

Until someone can show me law or legal precedent stating otherwise, the "death penalty for adultery" idea is nonsense.

It's nonsense. It's up there with "service members are property of the U.S Govt. therefore sunburns are punishable as 'destruction of Govt property.'"

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

It's nonsense. It's up there with "service members are property of the U.S Govt. therefore sunburns are punishable as 'destruction of Govt property.'"

When I was in tech school, there was a cold snap - the commander put up a sign at the smoking area that stated that anyone catching a cold from going outside without cold-weather gear would get an Article 108 - destruction of government property.

JAG promptly notified the commander of the fallacy of that claim... ;)
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

The rationing of care by the government doesn't scare me any more than the rationing of care by insurance companies does.

If you have money, you can get whatever care you'd like.

Wendy P.

You may want to look a little closer
Principal just dropped it's insurance division eliminating 1600 policies

McDonalds is considering dropping its corp insurance

Many companies already have.

The news about the effects of this Obamanaition it starting to be seen way earlier than the admin had hoped

Hopefully this pile of bill will get defuned and repealed sooner than later
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

From Knowelty:

The cheapest plan offered by McDonalds comes to a total of $727.48 per year, and this gets a worker just $2,000 of coverage. Simple medical expenses, like the flu or a small injury might be covered, but the costs paid by insurance probably won’t even equal their premium. Major medical issues might as well not have any coverage.

The more expensive plan offered by McDonalds costs $1,680 per year, and the worker receives benefits up to $10,000. However, outpatient treatment stops at $2,000, and an emergency room visit could eat away at that very quickly.

That's what McDonald's is considering dropping.

The reason is that they spend less than 80% of the money they take in on premiums on health care costs.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Shame on our legislators for not foreseeing that even large insurers will simply pull out of certain market segments if the requirements mean they will take a loss.
Shame on any carrier that can not even achieve an 85% loss ratio, much less 90%.
Lots of blame to go around for basically extending the same old system with barely token efforts to actually control the cost of care.
It's almost as if they said "Let's just fix the price of what carriers and consumers must pay, but not address the actual costs."
Brilliant.
And now that some of the folly is being exposed, here come the exemptions.
This political cluster fuck is going to get a lot clustier.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

This COULDN'T be a political move, could it?

Or is it just as it appears, an admission that the plan they shoved down our throat is bunk!?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

This COULDN'T be a political move, could it?

Or is it just as it appears, an admission that the plan they shoved down our throat is bunk!?

Yes, and yes.

What they did was more along the lines of appealing to voter emotions (do you "feel" better now?) than actually addressing the problem - but that's politics as usual.

It'll be intreresting to see how everybody "feels" as this whole thing plays out/unravels).
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

Actually it's politically brilliant if your goal is single-payer government run HC. The bill creates unsustainable requirements for the insurance companies. They leave and the sheople who have no coverage cry out for the government to once again rescue them.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

The problem is... the people who actually still believe that they are actually covered

Just wait till you get YOUR surprise>:(

I know you had a bad experience. My heart attack last January was exactly what my insurance company said they would do.

Destinations by Roxanne

My heart attack last January was exactly what my insurance company said they would do.

Your insurance company said they'd give you a heart attack? For shame!:o:o That really is a death panel.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

My heart attack last January was exactly what my insurance company said they would do.

Your insurance company said they'd give you a heart attack? For shame!:o:o That really is a death panel.

Lol...I signed up for the MI rider.

Destinations by Roxanne