dreamdancer

Israel used 'incredible violence' against Gaza aid flotilla

Maybe someone can come up with a 'blowing ones brains out' emoticon for use with this thread

(of course it would be useful if it was a paintball gun):S

Man, reading this thread is like the definition of the ultimate pointless arguement on the internet.

When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Becasue its the same old crap. One side insists that the IDF were acting illegaly the other say they wern't. .. One side says the other isdes film was edited but their one wasn't, guess what so does the other.. One side says it was murder the other says self defence.

Who here was on that boat?......

No? Then quite frankly you don't know what the hell happened. And that is why this is a total load of bollocks.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Becasue its the same old crap. One side insists that the IDF were acting illegaly the other say they wern't. .. One side says the other isdes film was edited but their one wasn't, guess what so does the other.. One side says it was murder the other says self defence.

No? Then quite frankly you don't know what the hell happened. And that is why this is a total load of bollocks.

This guy knows.

"They were hitting me with metal rods, and as I protected myself, I guess they broke my arm."

Sounds like peaceful, law abiding, missionaries to me.:|

If you don't include the whole - "Lats be Martyrs" thing.:S

ETA: "I conducted a search on one of the people. On him I found two utility knives on one person! He had two utility kniveds, one pocket knife and an extendable metal rod, like a club, in the other pocket he had tear gas and pepper spray."

Yep - more evidence of nice passivist, law abiding, innocent missionaries.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

That's NERD to you, buddy. :P

I believe it would be Miss Nerd.

Ms. High Speed Nerd

ms. high speed low drag high tech low maint. nerd !

Do you need a tissue to wipe off your nose?:D

gonna need a splint , she stopped suddenly and unexpectedly , and i broke it !

That's NERD to you, buddy. :P

I believe it would be Miss Nerd.

Ms. High Speed Nerd

ms. high speed low drag high tech low maint. nerd !

Do you need a tissue to wipe off your nose?:D

gonna need a splint , she stopped suddenly and unexpectedly , and i broke it !

AHHHH - so we found the kind of guy that is behind her.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

Then y do you spend so much time on ungodly things?
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

Come on Clint, they were all peace and love. Nobody said they wanted to be marytrs. They didn't attack soldiers before even getting their feet on the deck. It's not like Iran would ever ship weapons to another country and disguise it as food and toys and...

Oh damn, so much for that.

Afghan Police Seize 22 Tons Of Explosives From Iran
Updated: Wednesday, 06 Oct 2010, 9:03 AM EDT
Published : Wednesday, 06 Oct 2010, 8:18 AM EDT

AFP - Afghan police said Wednesday they had seized 22 tons of explosives stashed in boxes marked "food, toys and kitchenware" that were imported from neighboring Iran.

The discovery was made Tuesday in a customs office in the western province of Nimroz on the Iranian border, deputy provincial police chief Mohammad Musa Rasouli said.

"We found these materials hidden in a 40 foot shipping container that had come from Iran. The explosives were disguised as merchandise like food, toys and kitchenware," he added.

Bombs made from old ammunitions and explosives are the main weapon used by the Taliban and other insurgents fighting against the Western-backed Afghan government and Western troops, and cause the bulk of military casualties.

Foreign military commanders and some Afghan officials have accused Iran of providing weapons to the Taliban, the chief group leading the insurgency since the 2001 U.S.-led invasion ousted its regime from power.

Tehran, a long-running U.S. foe, denies the charges and senior Afghan administration officials say they have no evidence against Iran.

The U.S. and NATO have more than 150,000 troops in Afghanistan to fight the Taliban and keep President Hamid Karzai's administration in power.

Copyright 2010 AFP. All rights reserved

witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

Come on Clint, they were all peace and love. Nobody said they wanted to be marytrs. They didn't attack soldiers before even getting their feet on the deck. It's not like Iran would ever ship weapons to another country and disguise it as food and toys and...

Oh damn, so much for that.

Afghan Police Seize 22 Tons Of Explosives From Iran
Updated: Wednesday, 06 Oct 2010, 9:03 AM EDT
Published : Wednesday, 06 Oct 2010, 8:18 AM EDT

AFP - Afghan police said Wednesday they had seized 22 tons of explosives stashed in boxes marked "food, toys and kitchenware" that were imported from neighboring Iran.

The discovery was made Tuesday in a customs office in the western province of Nimroz on the Iranian border, deputy provincial police chief Mohammad Musa Rasouli said.

"We found these materials hidden in a 40 foot shipping container that had come from Iran. The explosives were disguised as merchandise like food, toys and kitchenware," he added.

Bombs made from old ammunitions and explosives are the main weapon used by the Taliban and other insurgents fighting against the Western-backed Afghan government and Western troops, and cause the bulk of military casualties.

Foreign military commanders and some Afghan officials have accused Iran of providing weapons to the Taliban, the chief group leading the insurgency since the 2001 U.S.-led invasion ousted its regime from power.

Tehran, a long-running U.S. foe, denies the charges and senior Afghan administration officials say they have no evidence against Iran.

The U.S. and NATO have more than 150,000 troops in Afghanistan to fight the Taliban and keep President Hamid Karzai's administration in power.

Copyright 2010 AFP. All rights reserved

You aren't saying that they would ever even think about doing that for Gaza, do you? You are Sofa King Cynical! What proof do you have?! I am outraged that you would even ATTEMPT to accuse Iran of doing things like this!

ETA: Fixed a busted clicky thingy[:/]

UN report: Israel's Gaza blockade legal

Do not flame the source, there are many other links to the official report.

The report does however find that the IDF used "excessive and unreasonable" force to stop vessels.
To me that's a subjective opinion. These were commandos, not the coast guard.
It's a bit like saying that Gordon Ramsay used "excessive and unreasonable" skill in preparing a salad.

Israeli raid on Gaza flotilla
1 September 2011 Last updated at 23:39 ET

The United Nations has described as "excessive and unreasonable" an Israeli military assault on a flotilla to Gaza in which nine Turkish humanitarian workers were killed.

But the leaked UN report into the incident has concluded Israel's naval blockade of Gaza is legal.

Barbara Plett reports from the United Nations in New York.

Gaza ship raid excessive but blockade legal, says UN

The raid on the flotilla has been condemned but the UN has declared Israel's blockade legitimate

A UN report says Israel used "excessive force" in its raid on a Gaza-bound aid flotilla last year, but said the naval blockade was legal, according to the New York Times.

The UN also found that Israeli commandos were met with "organised and violent resistance" when they boarded the Mavi Marmara, the paper reports.

The Turkish-flagged ship was part of a convoy which aimed to break Israel's blockade on the Gaza Strip.

Nine activists were killed in the raid.

The incident, which took place in May 2010, attracted international condemnation and led to a diplomatic dispute between Israel and Turkey.

Apology demanded

The report, which was originally expected to be completed by February, is expected to be released on Friday, but was leaked in full to the New York Times.

The Mavi Marmara and other vessels were intercepted last May by Israeli navy commandos "Israel's decision to board the vessels with such substantial force at a great distance from the blockade zone and with no final warning immediately prior to the boarding was excessive and unreasonable," the report concluded.

But the inquiry, led by former New Zealand prime minister Geoffrey Palmer, added that the naval blockade was legal and appropriate because it was aimed at preventing the import of weapons by sea.

The New York Times says that while Israel feels vindicated by the report, Turkey is upset with the conclusion on the legal status of Israel's naval blockade.

Meanwhile, Palestinian Islamist movement Hamas, which runs the Gaza Strip, condemned the findings as "unjust and unbalanced".

"It will allow the [Israeli] occupier to shirk its responsibilities," spokesman Sami Abu Zuhri told AFP.

The BBC's UN correspondent Barbara Plett says the publication of the report has been delayed several times to encourage reconciliation between Israel and Turkey, but that has not happened.

Turkey has insisted it will not resume full relations until Israel apologises for the deaths, which it has so far refused to do.

Turkish Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoglu said the UN report was Israel's last chance to apologise and that ties could deteriorate further if it is not forthcoming.

On Friday, a senior Israeli official told AFP news agency that Israel would accept the report "with specific reservations".

Israeli public radio quoted political sources on Friday as saying that Israel still does not intend to apologise.

The panel was set up partly to help heal the rift in Turkish-Israeli relations, but in fact it may have made reconciliation more difficult, our correspondent says.

Israel's foreign ministry has said it will not comment until after the official release of the report.

An inquiry by Israel concluded in January that the raid was legal under international law, but its findings were rejected by Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan, who said it lacked credibility.

witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

The UN also found that Israeli commandos were met with "organised and violent resistance" when they boarded the Mavi Marmara, the paper reports.

The Mavi Marmara and other vessels were intercepted last May by Israeli navy commandos "Israel's decision to board the vessels with such substantial force at a great distance from the blockade zone and with no final warning immediately prior to the boarding was excessive and unreasonable," the report concluded.

But the inquiry, led by former New Zealand prime minister Geoffrey Palmer, added that the naval blockade was legal and appropriate because it was aimed at preventing the import of weapons by sea.

Not sure how they conclude it was appropriate to do to prevents arms, but then criticize the methods used to stop weapons flow. If the resistance was organized already, how much more so would it have been with "final notice?"

A UN report says Israel used "excessive force" in its raid on a Gaza-bound aid flotilla last year

This doesn't make sense. They first boarded the boat with PAINT GUNS!!! Only after they were attacked (and some were taken captive) they had to use live ammo.

Well, at least they were fair enough to point that these were no "peaceful activists" and that they were violent and organized.
"Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero."

Quite frankly I'm sick of this shit, Jew & Muslim stop acting like fucking children and sort your shit out. Pathetic the lot of them. As usual the fucking extremists on both sides fucking up the lives of the majority.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

murder on the high seas...

Turkey is to challenge Israel's blockade on Gaza at the International Court of Justice, amid a worsening diplomatic crisis between the once close allies.

The announcement by Turkish foreign minister Ahmet Davutoglu appears to rebuff UN secretary general Ban Ki-moon's attempt to defuse the row over Israel's armed assault on a Gaza-bound aid flotilla in which nine people were killed.

Turkey dramatically downgraded its relations with Israel, cutting military ties with its former ally and expelling the country's ambassador over his government's refusal to apologise for the killings of eight Turkish citizens and a Turkish American last May.

Ban said today that the two countries should accept the recommendations of a UN report that examined the incident. The report found Israel had used "excessive and unreasonable" force to stop the flotilla approaching Gaza, but that it was justified in maintaining a naval blockade on the Palestinian enclave.

But Davutoglu later dismissed the report, stating it had not been endorsed by the UN and was therefore not binding.

"What is binding is the International Court of Justice," he told Turkey's state-run TRT television. "This is what we are saying: let the International Court of Justice decide.

"We are starting the necessary legal procedures this coming week."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/sep/03/turkey-challenge-israel-gaza-blockade
stay away from moving propellers - they bite
blue skies from thai sky adventures
good solid response-provoking keyboarding

Gaza ship raid excessive but blockade legal, says UN

It may very well be 'legal', as any country has a right to defend itself, but it is far from the right thing to do.

In the USA, if a few hundred illegal Latino's all started a protest at the border, then we intervened with police, and then someone took a swing at a cop, then we sent in the special forces and started shooting people, well I guess that would be 'legal' too.

We would be defending our country in theory and I expect the UN would rule again that this was 'legal'

It would be FAR from acceptable behavior on our part, would definitely strain relationships with various countries and may result in sanctions and shit hitting the fan that would go on for years.

But whatever, the latter post of 'these jews and muslims need to sort their shit out' is a more accurate statement, and I think the USA should step far far away from all of it, cut off ties with Israel and Palestine for that matter.

We only stand behind Israel because of the extreme right wing Christian influence that seems to think the Rapture will not happen unless Israel exists.....bullshit.

Turkey is to challenge Israel's blockade on Gaza at the International Court of Justice, amid a worsening diplomatic crisis between the once close allies.

The announcement by Turkish foreign minister Ahmet Davutoglu appears to rebuff UN secretary general Ban Ki-moon's attempt to defuse the row over Israel's armed assault on a Gaza-bound aid flotilla in which nine people were killed.

Turkey dramatically downgraded its relations with Israel, cutting military ties with its former ally and expelling the country's ambassador over his government's refusal to apologise for the killings of eight Turkish citizens and a Turkish American last May.

Ban said today that the two countries should accept the recommendations of a UN report that examined the incident. The report found Israel had used "excessive and unreasonable" force to stop the flotilla approaching Gaza, but that it was justified in maintaining a naval blockade on the Palestinian enclave.

But Davutoglu later dismissed the report, stating it had not been endorsed by the UN and was therefore not binding.

"What is binding is the International Court of Justice," he told Turkey's state-run TRT television. "This is what we are saying: let the International Court of Justice decide.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/sep/03/turkey-challenge-israel-gaza-blockade

Are you going to ever start bellyaching about your buddies.. the Turks now?..... I mean they have such a stellar record in their treatment of their own people... OOOPS.. I guess you did not know that... maybe you should go look up Turkish-Kurdish history.

Are you going to ever start bellyaching about your buddies.. the Turks now?..... I mean they have such a stellar record in their treatment of their own people... OOOPS.. I guess you did not know that... maybe you should go look up Turkish-Kurdish history.

The Turks were real sweethearts to the Kurds by comparison to their treatment of the Armenians.

..and they're still in denial of their own version of the holocaust, armenian genocide..

they want to get into the EU, if that happens, that's when i'll file for a visa in north korea.. :S
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

The Turks were real sweethearts to the Kurds by comparison to their treatment of the Armenians.

The Armenian death marches were almost a hundred years ago, you have to take that into account. Around the same time Winston Churchill was advocating and enabling the gassing of Kurdish villagers by the RAF. The Kurdish issue is a current one but again you can't look at only one side of that. The PKK have conducted a terrorist war against Turkey for decades.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

The Armenian death marches were almost a hundred years ago, you have to take that into account. Around the same time Winston Churchill was advocating and enabling the gassing of Kurdish villagers by the RAF. The Kurdish issue is a current one but again you can't look at only one side of that. The PKK have conducted a terrorist war against Turkey for decades.

and what did the armenians do!? doesnt matter how long it's ago, the german holocaust is 60yrs back, took them krauts not nearly 100yrs to still be in denial..
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda