quade

What IS the deal with the Tea Party and signs?

"Now is the time, now, for all good men to come to the aide of their country!"

There is nothing GLARING as you say, unless you want to over dramatize a mis used, or omiited comma.

Dude, you just wrote out the sentence and you still can't see it?

The mis-use of the word "aide"?

Even the grammar queen couldn't see it - why don't you enlighten us because no one else sees it but you.

Unless you mean that it is a run on sentence.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

There is nothing GLARING as you say, unless you want to over dramatize a mis used, or omiited comma.

Perhaps the reason no one has responded to your clues up to this point, is because you're making a mountain out of a molehill.

The second "now" can be deemed redundant, but it's not necessarily incorrect. It could have just been added for emphasis, to mean; "Yes, I mean now, not some time in the near future, but RIGHT NOW!"

If it was said in a speech that way, the emphasis would be perfectly normal, even more effective.

Even the word "aide" (vs. "aid") could be considered correct in the context. The definition of "aide" is "a person who acts as an assistant", and the message on the window could be asking you to vote for that aide/politician to help your country change for the better.

my my - stop the hate - :P

There is no hate. I am not at war with them. I know they are smart, know they are hard workers and know they are family oriented. It's just that I am not part of their family, so for the most part I am not welcomed into their world.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

What else except the *COUNTRYI* ???

Try putting an exclamation point on the end, instead of an "I".
I would think that with your superior intellect you would have been able to figure that out.

And *We the People*???

What's wrong with that?
It's an introductory phrase from a little known document called our "Constitution".

Perhaps the reason no one has responded to your clues up to this point, is because you're making a mountain out of a molehill.
The second "now" can be deemed redundant, but it's not necessarily incorrect. It could have just been added for emphasis, to mean; "Yes, I mean now, not some time in the near future, but RIGHT NOW!"
If it was said in a speech that way, the emphasis would be perfectly normal, even more effective.

Awesome. I'm going to start adding and subtracting words to stuff just for the hell of it.

"People use guns to kill people, people do."

See how it just doesn't have the same ring to it?

The second "now" isn't simply redundant, it's an error.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I know they are smart, know they are hard workers and know they are family oriented.

oh dear, the cliches continue to fly

(I'm just kidding, I'm just wondering how some of the others feel when they call racism on every little thing - I feel,,,,,,,smug......superior.......and suddenly I want to raise taxes.......it's interesting and a bit addictive)

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

It is time America realized just how much of Canada's raw resources that it consumes.

Disagree. It's time we move the US border a few miles north. ;)

Can't do that-we failed once and they'd be even tougher now that a lot of the british has been bred out of them:P
You are only as strong as the prey you devour

It is time America realized just how much of Canada's raw resources that it consumes.

Disagree. It's time we move the US border a few miles north. ;)

Can't do that-we failed once and they'd be even tougher now that a lot of the british has been bred out of them:P

Yeah, but a lot of them still speak French, so we got that whole surrender-monkey thing going for us. ;)
quade -

I think these guys would REALLLY prefer the other version anyway:S:S

Who originated, "Now is the time for all good men ..."
September 16, 1977

Dear Cecil:
Where did the sentence, "Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of the party" originate?
— Lotte B., Phoenix
Cecil replies:
From the typewriter it came, and to the typewriter it shall return: the phrase was proposed as a typing drill by a teacher named Charles E. Weller. Incidentally, many typing books now use the variant "Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their country" instead, because it exactly fills out a 70-space line if you put a period at the end.
— Cecil Adams

*COUNTRYI* .............

I would think that with your superior intellect you would have been able to figure that out.

I suspect it was a double hit while putting up the trailing "*" actually. The capital "I" is adjacent to the {shift} *

makes much more sense than an "!"

glass houses and all that - but the other was being antagonistic just for the hell of it

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Yeah, but a lot of them still speak French, so we got that whole surrender-monkey thing going for us. ;)

Referring to another thread discussion, since you are richer than I am-I expect you to replace my keyboard if the water I just spit all over it does damage.
You are only as strong as the prey you devour

Referring to another thread discussion, since you are richer than I am-I expect you to replace my keyboard if the water I just spit all over it does damage.

Whatever happened to skydiver's taking responsibility for their own actions? Tsk, tsk.
quade -

And you started a thread for that?!!!

It would have been 100 times better if you would have made a copy of it, then made some subtle changes too one of the photos and we could have played 'Find the Difference'. :P
*I am not afraid of dying... I am afraid of missing life.*
----Disclaimer: I don't know shit about skydiving.----

Not just. There's all sorts of wrong with that photo. The "now, now" issue was simply one nobody noticed.
quade -

Not just. There's all sorts of wrong with that photo. The "now, now" issue was simply one nobody noticed wanted to be anal-retentive and nit pick.

FIFY.:)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I'm just kidding, I'm just wondering how some of the others feel when they call racism on every little thing - I feel,,,,,,,smug......superior.......and suddenly I want to raise taxes.......it's interesting and a bit addictive

I sensed you were joking, but I replied anyway just to be safe. :)

You first reaction should not be to just raise taxes because we know the mere mention of raising taxes will drive votes away (unless of course it is a hidden tax, you know the infamous "service fee"). No your first reaction to all of this racism should be "How much public money can I get away with spending"?

Never met a politician who didn't like spending money. B|

DUDE.. you really should check out Christine O'Donnell... she is single.. and you could get back to the USA.. and have a really conservative wife.

I miss so much about Colorado. I miss their fantastic weather, the ability to skydive 12 months a year, I miss the friends I had there etc, etc, etc.

But believe it or not, I am better off "economically" up here in Oilberta. Presently I am not in the patch (not always the easiest club to crack) but there are many benefits to the patch that I get to enjoy here.

Oh and while she will remain anonymous, there is an attractive smart woman known here at DZ.COM who has offered to marry me in the past to allow me back in (not sure if the offer still stands with her), but there was no love. I will not marry anyone for the sake of a Green Card. Plus wherever did people get the impression I could not return to the USA. All I need to do is find another job eligible under the TN-1 work visa and as long as INS does not reject me, I am back. But it is a temporary visa and presently not worth pursuing.

DUDE.. you really should check out Christine O'Donnell... she is single.. and you could get back to the USA.. and have a really conservative wife.

I miss so much about Colorado. I miss their fantastic weather, the ability to skydive 12 months a year, I miss the friends I had there etc, etc, etc.

But believe it or not, I am better off "economically" up here in Oilberta. Presently I am not in the patch (not always the easiest club to crack) but there are many benefits to the patch that I get to enjoy here.

Oh and while she will remain anonymous, there is an attractive smart woman known here at DZ.COM who has offered to marry me in the past to allow me back in (not sure if the offer still stands with her), but there was no love. I will not marry anyone for the sake of a Green Card. Plus wherever did people get the impression I could not return to the USA. All I need to do is find another job eligible under the TN-1 work visa and as long as INS does not reject me, I am back. But it is a temporary visa and presently not worth pursuing.

But Christine is from Deleware.... I hear there are some good DZ nearby;)

*COUNTRYI* .............

I suspect it was a double hit while putting up the trailing "*" actually. The capital "I" is adjacent to the {shift} *

So what you're saying is that when christalsabine wrote a message to criticize someone else for poor typing and/or spelling skills, she herself exercised poor typing and/or spelling skills.

Isn't that special.

There's all sorts of wrong with that photo. The "now, now" issue was simply one nobody noticed.

I noticed, but didn't consider it worthy of my time to discuss. I'm sure there are also many others who reacted in this manner. You're not the only person here who knows proper English, and just because others didn't comment on it, doesn't mean they were too stupid to notice it. Hop down off your high horse.