turtlespeed

If I broke into your house . . .

Didn't you break into that very same house a few generations ago, redecorate it and then proclaim it to be your house, subduing the existing occupiers by force? So now 400 years later you get to bitch about others wanting to did what your forefathers did. Nice.

So what are you saying: " come on in"...let the illegals continue to cross the borders, even if by forced entry ?

How many have YOU; personally, invited to put up in your home, offered 3 squares to, given them your ATM card for access to your savings, stepped down from your job so they can have it, "redecorated your house" so they could send for their families, turned the other cheek or didn't bat an eye when what you've worked hard for has been destroyed, taken, or quit claimed to a stranger, while you're taking a foreign language course, so you can be a hospitable host ? :S

Didn't you break into that very same house a few generations ago, redecorate it and then proclaim it to be your house, subduing the existing occupiers by force? So now 400 years later you get to bitch about others wanting to did what your forefathers did. Nice.

So what are you saying: " come on in"...let the illegals continue to cross the borders, even if by forced entry ?

How many have YOU; personally, invited to put up in your home, offered 3 squares to, given them your ATM card for access to your savings, stepped down from your job so they can have it, "redecorated your house" so they could send for their families, turned the other cheek or didn't bat an eye when what you've worked hard for has been destroyed, taken, or quit claimed to a stranger, while you're taking a foreign language course, so you can be a hospitable host ? :S

So might you be suggesting that the Statute of Limitations is up for the early settlers theives and squaters

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Good rule of thumb. When in a discussion about illegal immigration with someone who refuses to use the word illegal-laugh and leave-they're hopeless.

Illegals are undocumented workers the same way crack dealers are undocumented pharmacists.

That kind of silly slogan is beneath you. Yes, the illegals are illegal and not merely "undocumented", and there's nothing wrong with your objecting to their illegal presence. But the cheap produce on our tables, and the nicely-mulched gardens at the malls, and the clean bathrooms in the office parks weren't put there by crack dealers - they were put there by people who work, most of whom are mighty brownish.

The fact that they work hard has nothing to do with the legality of their presence, sorry.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

So might you be suggesting that the Statute of Limitations is up for the early settlers theives and squaters

---------------------------------------------------------

It was a DIRECT question !

Now this I'll "suggest" to your RE in the way of an indirect question:
Statue of Limitations ???
What thieving early settlers/ squatters are you referring to ?
Columbus discovery/ settling ...Ponce de Leon, Cortez,yadayada ?
( and before you bring up "stealing the land from us injun's they were here 1st " ...I'm a Cherokee, Black Foot & Anglo Saxon mut )
The price of persecution, prosecution of the Asians, Quakers, Irish, African Americans & every ancestral migration to this land, the war camps of the migrated Germans & Japanese during WWI & WWII ?
The Revolutionary War..." the British are coming ?
The Spanish-American War ?
The Civil War ?
These and WE have all Paid our Dues in establishing this Country.
What...build it & they will come ?
Ya pay your frickin dues before you are ENTITLED to seek, have or take !

BTW: I was educated in a prior thread:
Native Americans were not here 1st...African American's were immigrated here from the Brit's...as slaves !

-----------------------------------------------------------
It was a direct question ?

Statute of Limitations ???

What thieving, settlers, squatters are you referring to ?
Columbus' discovery/ settling, Ponce de Leon in FL, Cortez, yadayada ?
Before you go "they stole the land from us injuns...they were here, 1st"...
I'm a Cherokee, Black Foot, Anglo-Saxon, mut !
The Irish, Asian, Quakers, African Americans; just amongst of few of the ancestral migrators who were persecuted- prosecuted for settling here ?
The Revolutionary War settlers..." the British are coming" ?
Those who settled & fought in the Spanish American War ?
The Civil War ?
The imprisoned Germans & Japanese war camp 'settlers' during WWI, WWII ?

They ALL...We All, paid our dues !
Pay your frickin dues before you seek, stalk, demand, take or 'force' ENTITLEMENT !

What...we built it...and now they will come ?

BTW: in a prior thread, I was educated:
Evidently, the Native Americans were not the 1st here, African Americans were...they were immigrated by the Brit's...as slaves !

I'm relatively new to these forums. Would Quade, or somebody who knows Quade, please tell me how you can always be on the opposite side of so many issues, that are so clear and obvious to rational people? I've read several threads on various topics, and I just sit in front of my monitor shaking my head in disbelief. I've read enough to know that there isn't anything that anybody could write that will change your mind; I'm just curious who you are? What's your story??:P

Good rule of thumb. When in a discussion about illegal immigration with someone who refuses to use the word illegal-laugh and leave-they're hopeless.

Illegals are undocumented workers the same way crack dealers are undocumented pharmacists.

That kind of silly slogan is beneath you. Yes, the illegals are illegal and not merely "undocumented", and there's nothing wrong with your objecting to their illegal presence. But the cheap produce on our tables, and the nicely-mulched gardens at the malls, and the clean bathrooms in the office parks weren't put there by crack dealers - they were put there by people who work, most of whom are mighty brownish.

The fact that they work hard has nothing to do with the legality of their presence, sorry.

Actually, my point was exactly the converse: the fact that they are illegal does not mean that they don't work hard (albeit illegally); and more to the point that I was making: it doesn't equate (most of) them with crack dealers.

I'm relatively new to these forums. Would Quade, or somebody who knows Quade, please tell me how you can always be on the opposite side of so many issues, that are so clear and obvious to rational people? I've read several threads on various topics, and I just sit in front of my monitor shaking my head in disbelief. I've read enough to know that there isn't anything that anybody could write that will change your mind; I'm just curious who you are? What's your story??:P

You're going to find, on here, a lot of conservative people, and a lot of liberal people. Occasionally the moderates try get an edge in wordwise, too. As a matter of basic human nature, each side has a lot of trouble fathoming the mentality of the other side. Anyhow, singling out one particular regular poster for a special all-purpose scolding probably misses the point.

If anyone just consumes material without questioning where it comes from, they open themselves up to being manipulated by propaganda.

Such as when you posted the Sarah Palin story at the restaurant without reservations. You were manipulated.

Why do you think Quade is the copy and paste nazi now?:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Because he copy and pasted a story where he allowed himself to be manipulated by consuming material without questioning where it came from? :D

______________________________________________________________________________________________________
1981 to 1988 is 7 years-Kallend (oops, it's actually 8 years Kallend)

The decade of the 80's was from 1980 to 1989. 10 years. If you remove 1980 and 1989 you have 1981 to 1988. 8 years.

Fair enough. Probably best that I continue to observe in silence most of the time anyway. This just happens to be an issue that seems so crystal clear (IMO).

If the issue is so clear, why are you not standing at our nations front door protecting us from these home invaders???

You're going to find, on here, a lot of conservative people, and a lot of liberal people. Occasionally the moderates try get an edge in wordwise, too. As a matter of basic human nature, each side has a lot of trouble fathoming the mentality of the other side. Anyhow, singling out one particular regular poster for a special all-purpose scolding probably misses the point.

To Flyerer:
...then you'll get people like this, who wear many hats...self proclaimed grammar cop, critic, philospher, pyschoanalyst, literary genius & pipes in to critque one's "missing the point" !
So Andman 908 & your staying on thread is not missing the point...or just out scouting ?

Yes - that was me.

And don't forget to remember that I was single handedly resposible for slavery world wide too.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Yes - that was me.

And don't forget to remember that I was single handedly resposible for slavery world wide too.

See, doesn't that feel better, getting that off your chest .... but you're a very naughty boy.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Yes - that was me.

See, doesn't that feel better, getting that off your chest .... but you're a very naughty boy.

It sucks being The Highlander and being immortal.:ph34r:
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

It sucks being The Highlander and being immortal.:ph34r:

What's really tough is how you misread the instructions and have gone around giving head instead of taking heads.

I see you have been doing your fantasy to reality treatments again.

I sure wish the doc would get you well again.

Reality can be a real bitch-but I'll never be lucky enough to completely lose touch with it.

Realy?:S

Surprises me
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Reality can be a real bitch-but I'll never be lucky enough to completely lose touch with it.

Realy?:S

Surprises me

Not me. I know him. Not surprising at all. He's just not a "lucky man".