Kennedy

Islamofascism versus Islamophobia

Which is the bigger threat to the American way of life?

To create such a *simple* poll just shows how scared you guys are - you surely will not find out anything by just asking such primitive questions. Real threats come along in more colours. Not your usual black/white way of seeing the world.

It's a surprise to see you starting such an idiotic, uninspired poll, which at least should show more than 5 possible answers.

dudeist skydiver # 3105

Ignorance is the greatest threat to America

Perfectly put Jeanne
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Ignorance is the greatest threat to America

No argument here-we proved that on November 4, 2008

As evidenced by the PARTY OF NO and their adherents ever since, they have proved beyond a shadow of a doubt they are rePUBICans first and foremost, and Americans a distant second. The growth of the tea bagger movement and the never ending support of hatred towards all groups they see as the boogeyman leaves little doubt of the level of ignorance that America is awash in.

Yes we all realize November 4, 2008 was black Tuesday for you and your fellow travellers[:/]

Why the hell are some folks pissing and moaning about the poll. It's a very simple "which is worse" poll. I didn't ask if there were bigger threats (I believe there are). I didn't ask if one was evil and the other reasonable (I don't believe either is reasonable). I didn't ask if one or the other is within America's control. It's easy folks. Which do you think us a bigger threat to the USA?

Silly me I was hoping to actually discuss issues concerning this country, intolerance, national security, international relations, and some Hitler-like and Chamberlain-esque personalities. Ignore this post, it doesn't preach left or right, and doesn't demonize anyone and everyone who disagrees or require lockstep goose stepping agreement. Return to your regularly schedule poop flinging monkey fight of a thread.
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

>Which do you think us a bigger threat to the USA?

To answer the question as asked:

Overall, intolerance of other religions here inside the US is more of a threat to us as a people than a religion outside the US who supports a specific kind of government.

We can defend ourselves from attacks from without. We are far more vulnerable to those who would erode the Constitution because of their fears. In 20 years we will have a new bete noir, and Islam will be no serious threat to us - just as Japan, Germany and the USSR no longer pose significant threats to us. But if we decide to give up our rights because of our fears - that may not "go away" so easily. Rights, once abandoned, are rarely recovered.

That being said, historically we seem to make the right decision more often than not. We made the right decisions on civil rights for blacks in the 50's and 60's, despite a lot of fear back then. We eventually made the right decision on Japanese during WWII, despite some very big mistakes early on. We are (mostly) making the right decisions on gay rights today, despite some people who are afraid for "the destruction of society" or whatever. Hopefully we'll continue that sort of progress.

Neither.

Ignorant white folks that make up stupid terms for things that aren't real are the biggest threat to the American way of life.
Especially when they think their stupid terms make sense.

Try looking up Fascism in an online dictionary.

Then come back and inform us as to how a RELIGION (Islam) has anything to do with governance in partnership with business interests.

Can't you at least come up with something original, not a moron bastard shitheadism from Shrub?

Why the hell are some folks pissing and moaning about the poll. It's a very simple "which is worse" poll. I didn't ask if there were bigger threats (I believe there are). I didn't ask if one was evil and the other reasonable (I don't believe either is reasonable). I didn't ask if one or the other is within America's control. It's easy folks. Which do you think us a bigger threat to the USA?

Silly me I was hoping to actually discuss issues concerning this country, intolerance, national security, international relations, and some Hitler-like and Chamberlain-esque personalities. Ignore this post, it doesn't preach left or right, and doesn't demonize anyone and everyone who disagrees or require lockstep goose stepping agreement. Return to your regularly schedule poop flinging monkey fight of a thread.

It's a defence mechanism. They are afraid to answer. As scared to answer as they claim we are.

Perhaps you should put a nother poll with 560 different possible answers. Why not?
Easy: Someone would still try to find a way to not have to answer it. So they can try to appear as more and better than the poller.

Of course, they wouldn't actually read or retain all the answers to choose from, so they'll attack the word structure and spelling, again, so they have something to say that makes them feel superior to the poller.

It's called "grasping at straws" and "deflection" amd sometimes "ignorance", mostly it is just fear.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

It's a defence mechanism. They are afraid to answer. As scared to answer as they claim we are.

Perhaps you should put a nother poll with 560 different possible answers. Why not?
Easy: Someone would still try to find a way to not have to answer it. So they can try to appear as more and better than the poller.

Of course, they wouldn't actually read or retain all the answers to choose from, so they'll attack the word structure and spelling, again, so they have something to say that makes them feel superior to the poller.

It's called "grasping at straws" and "deflection" amd sometimes "ignorance", mostly it is just fear.

Would those of you who live in your all too BLACK and WHITE world just PLEASE get on with hating whichever group and whoever the hell you are supposed to be hating on this week as stated on RWC radio already? After all it's called "grasping at straws" and "deflection" and usually "ignorance", but mostly it is just fear of anyone different. [:/]

Neither.

Wasn't an option. Why are you so scared to answer?

Ignorant white folks that make up stupid terms for things that aren't real are the biggest threat to the American way of life.
Especially when they think their stupid terms make sense.

Wow, are you always this openly racist?

Try looking up Fascism in an online dictionary.

Not very difficult a task, did you complete the homework yourself? I only ask because yours is a very narrow view and definition.

That is beside the point that you either didn't have the required reading skills to, or were unable to search for the actual words contained in the title of the thread.

Here is a little help for the uninformed:

Islamofascism has it's own definition, query The New Oxford American Dictionary website if you don't believe me.;)

I know you didn't say to look up phobia, but I went ahead and did your homework for you (Wasn't that nice of me?) It looks like neither of these words are made up.:o That is unless you count the early 1980's as too soon to not be considered a "cult" word.

You really showed your information allocation abilities and intelligence on this one Skippy.:D:D

Unless you are so arrogant that you consider yourself more and better informed than te authors of Dictionarys and other Reference Books.:|

Is that the case?:o

IT IS, isn't it?:o

Just kidding!:D We know where you stand.:ph34r:

. . . Which brings us to this:
I guess the anger you exude is quite misplaced, Don't Cha Know?
Not to mention the belittling you were attempting . . . umm . . . kinda backfired.

That really sucks.[:/]

And it was going so well.

NOT :P

Then come back and inform us as to how a RELIGION (Islam) has anything to do with governance in partnership with business interests.

Well then, from the definition:

***[Quoted just for Quade - wouldn't want him thinking that someone was taking a short cut around the credits Nazis)

The term Islamofascism is a neologism which draws an analogy between the ideological characteristics of specific Islamist movements from the turn of the twenty-first century on, and a broad range of European fascist movements of the early twentieth century, neofascist movements, or totalitarianism.

If you still have trouble with this subject, tutoring will be available after class and on the weekends for a nominal fee.

Can't you at least come up with something original, not a moron bastard shitheadism from Shrub?

This, boys and girls, is a good example of irony, considering the made up word comments earlier in his tyrade.:D:ph34r:
Shitheadism? Really? Even Amazon comes up with better ones than that, they are even more entertaining.

[French Soldier in Holy Grail]I fart in your general direction![French Soldier]

Have a nice Day:)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

Begin quoted text >>>

Origins of "Islamofascism"
The term "Islamofascism" is included in the New Oxford American Dictionary, which defines it as "a controversial term equating some modern Islamic movements with the European fascist movements of the early twentieth century".[1] The term is used in this manner by writers like Stephen Schwartz[2] and Christopher Hitchens,[3] to describe Islamist extremists, including terrorist groups such as al Qaeda. William Safire makes particular note of Hitchens as a "popularizer" of the word, though Hitchens declines credit for coining it.[4] The terms Islamic fascism and Muslim fascism are also used by the French philosopher Michel Onfray, an outspoken atheist and antireligionist, who notes in his Atheist Manifesto that Ruhollah Khomeini's Islamic Revolution "gave birth to an authentic Muslim fascism".[5]

The origins of the term are uncertain. William Safire writes that the "first use [he] can find" comes from Malise Ruthven in 1990, when Ruthven wrote in The Independent that "authoritarian government, not to say Islamo-fascism, is the rule rather than the exception from Morocco to Pakistan."[6][7] Albert Scardino writes that the term "seems to have appeared first" in a Washington Times piece, in which scholar Khalid Duran used it "as a criticism of hyper-traditionalist clerics."[8] According to the Times, this piece appeared in July 2001.[9]

<<< End quoted text

Fancy sounding word, invented by stupid white folks to demonize theose nasty muslims that "threaten our way of life".

It is a bastard construct of a word popularized by Shrub.

Smart folks discount the word as idiocy, and those that use it are considered idiots.

You scaredycat dumbshits would be funny, if you weren't so stupid and easily led, which makes y'all really scary.

So how many more of the IslamoBashists are going to come out to play in SC this week??? I mean a search shows a hel of a lot of threads with the same theme.
I mean come on guys... you do realize that American Muslims are all around the country..... and OMFG... they are Americans too regardless of what so many wish to believe and a lot of them have actually served America in our armed forces, unlike so many of the RAH RAH GO War mongers who can't be bothered on the fringe right

So how many more of the IslamoBashists are going to come out to play in SC this week??? I mean a search shows a hel of a lot of threads with the same theme.
I mean come on guys... you do realize that American Muslims are all around the country..... and OMFG... they are Americans too regardless of what so many wish to believe and a lot of them have actually served America in our armed forces, unlike so many of the RAH RAH GO War mongers who can't be bothered on the fringe right

The problem with your analysis is that this thread was started to see what is worse - the fear of islam or the politics of islam.

no one seems to be able to see past the knee jerk reaction of - Oh - look - another islam hating thread -

it's a valid question.

Which is going to be more detrimental . . . it's an easy question for me to answer - its the phobia.

The phobia will keep reason and tollerance from blooming.

Now -= back to your standard Bush's fault singlemindedness.

The problem with your analysis is that this thread was started to see what is worse - the fear of islam or the politics of islam.

no one seems to be able to see past the knee jerk reaction of - Oh - look - another islam hating thread -

it's a valid question.

Which is going to be more detrimental . . . it's an easy question for me to answer - its the phobia.

Is it just me or does sound like a steaming pile of BULLSHIT...:S:S:S

I mean I thought this is how you are fostering reason and tolerance in another thread.

There is no need to be petty. A pork processing plant, and a BBQ restaurant should more than suffice. Across the street you could have a Piggly Wiggly.

If they can put a bar there, fine, but at least in this area, you have to be so far away from a religious establishment., and vice versa.

it's a valid question.

Is it just me or does sound like a steaming pile of BULLSHIT...:S:S:S

I mean I thought this is how you are fostering reason and tolerance in another thread.

There is no need to be petty. A pork processing plant, and a BBQ restaurant should more than suffice. Across the street you could have a Piggly Wiggly.

If they can put a bar there, fine, but at least in this area, you have to be so far away from a religious establishment., and vice versa.

Uh huh.:S

Piggly wiggly didn't give it away for you, huh?:D

Sorry, I tend to take people at the words they have written.

Should we take you for the words that you have written?

As I. and many others. have yours[:/]
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Trust me you dont want to hear the words I would LIKE to write to the delusional fringe right around here since those are the only things that seem to make any headway towards getting them to rub a couple brain cells together

Trust me you dont want to hear the words I would LIKE to write to the delusional fringe right around here since those are the only things that seem to make any headway towards getting them to rub a couple brain cells together

You should work on the left before devoting time to the right. It's good strategy to start with the hardest task first.

You should work on the left before devoting time to the right. It's good strategy to start with the hardest task first.

I have...I guess you missed that huh. The would be anarchist who shows up not to mention the whole twilight zone conspiracy theorist.

But the Party of NO.. has far more adherents here who are just as completely whacked.