dgskydive

WHy is someone that doesnt agree with or trust Islam labeled a racist?

That has not been my impression of them by any means.

I edited my post to add "May behind close doors."
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

>Just because you haven't seen it, doesn't mean it never happens.

Of course. Nevertheless, the statement that you can't ask Muslim women how they feel because "they will stone her to death" is inaccurate.

Overstated, perhaps...inaccurate? No.

Inaccurate, yes. Ask a muslim woman near you about her religion. Wait at a safe distance to see if she gets stoned. It wont happen.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

>Overstated, perhaps...inaccurate? No.

It is inaccurate. I have asked Muslim women how they were doing, and they have given me their opinions on a wide variety of topics. They're still alive. Thus claiming that they will be stoned to death is inaccurate.

If you wanted to modify that to say "some women were killed for speaking their mind" then that would be indeed be accurate. For example, here in the US, about 1500 women are killed by their husbands or boyfriends every year.

Of course, most of the killers there were Christian.

Of course. Nevertheless, the statement that you can't ask Muslim women how they feel because "they will stone her to death" is inaccurate.

Inaccurate, yes. Ask a muslim woman near you about her religion. Wait at a safe distance to see if she gets stoned. It wont happen.

Glad you're such the expert, jakee, that you can say no Muslim woman has ever been stoned for talking to a non-Muslim.

I mean, that type of thing never happens, right?
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

It is inaccurate. I have asked Muslim women how they were doing, and they have given me their opinions on a wide variety of topics. They're still alive. Thus claiming that they will be stoned to death is inaccurate.

And what you've seen in the US doesn't necessarily hold true for the rest of the world.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

And what you've seen in the US doesn't necessarily hold true for the rest of the world.

Notice he didn't challenge you to go out to your closest muslim woman and strike up a conversation like he did for the people here in the US.;)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

>And what you've seen in the US doesn't necessarily hold true for the rest of
>the world.

Exactly! Which is why it's a mistake to generalize _any_ religious group based on the actions of people in other countries.

That doesn't make him wrong. Honor killings are, unfortunately, not as uncommon as many people think.

Just a couple years ago, a Saudi woman was executed for talking to a man on Facebook.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Glad you're such the expert, jakee, that you can say no Muslim woman has ever been stoned for talking to a non-Muslim.

No, it's the other way around. he said you can't ask one because she will be stoned.

He. Is. Wrong.

Take this statement, for example: Ask a Christian child what it thinks about witches, oh wait, you can't because its parents will torture it to death.

Inaccurate, or just overstated?

>That doesn't make him wrong.

Yes, it does. Here's what he said:

=====
Islam likes to strip that, from even believers. Just ask a female Muslim. Oh wait... you cant. They will stone her to death.
=====

Let's translate that to something you may be more familiar with:

====
Skydiving is deadly, no matter how safe you try to be. Just ask any skydiver. Oh wait - you can't. Skydiving kills them.
====

Is that an accurate statement?

>Just a couple years ago, a Saudi woman was executed for talking to a
>man on Facebook.

This game again! I'll see your one and raise you three:

Jody Lusk, Kentucky preacher, was found guilty of having sex with a 13 year old. He blamed Satan.

Matt Baker, Texas preacher, was found guilty of the premeditated murder of his wife. He did it so he could spend more time with his mistress.

Tracy Bernard Burleson, pastor of a church in Texas, shot his wife from behind to silence her. She had been on his case ever since she caught him with another woman.

Three Christian leaders, all vile criminals. Does that mean that the religion they lead is a religion of murderers and pedophiles? Or are they just plain ol' criminals, their religion irrelevant?

>Oh, spare me - you've done nothing BUT 'word game' this whole thread.

Right. This from the guy who just spent several posts arguing over the meaning of "they will stone her to death."

I'll take your accusation of "playing a game" as a compliment. From your posts in this thread alone, it is one of your most practiced skills, faux outrage notwithstanding.

>Oh, spare me - you've done nothing BUT 'word game' this whole thread.

Right. This from the guy who just spent several posts arguing over the meaning of "they will stone her to death."

As opposed to the guy that thinks that honor killings are some sort of game.

That's the thing about having lived in Muslim countries for the last 10 years - unlike you, I realized that he wasn't just talking about the US.

I'll take your accusation of "playing a game" as a compliment.

Doesn't surprise me in the least - everyone likes to be complimented on their greatest strength.

From your posts in this thread alone, it is one of your most practiced skills, faux outrage notwithstanding.

I'm just trying to get up to your level, Bill.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

(though I think they all enjoy a few too many priviledges, expecially here in the UK) just because they're Islamic.

Really? Such as?
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Muslims even hate each other. Sunni and Shia, for example. And within those splits, there are other divisions, like the Hazara and Hanafi. Throw any of 'em together in the same place and they want to kill each other. Especially if the muslims are "outsiders", say muslims from Pakistan or Chechnya, in Afghanistan. The Taliban and Al Queda regularly massacred whole villages of sects that they don't like, and anyone who wasn't killed was raped, had a hand cut off, or was forced to fight with them.

It's ironic that we have people vehemently supporting things like the right of gays to marry, and also the religious freedom of muslims in America. Even though some of those muslim sects treat women as nothing more than the personal property of their husbands or fathers, to be abused and oppressed as they see fit. It's kind of contradictory, if you ask me. If you support human rights, then you should condemn the practices of the traditional muslim faiths.

Somehow it makes them feel good to speak out in favor of religions which conduct human rights abuses. While at the same time calling those of us who condemn those practices, "racists".
Go figure.

Wow, thats a whole lot of agendas you've brought up there John. Not all of which are down to religion, there is also Nationalism and regional culture that are at play and some of the things you ascribe to Islam are down to Nationalism and regional traditions, politics and culture rather than Islam itself. Of course Nationalism, Politics, Regional traditions and culture have bred violence, intolerance and hatred in people of all religions.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

in their culture.

There is no one Islamic culture, if you go to Turkey which although a secular state is a Muslim country and then go to Saudi Arabia and then on to the Maldives you will find very little if anything in common with the culture. If you travelled and worked in oppressive despotic regimes like Suadi Arabia then it comes as no suprise that you have a negative view of what you see as 'Islamic' culture.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

I wasn't aware that Islam was a race. It is a religion that has many races practicing it right? So how can someone that doesn't trust Islam be a racist? Some people on here have been saying that if you are against Islam you are against brown people and are a racist.

Why does the American Left demand separation of church and state when it is Christian but embraces Islam?
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

(though I think they all enjoy a few too many priviledges, expecially here in the UK) just because they're Islamic.

Really? Such as?

Government funded faith schools, mainly. It's a fucking disgrace.

The automatic assumption (especially by that twat Rowan Williams) that they deserve influential posts on government advisory panels on any subject that they deem to connected with public morality because they purport to represent the opinions of every single person who's ever ticked their particular box on a census.

Stuff like that.

Why does the American Left demand separation of church and state when it is Christian but embraces Islam?

When has anyone from the American Left embraced state support of Islam?

Saying people should be allowed to worship as they wish is not promoting state supported religion.

- Dan G

I wasn't aware that Islam was a race. It is a religion that has many races practicing it right? So how can someone that doesn't trust Islam be a racist? Some people on here have been saying that if you are against Islam you are against brown people and are a racist.

Because that's your imagination.

Muslims even hate each other. Sunni and Shia, for example.

Rather like Catholics and Protestants all over Europe some 500 years ago.

And the Edict of Fontainebleau (October 1685)

And the expulsion of Protestants from Salzburg (1731)

And of course, in your lifetime, in Ireland.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.