billvon

Evolution, global warming . . . now relativity

Hot on the heels of conservatives denying evolution and global warming, we have the latest salvo fired against a liberal science target - that confusing and depressing theory of relativity, scourge of conservative schoolchildren everywhere. Excerpted from Conservapedia, the Trustworthy Encyclopedia (tm) -

=======================
The theory of relativity is a mathematical system that allows no exceptions. It is heavily promoted by liberals who like its encouragement of relativism and its tendency to mislead people in how they view the world. Here is a list of 24 counterexamples: any one of them shows that the theory is incorrect.

- The discontinuity in momentum as velocity approaches "c" for infinitesimal mass, compared to the momentum of light.

- The logical problem of a force which is applied at a right angle to the velocity of a relativistic mass - does this act on the rest mass or the relativistic mass?

- The universe shortly after its creation, when quantum effects dominated and contradicted Relativity.

. . . .

- The action-at-a-distance of quantum entanglement.

- The action-at-a-distance by Jesus, described in John 4:46-54.
=======================

Up next - the grassroots effort by the Tea Partyers to repeal the Second Law of Thermodynamics, which is used by secular humanists and activist judges to depress and confuse children throughout the world.

Link please? I have GOT to read this drivel.

Edited to add

Found it;
http://www.conservapedia.com/Relativity

You beat me to it (Google had it up as the first suggestion after I got to "conser"). This quote is one I found rather amusing.

"Some liberal politicians have extrapolated the theory of relativity to metaphorically justify their own political agendas. For example, Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama helped publish an article by liberal law professor Laurence Tribe to apply the relativistic concept of "curvature of space" to promote a broad legal right to abortion.[45] As of June 2008, over 170 law review articles have cited this liberal application of the theory of relativity to legal arguments.[46] Applications of the theory of relativity to change morality have also been common.[47] Moreover, there is an unmistakable effort to censor or ostracize criticism of relativity"
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

It's a good job we allow immigration. If we relied on US educated folks from red states to carry us through the 21st Century we'd be sunk.

I wonder what the conservatives make of quantum mechanics? Oh - found it. Quantum mechanics requires the existence of a soul.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

It's a good job we allow immigration. If we relied on US educated folks from red states to carry us through the 21st Century we'd be sunk.

I wonder what the conservatives make of quantum mechanics? Oh - found it. Quantum mechanics requires the existence of a soul.

You should go back and read what Carl Segan had written about souls and quantum Mech.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

You should go back and read what Carl Segan had written about souls and quantum Mech.

Indeed - Sagan exhorted us to be sceptical thinkers.:P

I agree, but he also was of the mind set that there might just be design behind it all. He mentioned that there were just too many variables to fathom that they all had to be in exactly the right place at the right time for it all to work.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

I agree, but he also was of the mind set that there might just be design behind it all. He mentioned that there were just too many variables to fathom that they all had to be in exactly the right place at the right time for it all to work.

He also pointed out very forcefully that although he had an open mind, in the absence of any evidence whatsoever, he was not convinced.

He also pointed out very forcefully that although he had an open mind, in the absence of any evidence whatsoever, he was not convinced.

It's th open mind that should be paid more attention to on both sides.:)

My relatives live in a red state and I wouldn't vote for ANY of them...open minded or not.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

My relatives live in a red state and I wouldn't vote for ANY of them...open minded or not.

Amen to that.

I can only take visiting them for a few days every few years.

It like going to a third world country and observing the interesing rituals in a tribal society.

What a bunch of fuckin' luddites. I swear we're going back to the stone age.

No. These idiots have always been out there. They just have a better way of getting their message out now that there is an internet.

The same point was made in the 9/11 truther thread recently.

Some of them are so convinced that evolution doesn't happen. I gotta admit that many of them seem to prove that Darwin was wrong.:P
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

No. These idiots have always been out there. They just have a better way of getting their message out now that there is an internet.

The same point was made in the 9/11 truther thread recently.

Some of them are so convinced that evolution doesn't happen. I gotta admit that many of them seem to prove that Darwin was wrong.:P

They may very well prove devolution.:ph34r:

Ironic, ain't it? Using technology to get the message out that technology will be our downfall.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Ironic, ain't it? Using technology to get the message out that technology will be our downfall.

The Jihadis are the same way. Technology is "un-islamic", except where it serves their ends.

mh
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

Hot on the heels of conservatives denying evolution and global warming,

How about the complete destruction of 3 steel framed structures 9 years ago today.

You seem quite happy to ignore Newton's laws of motion;

in particular his third.

The mutual forces of action and reaction between two bodies are equal, opposite and collinear. This means that whenever a first body exerts a force F on a second body, the second body exerts a force −F on the first body. F and −F are equal in magnitude and opposite in direction. This law is sometimes referred to as the action-reaction law, with F called the "action" and −F the "reaction".

Bearing this law in mind, would render the comlete destruction of at least the two main towers by the reason you seem to quite happy with; impossible.

let along the abundance of discovered incendiaries and their reminents of them that you are quite willing to ignore.

The equal and opposite force would have disintergrated the upper, portion of the buliding before they could get anywhere near the ground.

I am with you 100% with the basis of this thread but I find it quite hypocritical that you can openly ignore such well know theory, while ridiculing others for doing the same.

You are more intellegent than that. It is about time you were honest with yourself.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

How about the complete destruction of 3 steel framed structures 9 years ago today.

You seem quite happy to ignore Newton's laws of motion;

in particular his third.

The collapse of the Towers contravenes Newtons third law of motion in the same way that evolution contravenes the second law of thermodynamics.

That is to say, they don't, but it's an impressive sounding argument to use on the ignorant.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Are you saying the buildings went up or something?

The collapses were veritable demonstrations of the laws of motion.

I am not going to hijack your thread, but I KNOW you know exactly what I am talking about.

Unpecedented occuarance palmed of as expected occurances is pure lies.

I'll leve you to it.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix