BIGUN

Six Months to Go Until The Largest Tax Hikes in History

Regardless of all thebantering about who is more at fault. I think, and have been stating such here, that there is no other optioni for the US to raise taxes if they want to emerge from their current dire situation.

They will also have to try and curtail spending, though history has shown most countries to be unable to do so.

I predict this just to be the start of increased taxes and fees. You can only run up the debt for so long until you actually have to start paying it off.

Try telling that to the fucking RETARDS who want MORE fucking tax cuts.

At some point SOMEONE has to pay the bills.. I guess the current crop of CONSERVETURDS can't seem to figure that out nasty little fact out in the Party of FAKE Fiscal Responsibilty.

I swear to GOD the fucktards want someone ELSE to pay for all the things they EXPECT.. like the TEA PARTY ASSCLOWNS.... who want to cut entitlements... till someone points out that THEY are recieving entitlements:S:S:S:S

This is a George Bush tax hike. It was on his watch that the legislature passed and he signed the bill that put the tax cuts into effect and also dictated that they would be temporary. If Bush and his compatriots had the political will they could have made them permanent. They did not because they did not want to be honest about the tax cuts effect on the deficit long range. So, here we are....

Well that is a nice spin
And I know you believe it

I do believe it. I am an independent (libertarian leaning). Any pretense the republicans have to fiscal sanity, discipline, or cutting spending have gone out the window long ago. At this point the republicans are the party of corporate kleptocracy.

Tell me what is incorrect on this? Bush wanted the tax cuts but had to make them temporary to get them passed, otherwise legislatures would have balked at the effect on the deficit.

Tax cuts are not the issue
(gov revenues have went up after all tax cuts after a period of time)
Spending is
Both parties share the blame IMO

Government revenues go up naturally. The population increases. Inflation. The issue is whether real (adjusted) revenues went up.

Three times is enemy action

Unless spending is cut first, all this will do is be used to justify more gov't spending and may end up costing even more.

Ex: $X billion in extra revenue from these tax increases going towards $X + Y billion in new and expanded programs.

The attitude and philosophy really need to change before it can be effective.
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

SPENDING is still the biggest issue

Spending isn't an issue, spending more than you make is an issue.

The problem isn't every politicians pet project. The problem is that they get implemented without any regard and provision for what it is going to cost.

Because there is no correlation or accountability and it's not viewed as "their" money.

Take your pick
http://www.heritage.org/Research/Reports/2010/06/The-Three-Biggest-Myths-About-Tax-Cuts-and-the-Budget-Deficit

This one is more of an interesting discussion
http://www.brendan-nyhan.com/blog/2010/05/national-review-debunks.html

This one is just for Lucky
http://old.nationalreview.com/reagan/roberts200406101413.asp

Look through these where you will find arguments for both sides but, compare the words on one side against the data on the other

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&as_qdr=all&q=us+record+tax+revenues&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Democrats= Tax, spend, redistribute wealth, print money or borrow (= inflation),accelerate debt, ignore illegal (not undocumented) immigration, avoid meaningful energy policy, impose stifling regulation.

Republican= Tax, spend, redistribute wealth, print money or borrow (=inflation), accelerate debt, ignore illegal (not undocumented) immigration, avoid meaningful energy policy, impose stifling regulation

Really folks, what's the difference? Many of us have been fooled into thinking we have a two party system. I see very little difference Our elected leaders are beholden to special interests and big money. For most of them, their primary concern is protecting their power and wealth. The few that would like to do the right thing, create and vote for bad legislation in an effort to bring dollars back to their districts that shouldn't have been sent to Washington in the first place.

Solution: Limit the Federal Government to the original functions enumerated in the constituion.

Abolish the Federal Reserve.

Make it illegal for any of our elected leaders to accept any compensation other than their salary.

Solution: Limit the Federal Government to the original functions enumerated in the constituion.

Abolish the Federal Reserve.

Make it illegal for any of our elected leaders to accept any compensation other than their salary.

Nicely stated
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Because there is no correlation or accountability and it's not viewed as "their" money.

IMO, until a balanced budget constitutional amendment is passed and/or the government is forced to do zero-based budgeting, rather than the current incremental budgeting methodology the problem and party accusations will continue.

Even while in the military, each year, there was a mad dash to spend money by October 1st "so we don't lose our budget funding for next year!" Silliness.

While there are stated advantages to incremental budgeting, the disadvantages outweigh the advantages:

Disadvantages of incremental budgeting

1. Assumes activities and methods of working will continue in the same way.
2. No incentive for developing new ideas.
3. No incentive to reduce costs.
4. Encourages spending up to the budget so that the budget is maintained next year.
5. The budget may become out-of-date and no longer relate to the level of activity or type of work being carried out.
6. The priority for resources may have changed since the budgets were originally set.
7. There may be budgetary slack built into the budget, which is never reviewed. Managers might have overestimated their requirements in the past in order to obtain a budget which is easier to work within and which will allow them to achieve favorable results.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zero-based_budgeting

Seriously, has anyone ever even seen the US Government's Organizational Chart and the number of redundant activities compounded with the OrgCharts of State Agencies and divisions? http://www.usa.gov/Agencies/Federal/All_Agencies/index.shtml

If I ran for President, it would be on the platform of re-organizing, downsizing and eliminating government agencies. Of course, I would lose because so many people work for federal or State agencies and no one working there would want to hear the term, "downsizing."
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

One of the often-overlooked advantages of libertarianism is that it reduces the amount of corruption and the influence of money in government. After all, who wants to influence and corrupt a central state that does not reward them by favorable legal treatment or contracts.
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"

This is a George Bush tax hike. It was on his watch that the legislature passed and he signed the bill that put the tax cuts into effect and also dictated that they would be temporary. If Bush and his compatriots had the political will they could have made them permanent. They did not because they did not want to be honest about the tax cuts effect on the deficit long range. So, here we are....

Well that is a nice spin

I do believe it. I am an independent (libertarian leaning). Any pretense the republicans have to fiscal sanity, discipline, or cutting spending have gone out the window long ago. At this point the republicans are the party of corporate kleptocracy.

Tell me what is incorrect on this? Bush wanted the tax cuts but had to make them temporary to get them passed, otherwise legislatures would have balked at the effect on the deficit.

Spending is

Government revenues go up naturally. The population increases. Inflation. The issue is whether real (adjusted) revenues went up.

Incorrect. Revenues are down, despite a growing population and growing available workforce.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

One of the often-overlooked advantages of libertarianism is that it reduces the amount of corruption and the influence of money in government.

In theory. But in practical reality, that fails to account for a key variable, and it's the 900 lb gorilla in the room: human nature. Libertarianism won't have true power until it starts getting plenty of Libertarian politicians elected to office. Those Libertarian politicians will be no less human than anyone else. They WANT to get elected, and they will WANT to exert power and influence while in office, they will WANT to get re-elected, and all of that requires HUGE amounts of money. That will subject them to corruption and the influence of money in government; and with all due respect, anyone who thinks Libertarians will be less susceptible to that than others is being a bit naive.

One of the often-overlooked advantages of libertarianism is that it reduces the amount of corruption and the influence of money in government.

In theory. But in practical reality, that fails to account for a key variable, and it's the 900 lb gorilla in the room: human nature. Libertarianism won't have true power until it starts getting plenty of Libertarian politicians elected to office. Those Libertarian politicians will be no less human than anyone else. They WANT to get elected, and they will WANT to exert power and influence while in office, they will WANT to get re-elected, and all of that requires HUGE amounts of money. That will subject them to corruption and the influence of money in government; and with all due respect, anyone who thinks Libertarians will be less susceptible to that than others is being a bit naive.

Unless once the Libertarians get in and start continuously exposing the corruption and work to plug the loopholes that allow it to occur. That would cause the amounts of $$$ it takes to get elected/reelected to drop sharply.

Once the federal stimulus money starts drying up, we may start seeing corporations and other special interest groups backing Libertarian candidates. As long as the philosophy of the corporation/group is limited gov't intervention, it will simple be a synergy and not a conflict of interest like so many today.

Unless once the Libertarians get in and start continuously exposing the corruption and work to plug the loopholes that allow it to occur. That would cause the amounts of $$$ it takes to get elected/reelected to drop sharply.

Never
ever
happen.

The commies have convincingly proven Andy's stance to be correct.

Did you read those articles?

Your first link shows that the Bush tax cuts were responsible for 14% of the deficit increase.

Your second link includes:
"There is no evidence that the tax cuts on net produced more revenue than the Treasury would have realized without them. That claim could be true — if we were to credit most or all of the economic growth during the period in question to tax cuts, but that is an awfully big claim, one that no serious economist would be likely to entertain. It’s a just-so story, a bedtime fairy tale Republicans tell themselves to shake off fear of the deficit bogeyman. It’s whistling past the fiscal graveyard. But this kind of talk is distressingly unremarkable in Republican political circles."

Nothing you linked showed that real revenues increased after inflation and population growth were taken into account.

Well that is a nice spin

Spending is

Revenues are down, despite a growing population and growing available workforce.

So rushmc was wrong, then. The tax cuts didn't increase govt. revenues. There goes that argument.

Three times is enemy action

Nothing you linked showed that real revenues increased after inflation and population growth were taken into account.

Since you (like kallend) mention this, I'm sure that you have the countervailing information to prove that false?

I'm also sure that your information will show the increase of the number of TAXPAYERS and not the overall population increase, of course.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Regardless of all thebantering about who is more at fault. I think, and have been stating such here, that there is no other optioni for the US to raise taxes if they want to emerge from their current dire situation.

They will also have to try and curtail spending, though history has shown most countries to be unable to do so.

I predict this just to be the start of increased taxes and fees. You can only run up the debt for so long until you actually have to start paying it off.

At some point SOMEONE has to pay the bills.. I guess the current crop of CONSERVETURDS can't seem to figure that out nasty little fact out in the Party of FAKE Fiscal Responsibilty.

I swear to GOD the fucktards want someone ELSE to pay for all the things they EXPECT.. like the TEA PARTY ASSCLOWNS.... who want to cut entitlements... till someone points out that THEY are recieving entitlements:S:S:S:S

Calm down how the hell do you get away with all the PA? IE fucking retards, assclowns, fucktards, etc its obvious you are always using this directed towards the republican posters[:/]

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

Calm down how the hell do you get away with all the PA? IE fucking retards, assclowns, fucktards, etc its obvious you are always using this directed towards the republican posters[:/]

The GROUP of ASSCLOWNS that put this "agenda" out are just another SHILL group for rePUBIClown politics as usual.... look up their tie ins with "K street" and Jack Abramoff

So.. more tax cuts... yeah thats the ticket... lets bury the fucking country in perpetual debt:S:S:S:S:S:S

It’s a just-so story, a bedtime fairy tale Republicans tell themselves to shake off fear of the deficit bogeyman. It’s whistling past the fiscal graveyard. But this kind of talk is distressingly unremarkable in Republican political circles."

Here ya go... knock yourself out.

http://www.usgovernmentspending.com/charts
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

It’s a just-so story, a bedtime fairy tale Republicans tell themselves to shake off fear of the deficit bogeyman. It’s whistling past the fiscal graveyard. But this kind of talk is distressingly unremarkable in Republican political circles."

Here ya go... knock yourself out.

http://www.usgovernmentspending.com/charts

That doesn't show gov revenues increasing following the tax cuts after inflation and population growth are taken into account.

Rushmc's own links proved him wrong on that score too. Even the Heritage Foundation admitted that the tax cuts are responsible for 14% of the growth in the deficit. Gawain also told us that revenues are down just a few posts ago.

Since you (like kallend) mention this, I'm sure that you have the countervailing information to prove that false?

I'm also sure that your information will show the increase of the number of TAXPAYERS and not the overall population increase, of course.

According to Gawain, "Revenues are down, despite a growing population and growing available workforce."