Kennedy

Deportation

You judgemental racist assholes that can't tell right from wrong would be in favor of deporting such a person. No consideration for the cruelty and inhumanity such a thing would be. Sending someone back to a country where they knew no one, had no roots or history, and no way to fit back into that society is fine by you sons of bitches. Your kind is EXACTLY what is seriously wrong with the USA. You have no compassion or consideration for extant circumstances. I would suggest that you try to put yourself in that person's shoes. You might learn something.

Pretty sure that qualifies as a personal attack.
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

What should the US government, and by extention Officer VonNovak, do?

He should turn them over to the authorities. In his spare time, he should develop an affordable home seawater desalinization device that anyone can operate in his bathtub.

You judgemental racist assholes that can't tell right from wrong would be in favor of deporting such a person. No consideration for the cruelty and inhumanity such a thing would be. Sending someone back to a country where they knew no one, had no roots or history, and no way to fit back into that society is fine by you sons of bitches. Your kind is EXACTLY what is seriously wrong with the USA. You have no compassion or consideration for extant circumstances. I would suggest that you try to put yourself in that person's shoes. You might learn something.

Pretty sure that qualifies as a personal attack.

No it is a general attack on all of the assholes that think as described in my post.

If your thinking aligns with what is described, you might be offended. I am SO sorry if I hurt your precious feelings...

Tell the 19 year old kid that has been in the USA since they were three, and got deported back to their counrty of birth over a legal technicality how much your feelings are hurt. I am sure they will be sympathetic.

>Who cares for C when the parents are deported?

Excellent question. In most cases it will be a family member, either the original family (because they take the child home) or because there is a related US citizen who wants the child. If not, then yes, the US government might have to pay for their support until an adoptive parent is found. Which is one of the indirect prices of that particular law.

Now, let's say that a US family wants to adopt that child, but it will take a month to process the paperwork. Should the parents be deported before that happens, it if means being able to place the child? That might be an excellent decision, even if it means "letting illegals stay." Which is why good judgment is a better option than inflexible rules.

>By your comments, it is the american people, even though it is
>ONLY the parents responsibility to care for the child.

There are a great many cases where we (as a people, through the government) care for children.

Why make the question harder than it is? In general, if A and B recently crossed a border illegally and gave birth to little citizen C, and then they run into Officer Lanzao, do you think they should be deported or allowed to stay. I'm not asking about a person who was brought over decades ago or any of the other issues you're trying to use to cloud the issue. Where do you stand?

Honestly, I get the impression you voted exactly how you meant to, not with some random blindfolded click.
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

Why make the question harder than it is?

I don't think anyone was making the question harder than it is. But you might be trying to make the question simpler than it is. There is a wide range of illegal immigrants over here - those who were brought as toddlers (or whatever age) who have lived here for years, to those who came over yesterday. And those who are violent criminals to those who are only "criminal" by being here illegally. So I would have to agree that there is no simple answer.

As a country, it seems to me that we have sort of turned a blind eye to the situation, thereby encouraging it. And I think that there are many peaceful illegal immigrants here who truly just want to make better lives for their families, and a large number of American citizens have used that to their advantage. So I don't think simple "deportation" is the answer to the problem. Certainly deportation for those who are criminals beyond their immigration status, and punishment for companies who knowingly hire illegals. But I think that I would be in favor of some sort of amnesty for the non-criminal type, and for making it easier for employers to sponsor immigrants to become legal.

If they are illegals with no criminal record anywhere, then send them back.

If they are illegals with a criminal history or outstanding warrants, then process them, prove they're guilty, etc, and take them for a plane ride back to their home country, preferably in a tail-gate aircraft, only take a slight detour over the Gulf of Mexico or Gulf of California and shove them off the tailgate. They won't be a problem ever again. :|

What if the illegal was apprehended after, say, rescuing a child from drowning in a swimming pool? Or if a good Samaritan illegal had a gun (for self defense, of course) and used it to stop a robbery in progress? Or if the illegal good Samaritan pulled an unconscious woman from her crashed and burning car and was then detained by the responding cops?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

What if the illegal was apprehended after,.....

Throw them a ticker tape parade all the way back to the border

So illegal is illegal regardless of whether they have done a heroic deed for the benefit of US citizens?

So illegal is illegal regardless of whether they have done a heroic deed for the benefit of US citizens?

Of course they are still an illegal. What are you smoking and why do you continue to not want to share your drugs with everyone else?

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Of course they are still an illegal. What are you smoking and why do you continue to not want to share your drugs with everyone else?

And they should be deported?

Yes
They are criminal first

If you support the crap you posted earlier then you would support the following.

A citizen steels your wallet. You have a $100 bucks in it. They spend $40 of it just before they stop a rape. Then they get caught for steeling your wallet. The cops know that this person stopped a crime to they let them go and give you your wallet back minus the $40.

Good to go ?
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Why not? They broke the law.

Well, law isn't as important as FEELINGS, we should play favorites and just enforce the law when it makes some people feel good.

Yeah, that'll reduce corruption, too.

hope that helps

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Yep
You are only as strong as the prey you devour

Yep
You are only as strong as the prey you devour

So being a good Samaritan is no defense against breaking a different law?

To answer YOUR question

You are responsible for you own actions.
Crime = time
Actions = consequence
Being a Good Samaritan does not erase ones transgressions
Abraham Lincoln

Will not answer will you
Just like normal[:/]

I'm not smoking anything, if that is the question I've not answered. I thought it was not really meant as a serious question.

Will not answer will you
Just like normal[:/]

I'm not smoking anything, if that is the question I've not answered. I though it was not really meant as a serious question.

I never said you were smoking anything did I?

Confused yet again because of the complications caused by trying to sly?:D
Abraham Lincoln