skyrider

Ticket Please

If you had tickets to a sports event, concert, Disneyland , or on an
airplane, and when you got to your assigned seat, and someone else was in that seat, what would you do? You would call for a person in charge of ticket checking and have the person in your seat removed. You would be properly asked to show your ticket, and you would gladly and proudly do so, for you have bought and paid for that seat. The person in your seat would also be asked for a ticket, and they would not be able to produce one. They would be called "gate crashers" and they would be properly removed.

Now in this huge stadium called the USA we have had millions of gate crashers. We have been asking security to check for tickets and remove the gate crashers. We have been asking security to have better controls in checking at the door. We have asked security to lock the back doors. Security has failed us. They are still looking the other way. They are afraid to ask to see the tickets. Many people say there is unlimited seating, and whether there is or not, no one should be allowed in for free while the rest of us pay full price!

In section AZ, of Stadium USA , we have had enough of the failures of Security. We have decided to do our own ticket checking, and properly remove those who do not have tickets. Now it seems very strange to me that so many people in the other 49 sections, and even many in our own section do not want tickets checked, or even be asked to show their ticket! Even the head of Security is chastising us, while not doing his own job which he has sworn to do.

My own ticket has been bought and paid for so I am going to proudly
show it when asked to do so. I have a right to my seat, and I want the gate crashers to be asked to show their tickets too. The only reason that I can imagine anyone objecting to being asked for their ticket is that they are in favor of gate crashing, and all of the illegal
activities that go with it. Such as drug smuggling, gang wars, murder, human smuggling for profit, and many more illegal and inhumane acts that we are trying to prevent with our new legislation. Is that what I am hearing from all of the protesters such as Phoenix Mayor Gordon, US Rep. Grijalva, even President Obama? If you are not in favor of showing tickets,(proof of citizenship, passport, green card, or other legal document) when asked, as I would proudly do, then you must be condoning those illegal activities.

Tom Moody
United States citizen
Globe Arizona

>If you had tickets to a sports event, concert, Disneyland , or on an
>airplane, and when you got to your assigned seat, and someone else was
>in that seat, what would you do?

I'd ask them to move. If they did, I'd be fine with that - whether or not they had a ticket.

If you had tickets to a sports event, concert, Disneyland , or on an
airplane, and when you got to your assigned seat, and someone else was in that seat, what would you do? You would call for a person in charge of ticket checking and have the person in your seat removed. You would be properly asked to show your ticket, and you would gladly and proudly do so, for you have bought and paid for that seat. The person in your seat would also be asked for a ticket, and they would not be able to produce one. They would be called "gate crashers" and they would be properly removed.

Now in this huge stadium called the USA we have had millions of gate crashers. We have been asking security to check for tickets and remove the gate crashers. We have been asking security to have better controls in checking at the door. We have asked security to lock the back doors. Security has failed us. They are still looking the other way. They are afraid to ask to see the tickets. Many people say there is unlimited seating, and whether there is or not, no one should be allowed in for free while the rest of us pay full price!

In section AZ, of Stadium USA , we have had enough of the failures of Security. We have decided to do our own ticket checking, and properly remove those who do not have tickets. Now it seems very strange to me that so many people in the other 49 sections, and even many in our own section do not want tickets checked, or even be asked to show their ticket! Even the head of Security is chastising us, while not doing his own job which he has sworn to do.

My own ticket has been bought and paid for so I am going to proudly
show it when asked to do so.
I have a right to my seat, and I want the gate crashers to be asked to show their tickets too. The only reason that I can imagine anyone objecting to being asked for their ticket is that they are in favor of gate crashing, and all of the illegal
activities that go with it. Such as drug smuggling, gang wars, murder, human smuggling for profit, and many more illegal and inhumane acts that we are trying to prevent with our new legislation. Is that what I am hearing from all of the protesters such as Phoenix Mayor Gordon, US Rep. Grijalva, even President Obama? If you are not in favor of showing tickets,(proof of citizenship, passport, green card, or other legal document) when asked, as I would proudly do, then you must be condoning those illegal activities.

Tom Moody
United States citizen
Globe Arizona

HOLY FUCK.. he was born in that seat?????

>If you had tickets to a sports event, concert, Disneyland , or on an
>airplane, and when you got to your assigned seat, and someone else was
>in that seat, what would you do?

I'd ask them to move. If they did, I'd be fine with that - whether or not they had a ticket.

Let me get this straight. You paid for your ticket but they snuck in the back way and you're good with that? Explains alot. We've become afraid to stand up and say no...that doesn't work for me.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

>You paid for your ticket but they snuck in the back way and you're good
>with that?

No, you didn't ask that. You asked what I would do. I would ask them to move. That doesn't mean I condone sneaking into a theater, deception or other illegal activities.

Let's reverse the question. You get to your sons little league game and see a bunch of guys lying in the bleachers. They did not pay for them, do not have a ticket, and indeed do not work at all. Indeed, as far as you can tell, they were born there; they've never moved. There is no room for you or other parents. You ask them to leave and the cops tell them "sorry, but YOU have to leave, you are now exceeding the occupancy limit of the park."

You OK with that?

>with that?

No, you didn't ask that. You asked what I would do. I would ask them to move. That doesn't mean I condone sneaking into a theater, deception or other illegal activities.

Let's reverse the question. You get to your sons little league game and see a bunch of guys lying in the bleachers. They did not pay for them, do not have a ticket, and indeed do not work at all. Indeed, as far as you can tell, they were born there; they've never moved. There is no room for you or other parents. You ask them to leave and the cops tell them "sorry, but YOU have to leave, you are now exceeding the occupancy limit of the park."

You OK with that?

What if you go to a grocery store and see a guy in line with 14 items ina 12 items or less lane? Do you get the guys off the bleachers?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

>with that?

You OK with that?

That is what is happening now, the citizens are the ones that have to leave and I do see a problem with that.

The cops go to a baseball game. They walk through the bleachers, asking all of the brownish, spicky-lookin' hombres to prove that they're sitting in the correct seat that's marked on their ticket. But they leave everyone else alone, including all the pink, blotchy drunk assholes who look as Irish as Paddy's pig and are throwing beer all over everyone. "Hey," someone asks them, "Howcum you cops are only checking the Hispanic-looking dudes?" With remarkable candor, the cop answers, "This is Arizona."

First: You didn't pay for your ticket, it was a freebie.

Second: Those with free tickets didn't have a choice of whether or not to come into the stadium and subject themselves to checks.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

The cops go to a baseball game. They walk through the bleachers, asking all of the brownish, spicky-lookin' hombres to prove that they're sitting in the correct seat that's marked on their ticket. But they leave everyone else alone, including all the pink, blotchy drunk assholes who look as Irish as Paddy's pig and are throwing beer all over everyone. "Hey," someone asks them, "Howcum you cops are only checking the Hispanic-looking dudes?" With remarkable candor, the cop answers, "This is Arizona."

I'd complain about the specific cops doing that - not about the cops that are talking to just those that are breaking other stadium rules - I would not complain about the rules put forth by the baseball commission that state the cops absolutely can't do the first thing. Nor would I organize to bankrupt the sport.

I would also buy nachos and a beer.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

>That is what is happening now, the citizens are the ones that have to leave . . .

Uh, no, you missed the point of the examples. The citizens (the guys who were apparently born on the bleachers and have never done a lick of work in their lives) get to stay. The outsiders, the ones who want to bring themselves and their kids into the park to play baseball, aren't allowed in. Sorry, park's full of "citizens."

>That is what is happening now, the citizens are the ones that have to leave . . .

Uh, no, you missed the point of the examples. The citizens (the guys who were apparently born on the bleachers and have never done a lick of work in their lives) get to stay. The outsiders, the ones who want to bring themselves and their kids into the park to play baseball, aren't allowed in. Sorry, park's full of "citizens."

to bad they are laying there without work because the illegals got there job

So because the game is sold out you start a gang, funded by drugs, kill a few people after you sneak in. Seems like there is room now.

OR - you just stay your ass home because the game is sold out.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Really? Not because they are often lazy fucks and wouldn't lower themselves to do the jobs that the 'others' are willing to do?

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Really? Not because they are often lazy fucks and wouldn't lower themselves to do the jobs that the 'others' are willing to do?

or maybe because the jobs do not pay well because they employer does not have to pay a legal wage because of the illegals working for less than min wage.

The citizens (the guys who were apparently born on the bleachers and have never done a lick of work in their lives) get to stay. The outsiders, the ones who want to bring themselves and their kids into the park to play baseball, aren't allowed in. Sorry, park's full of "citizens."

No one is saying you can't come in. We're saying there is a gate over there and in order to gain admission you have to go through the gate. Of course, the ones who don't want to go through the 'gate' are the ones we don't want at the game. There's a reason they have to sneak in over the fence.

Destinations by Roxanne

>So because the game is sold out you start a gang, funded by drugs, kill a
>few people after you sneak in. Seems like there is room now.

>OR - you just stay your ass home because the game is sold out.

Or you just let more people in to the park. (I know, that solution is nowhere near extreme enough for Speaker's Corner, where the only possible solutions involve murder or apathy.)

My own ticket has been bought and paid for

That's where you can stop all this BS ;)

Your ticket is a freebie inheritance, and should really carry no weight in a theater that doesn't recognize other inherited titles.

Meanwhile those without tickets get to clean the theater of (and for) the scraps of popcorn you drop on the floor, while watching the show from the walkways. Some will earn their seats eventually, to the bitching and moaning of the free-pass crowd, and that's as fair as it gets in "all people are equal unless they are mexicans" land.

>to bad they are laying there without work because the illegals got there job

No, because they're lazy and they get a "free pass" by being born in the US. Why should they give up their seats to an outsider just because he wants to play a Little League game with his son?

No, because they're lazy and they get a "free pass" by being born in the US. Why should they give up their seats to an outsider just because he wants to play a Little League game with his son?

you mean why should they give up their seats to someone that is illegal to be there.

>you mean why should they give up their seats to someone that is
>illegal to be there.

Correct. And that dad with his son, wanting to play Little League, are both illegal - because they have exceeded the legal limit of people in the park.

How do we fix that problem? Kids want to play Little League. Dads want to watch. Sure, we could build a bigger fence to keep them out of the park. A better solution might be to build the bigger fence AND find a way to let them in to play Little League, so they can use the park along with the lazy bums who did nothing other than be born there.

Your right Bill...I do get a free pass because I was born here. I don't have to give up my seat. Great men before me died horrible deaths at the hands of people who would like nothing more than deny me my seat. My father fought in a war to insure that I had that right. I'm sure you know people who sacrificed. Before you start disrespecting being an American citizen you ought to stop and think about who it is your talking to.

Destinations by Roxanne

Your right Bill...I do get a free pass because I was born here. I don't have to give up my seat. Great men before me died horrible deaths at the hands of people who would like nothing more than deny me my seat. My father fought in a war to insure that I had that right. I'm sure you know people who sacrificed. Before you start disrespecting being an American citizen you ought to stop and think about who it is your talking to.

Personally,

I think EVERYONE should have to earn their right... not be born with a silver spoon in their mouths... so to speak.

>Before you start disrespecting being an American citizen you ought to
>stop and think about who it is your talking to.

And before you start thinking that being an American citizen is some noble accomplishment attained after a life of hard work, you should look at some of the people who are US citizens.

Jeffery Dahmer? Timothy McVeigh? Syed Hashmi? You are really going to get bent out of shape if someone direspects the citizenship of these people? In my mind these are people who just happened to be born in a certain place. That alone does not give them any more of a right to a seat than Nina Kuebler, or Mick Cottle, or Hannah Betts. Indeed, I think the latter people have far MORE right to a seat than any of the first three.

I was very lucky to be born here. I didn't have to do anything to earn my citizenship. Since then I've tried to repay what the US has given me. I'd like other people to have that opportunity as well, even if they were born 50 miles from me.