base851

Texas Makes The Best BBQ

So let me get this straight, in your mind, if a citizen shoots a cop, they are and must be considered innocent until proven guilty . . . but a cop shoots a citizen, justified or not, it is criminal . . . I conclude this regarding your mindset because - um the article is about the BEGINNING of the trial - not the end.

Cop shot an unarmed man, sitting on his bike. I'm sure you'll find a way to justify that.

Its not up to me to justify it. You already condemned him though.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

You already condemned him though.

That's right I did. I condemn him for shooting an unarmed man in the back. As a matter of fact, I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire.

So much for innocent until proven guilty, eh?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

So much for innocent until proven guilty, eh?

Sure the courts can find him innocent, they found OJ Simpson innocent as well. In my mind OJ Simpson is still guilty. Do you have a problem with that as well?

Civil court did not find him innocent.

>Civil court did not find him innocent.

Nor did they find him guilty of murder (or any other criminal offense.)

No, civil court cannit find you guilty of murder.
Wrongful death, but not murder.

Wow, system worked perfectly then. Specially since the consequences of that guilty finding were just as diffcult to bare as life in jail for OJ.

(Never mind that the rules for evidence and rulings are significantly different between civil and criminal court)

Like I said, you'd find a way to justify a cop shooting an unarmed man in the back.

Wow, system worked perfectly then. Specially since the consequences of that guilty finding were just as diffcult to bare as life in jail for OJ.

(Never mind that the rules for evidence and rulings are significantly different between civil and criminal court)

Like I said, you'd find a way to justify a cop shooting an unarmed man in the back.

Face it... OJ was found Not Guilty ....By Reason of Celebrity.

It reasopn does not seem to work so well outside the LA Basin though.

Obviously none of you know what you are talking about! Come to Brazil, preferably the south, and try some real BBQ.:P

Wow this fucking thread went wack!

And now my opinion on Brazillian women......

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM........good!

That's all I've got to add at this point.

Don't go away mad....just go away!

There is the understatement of the week.:S

I always wonder what all that BBQ sauce is actually hiding... you can hide some pretty nasty shit... if you cook it into submission and then slobber some of the spicy crap all over it.:S:S:S

Obviously none of you know what you are talking about! Come to Brazil, preferably the south, and try some real BBQ.:P

I think the Argentinian's would give you a run for your money on that.... :P
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

/agree on both counts. Them Brazilian chicks have the best of all worlds. :)B|

Here I went trying to start a minor flame war and the pros came in, went all ADHD tangential, and made it into a doozy!

Popcorn anyone?

That's all I've got to add at this point.

No shit, I hadn't checked it for a day and somehow they got from amazing food (in most cases) to shooting cops?

And Brazilian women are overrated

What cities/towns have you been to in the U.S.? And when? (I'm just curious what your opinions of the U.S. are based on.)

I have been to,

LA, Perris, Lodi, sacremento, san fran, Oakland, Orlando, Sabstien, Zhills, Las Vegas and Taho.

These are places I have stayed and I have been to many inbetweenduring transit.

I have also grown up in a world that is heavily influenced by the american media and for this reason myself and much of the world have a good understanding of what america beleives in and how you live your life.

The inverse; releatively you guys don't get much information other than what you media allows you to see about the rest of the world does and how they live thier life.

That is why it interests me for instance why a company such as McDonalds will invest heavily in these stunning Mccafes in virtually every other country other than america itself?

I may be wrong there may be these resturaunts there but beleive me I looked as it is the only american institute that I am aware of that makes a decent Cuppa in a porcelain cup?

Ever other place gives me a cup of hot water and a tea bag and expects not only for me to make it myself, but to give them gratuity as well?:D wankers!

But I suppose Mcdonalds just serves its customers what they demand.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

What cities/towns have you been to in the U.S.? And when? (I'm just curious what your opinions of the U.S. are based on.)

I have been to,

LA, Perris, Lodi, sacremento, san fran, Oakland, Orlando, Sabstien, Zhills, Las Vegas and Taho.

I have also grown up in a world that is heavily influenced by the american media and for this reason myself and much of the world have a good understanding of what america beleives in and how you live your life.

The inverse; releatively you guys don't get much information other than what you media allows you to see about the rest of the world does and how they live thier life.

That is why it interests me for instance why a company such as McDonalds will invest heavily in these stunning Mccafes in virtually every other country other than america itself?

I may be wrong there may be these resturaunts there but beleive me I looked as it is the only american institute that I am aware of that makes a decent Cuppa in a porcelain cup?

Ever other place gives me a cup of hot water and a tea bag and expects not only for me to make it myself, but to give them gratuity as well?:D wankers!

But I suppose Mcdonalds just serves its customers what they demand.

I've been to quite a few parts of the US and in the US cheap food is often very low quality and you can literally smell the chemicals from 1 or 2 feet away BUT if you step away from the chain store types there is some really good quality food around. I enjoyed a huger variety from Dinners, Pizza places, Mexican and fantastic steak houses. Yeah sure in Texas some of the places have names like "Roadkill Cafe" but boy is that possum tender after an 18 wheeler has run over it:D
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

I have been to,

Ah, OK. So you have little actual experience with the U.S., but you think you know everything about it. I get it now.

(And yes, a lot of Americans do eat crap as you suggest, but with 300+ million people here, I can assure you that we're not all alike.)

Total BS.

The McDonald's here has somewhat reinvented itself. Looks more like a Starbucks inside, serves fancy iced coffees, salads, etc. But I still don't go there much, because there are too many better alternatives around here.

Ah, OK. So you have little actual experience with the U.S., but you think you know everything about it. I get it now.

:D

Where have you been around the world? this is about a comparison so you must have something to comapre your country to, you know with first hand experience?

Total BS.
would you care to explain?

The McDonald's here has somewhat reinvented itself. Looks more like a Starbucks inside, serves fancy iced coffees, salads, etc. But I still don't go there much, because there are too many better alternatives around here.

you are avoiding the inevitable, Mcdonalds has not re invented itself by selling ceaser salads tha have more fat than a cheesburger, they have reinvented themselves everywhere else byt the USA as other countries actually care what it is that they ingest, the 'food chains' as you call them here include healthy food.

food chains become 'food chains' by being profitable businesses that people want to reproduce, if healthy food was demanded in the USA then you too would have healthy food available everywhere whenever you wanted it, without going to some obscure venue that you were told about by the vegan friend....

Answer the fucking question; is there a McCafe anywhere in the USA that searves esspresso coffee, freshly baked cakes and sandwhiches and allowes you to sit on real funature and drink and eat from porcelain dishes?

Or do you just get searved in plastic and sit on plastic?

If not why do you think they have done that almost everywhere else?
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

this is about a comparison

It's not about a comparison. You're making statements about things in the U.S. that are incorrect, and, as someone who has a lot more experience with the U.S., I am disagreeing with you.

would you care to explain?

We have access to websites, books, magazines, newspapers, etc., from all over the world. And most of us are even allowed to leave the country to see the rest of the world if we want to. What do you have in New Zealand that makes you so much more informed?

To answer your earlier question, I haven't traveled as much as I'd like to. I've made several trips to Europe and a few trips to Mexico, and I've been all over the U.S. And I'm married to an Aussie, so I hear a lot about Australia, but I haven't been there yet. Anyhow, traveling to and/or hearing about those places is not likely to give me the same kind of knowledge about those places that the folks who live there would have.

Answer the fucking question; is there a McCafe anywhere in the USA that searves esspresso coffee, freshly baked cakes and sandwhiches and allowes you to sit on real funature and drink and eat from porcelain dishes?

A quick search shows that there are McCafes in the U.S., but I have no idea if they use porcelain dishes. And coffee and cakes are not really my idea of healthy food.

I'm not trying to argue that we're a nation of health nuts; we're certainly not. It's just that when you think that _all_ Americans live on hot dogs and McDonald's cheeseburgers, you're wrong. It's sort of a big and diverse country to be making sweeping generalizations about anything.

The thing that gives me the biggest laugh in all this is that rhys objects to Americans drawing generalizations about other countries by.... making a generalization. It's either incredibly brilliant or incredibly dense, depending on the angle.

And Texas still makes the best BBQ....