nigel99

Why won't God heal Amputees?

I was fixing our network and to check for connectivity I was typing in random searches to check it. I got through help, hello and tried a new one "why". Result a very interesting website about 1/2 way down the page that kept me reading for a while.

http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/

Discuss:)
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

Sadly, the answer is simple, and is explained clearly in 1 Cor 13, that miracles will cease because of the establishment and growth of the church. Second, as christ illustrated in the healing of the blind man, these situation exist for the glorification of God. Put them together and you will understand that the intent is that god be glorified through the church and since the church is just a group of people then the people must do good, or it is a sin for them not to do good, so people will want to join the church. Put that with 1 Cor 13 and you will see again that the focus, glofication, and what is to draw people to the church is love. What 1 Cor 13 is basically saying is that miracles will be replaced with love and really, which is more important. The restoration of an amputees limbs or love and mercy? Obviously, love.
So simple yet so few religious organizations truely understand this idea and live by it. Others are just confused by it and are "blinded" as the bible says they will be as they don't want to really see what is important.

I was fixing our network and to check for connectivity I was typing in random searches to check it. I got through help, hello and tried a new one "why". Result a very interesting website about 1/2 way down the page that kept me reading for a while.

Because he loves amphibians more than he loves people.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Hmm... amazing coincidence how the ceasing of miracles happened before mankind developed the ability to permanately record them in a verifiable manner? Too bad nobody had camcorders back then and we could have put the whole miracle question to rest, huh? O well, at least we have a book that we know is true because it says so in the book:S:ph34r:

It's tough to keep up your responsibilities when the 'shrooms call your name. :)
HAMMER:
Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a
kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the
object we are trying to hit.

Hmm... amazing coincidence how the ceasing of miracles happened before mankind developed the ability to permanately record them in a verifiable manner? Too bad nobody had camcorders back then and we could have put the whole miracle question to rest, huh? O well, at least we have a book that we know is true because it says so in the book:S:ph34r:

Actually, that book was written by numerous people and there are numerous other writings confirming what they said which include some roman historians. It is all well documented and was undisputed at the time. In fact it was all more well documented that most historical "fact" about many other nations and what they did or who they conquered etc. Even those who opposed christ didn't deny the miracles happened.

It all happened in a society which was highly documented and phyosophy, debate, and writing was a huge. Thousands and thousands saw these miracles. If it was all false why isn't there at least one documented case of someone saying that the guy wasn't really blind or they saw this guy later and he couldn't walk again or they saw how he trick everyone. In fact there is a case of a magician/sorcerer who tried to buy the ability to do miracles and was denied. Why didn't he oust them? We have a bunch of writings from him.
We actually know more about the situations surrounding the death of jesus from roman history than from the collect of writings we call the bible.

You all also seem to forget there is this thing called free will which means people can do bad things to other people and bad things happen. We and the world are not a bunch of robots. Also, God is not the only power at work according to the bible.

Also, ever read the book of Job? Its all about why God even then wouldn't just heal random people or intervene whenever something bad happens. In fact, its about how he uses the bad things ultimately for good.

Also, the book you refer too never says its true because it said in the book. It actually says to test or prove all things. In another place a church was complimented for not simply accept the words of the apostles and others but they studied and proved them to be true first. The bible actually teaches, in romans 1, that we are to look at the evidence and through the evidence of the world we prove God and those that don't beleive are "without excuse" because the evidence is everywhere.
The bible actually teaches that blind belief is wrong.

>It is all well documented and was undisputed at the time.

Given that the very first pages of the Bible contradict each other, you can't really credibly claim that "it's undisputed." It disputes itself.

Another one - what were Jesus's last words? If the event was as well-documented as you claim, then it should be easy to read the Bible and determine what they were.

How about Joseph's father? What was his name?

>If it was all false why isn't there at least one documented case of
>someone saying that the guy wasn't really blind . . .

OK, let's take one case.

The Bible claims that Joshua led the destruction of Jericho, and per the Bible he lived around 1450 – 1370 BC. Archaeological research now demonstrates that Jericho was abandoned far before that time. Which meant that either he did not do that, or he did it and Jericho was empty at the time - both of which contradict the account in the Bible.

Actually, that book was written by numerous people and there are numerous other writings confirming what they said which include some roman historians

What exactly did Roman historians confirm?

Even those who opposed christ didn't deny the miracles happened.

Like who?

We actually know more about the situations surrounding the death of jesus from roman history than from the collect of writings we call the bible.

Like what, from who?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

As I see it, the most important thing that God does for us is to transform and renew our minds through the regenerative work of Jesus Christ. The health of the body pales in comparison. It is only a temporary vehicle in an eternal existence. He provides us with what we need to commune with Him and experience a fulfilled vibrant life.

As I see it, the most important thing that God does for us is to transform and renew our minds through the regenerative work of Jesus Christ. The health of the body pales in comparison. It is only a temporary vehicle in an eternal existence. He provides us with what we need to commune with Him and experience a fulfilled vibrant life.

Gee, with compassion like that, maybe you should get into counseling amputees! Just tell them that the body doesn't really matter, because jesus can renew their minds!:S

Sure is easy to make statements like yours above when you've got all your limbs, huh?

Gee, with compassion like that, maybe you should get into counseling amputees! Just tell them that the body doesn't really matter, because jesus can renew their minds!:S

Sure is easy to make statements like yours above when you've got all your limbs, huh?

Well, then let's take the religion out of the discussion. If one were going to counsel an amputee (and assuming all physical medicine was being done by other people), wouldn't the counselor try to help guide him through his psychological and emotional healing?

And assuming the psychological and emotional healing process is eventually successful, would it not be fair to say that an amputee can indeed be "healed", even though his limbs cannot literally be restored?

Assuming the answer to the 2nd question is also Yes, who is anyone else to question the patient's individual choice of various means and methods of achieving psychological and emotional healing, if indeed he does achieve that healing?

I don't believe in a Flying Spaghetti Monster. But if one of my kids suffered that kind of trauma, and she earnestly felt that the FSM would ease her emotional trauma and assist her psychological recovery, I just might say "Bring on the pasta."

So yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus. And yes, the FSM can sometimes help heal amputees. She just doesn't restore their limbs.

For crying out loud, God gave us two of each limb because He knew humans are careless and would loose one from time to time. I would say thats more than fare.

Those who think its God's job to heal amputees dont have a leg to stand on...
we need to talk about your flare..

Proove it - else it's just more words.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

With the advance of science and the media, "miracles" are becoming a thing of the past. Cancers and other diseases will go into remission and theses are chalked up to a miracle by god. Believers will always chalk up theses cures to the power of prayer. The one thing beleivers will never pray for, is for the legs of a double amputee to grow back. They know better.

***Actually, that book was written by numerous people and there are numerous other writings confirming what they said which include some roman historians.
It is all well documented and was undisputed at the time. In fact it was all more well documented that most historical "fact" about many other nations and what they did or who they conquered etc. Even those who opposed christ didn't deny the miracles happened.

It all happened in a society which was highly documented and phyosophy, debate, and writing was a huge. Thousands and thousands saw these miracles. If it was all false why isn't there at least one documented case of someone saying that the guy wasn't really blind or they saw this guy later and he couldn't walk again or they saw how he trick everyone. In fact there is a case of a magician/sorcerer who tried to buy the ability to do miracles and was denied. Why didn't he oust them? We have a bunch of writings from him.

The fact is the earliest books written from the bible were from Paul, perhaps 30 years after the death of Jesus, The only author from the books of the NT that spoke and read Greek was Paul ( though most of his letters were written by srcibes and not his own hand) None of the origional letters are left. Several of Pauls letters that made it into the bible are confirmed forgeries.

All of the gospels were written 40-90 years after the death of Jesus by greek Christians. There is zero evidence that any of the deciples of Jesus could read or write Greek. All of the Gospels started as oral stories and were spread by mouth. A husband might convert his wife, who inturn converts her sister who inturn converts her husband who inturn converts a friend while on a buisness trip who inturns converts his son who inturn wrote a gospel. This gospel was then copied over and over by many scribes who could not even read but were only able to copy the script, there were a ton of mistakes. None of the early synoptic gospels are the same, they ALL HAVE DIFFERENCES. Many scribes added their own words, and removed words to fit thier own belief. Keep in mind that there is no reference that Paul ever even saw a gospel. He was dead before they were written.

As far as Roman History refering to the Christians, the first reference is about 200 years after the death of Jesus. and it was not about any of his miracles.

I am always curious as to why Chrisians, always make the claim that thier sect. is the one true sect and all others are mistaken.