jclalor

Comparing the poor to stray animals...

http://thisbluemarble.com/showthread.php?t=24050

Just another example of Christian values from the right.

Bravo Sierra. Christian values have nothing to do with it.

BS yourself. Plenty of "lost sheep", "shepherd", "flock" metaphors in christianity.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

What then do Christian values have to do with? Why would one want to punish children for the wrongs of their parents? Then again god had no problem punishing the decendants of people who wronged him. The right wants the US to be known as a " Christian nation" but feeding poor children is wrong.

BS yourself. Plenty of "lost sheep", "shepherd", "flock" metaphors in christianity.

I haven't seen anything about Christianity in this story. This is an issue of a person being out of touch to the "let them eat cake" extent.

But I understand the argument. Some modern Christians are like Christ as much as Stalinist Communism was about helping the community. It just has nothing to do with this guy and this guy and this attitude has nothing to do with true Christianity.

But if people think that it's only the right that's out of touch then they need to pay more attention to what's going on in their own camp. Mass just voted in a Republican because of how out of touch they feel the Democrats are with the average voter.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

Remember the Gov. Sanford threads when a bunch of you guys were saying that we should run him out of office? Note that those of us in South Carolina said that we'd keep Mark Sanford because the option was Andre Bauer. Do ya'll understand what we meant now?:S

You are only as strong as the prey you devour

BS yourself

I haven't found the complete text of Andre's comments but after looking through several different reports, searches for the words "God" Jesus" "Christian"(and variants) or mentions of any religion come up empty. But you're not one to let the truth invade your point of view so go ahead and continue to be wrong.
You are only as strong as the prey you devour

Typical liberal misdirection.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

What then do Christian values have to do with? Why would one want to punish children for the wrongs of their parents? Then again god had no problem punishing the decendants of people who wronged him. The right wants the US to be known as a " Christian nation" but feeding poor children is wrong.

See post #9.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

To be more specific, Christian values mean little to those who are not of the Christian faith. If you have not accepted Jesus Christ of Nazareth you are not in a position to examine the path of someone who is. However, the governor in question made no reference to his faith. He was apparently concerned with being PC.

Hey queekdraw you missed.

Remember the Gov. Sanford threads when a bunch of you guys were saying that we should run him out of office? Note that those of us in South Carolina said that we'd keep Mark Sanford because the option was Andre Bauer. Do ya'll understand what we meant now?:S

:|

Yes.

I decided I wasn't impressed with him here and figure out I didn't like him here.

Just representative articles, not the originals but I knew he effed up when I heard where he crashed. A Mooney won't get out of there.

Seems to me that his quote in the first article should do him in.

"Bauer was interviewed six days after the accident and told investigators he had never landed at the airstrip before and did not conduct any performance planning using the Mooney owner’s manual for his arrival or departure."

1300 ft. strip and he doesn't conduct any performance planning? I wouldn't land there in a mooney (floaty little buggers), much less try to take off.

I wonder how he feels about tort reform. I'm guessing he'd answer with "Well it depends on whether you're a lowlife scumbag or a valuable person." I'll admit though, I appreciate the honesty. It lets you know who you're dealing with.

***BS yourself. Plenty of "lost sheep", "shepherd", "flock" metaphors in christianity.

I haven't seen anything about Christianity in this story. This is an issue of a person being out of touch to the "let them eat cake" extent.

But I understand the argument. Some modern Christians are like Christ as much as Stalinist Communism was about helping the community. It just has nothing to do with this guy and this guy and this attitude has nothing to do with true Christianity.

But if people think that it's only the right that's out of touch then they need to pay more attention to what's going on in their own camp. Mass just voted in a Republican because of how out of touch they feel the Democrats are with the average voter.

I was trying to make the point that over the top Christian politicians are all about upholding the laws from the the OT but when it comes to the NT their beliefs get a little fuzzy.
He has loudly opposed Homosexual Marriage, Homosexual Sodomy and Homosexual Adoption. He has profoundly defined marriage as between straights only. Not only that, but he has pushed for the words, "I BELIEVE" and the Christian Cross on South Carolina license plates.

I was trying to make the point that over the top Christian politicians are all about upholding the laws from the the OT but when it comes to the NT their beliefs get a little fuzzy.
He has loudly opposed Homosexual Marriage, Homosexual Sodomy and Homosexual Adoption. He has profoundly defined marriage as between straights only. Not only that, but he has pushed for the words, "I BELIEVE" and the Christian Cross on South Carolina license plates.

If history is any judge, I'll wager $20 that he's "paddled the Cahulawassee:D

I know, that's mean. But so is he.

This would be a thread drift, but, he don't sound so bad now.

>Christian values have nothing to do with it.

Agreed. He's just an asshole.

When a person runs for office under the tenant that their value and belief system makes them a better person to hold that office, then they will be judged by their words and behavior.
One can make a valid argument about not wanting to help adults that will not work, children of these adults at the very least deserve to eat.

If those were his personal beliefs I'd be fine with it. Forcing those beliefs on others OTOH...

To the OP: More people give a damn about animals than the poor.

While his statement is non PC, he's definitely got a point.
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

Oh Please.... you guys are already calling him a liberal... not worthy of being a REAL repubiclown. I am not holding my breath waiting to be able to ever vote for an actual moderate REPUBLICAN ever again in my lifetime.
Once upon a time there was room in the GOP for moderates... recent history shows that is no longer true... think NY congressional seat..... think Sen Snow.... they just do not meet the agenda that has crept into take over the GOP and made it into a party that the Central American "democracies" of the 80's so very proud of.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for regularly confirming my decision to step away from the Christian Church. You're doing a great job of spreading the word.

- Dan G

Oh Please.... you guys are already calling him a liberal... not worthy of being a REAL repubiclown. I am not holding my breath waiting to be able to ever vote for an actual moderate REPUBLICAN ever again in my lifetime.
Once upon a time there was room in the GOP for moderates... recent history shows that is no longer true... think NY congressional seat..... think Sen Snow.... they just do not meet the agenda that has crept into take over the GOP and made it into a party that the Central American "democracies" of the 80's so very proud of.

If you ask that sect of the Republican party they say they were the ones that got Reagan elected... :S

This is why I'm an independent, both parties suck. [:/]
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.