Gene03

Jesus Rifles

They should inscribe the Bible verses on the bullets.
:|

That would make the bullets veer to the right.

If you really want to be a straight shooter, you need the bullets to be balanced.

Well you could always balance them out with some pithy verse from the Koran... and lubricate them with bacon grease.

>So what is the problem with putting alphanumeric references to
>bible verses on weapons optics?

In an ideal world? Nothing, any more than putting Allahu Akbar, the five-star Chinese flag emblem, a little penis or a dirty joke on there. If the manufacturer wants to do it, and the optics still work, no problem.

In the real world? Those would offend people (each one a different group) - and the military would be wise to not waste their time dealing with those offended groups, when the solution in all cases is simple.

Religion is one way;

The only way that could be true is if it is a brand new religion created today, and according to our current moral beliefs. Approximately half of what happened in the old testament, both by men and God, are considered evil and immoral by today's standards.

Even then, this fictional religion would have to be flexible enough to change with the changing moral standards as we continue to evolve. It's possible that in another 100 years, people will consider killing animals as a barbaric act. It's equally possible that we will consider abortion a barbaric act. The religion would have to change with those things. When the old testament was written, procedural abortion that is safe for the woman wasn't even an idea that was conceived of. Now, we have to find a way to temper that into our morals, since it's not covered in the Good Book.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

When the old testament was written, procedural abortion that is safe for the woman wasn't even an idea that was conceived of. Now, we have to find a way to temper that into our morals, since it's not covered in the Good Book.

Is abortion even mentioned?
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

And what is "the truth"?

"I am the way, the truth, and the life..."

I am always amazed at how many people deny Jesus without ever reading a Gospel... and I am more amazed at how the power of the hypocrite keeps those who are Gods from reading it as well. I didnt read or hear anything until I was 27... what I found in there suprised me to no end. Im sorry this may sound vague... but a revelation must be revealed... no one can show it to anyone. Earth is made for heaven... and the light is already shining.

Everything I am saying is in the Gospels.
"We didn't start the fire"

And what is "the truth"?

I am always amazed at how many people deny Jesus without ever reading a Gospel... and I am more amazed at how the power of the hypocrite keeps those who are Gods from reading it as well. I didnt read or hear anything until I was 27... what I found in there suprised me to no end. Im sorry this may sound vague... but a revelation must be revealed... no one can show it to anyone. Earth is made for heaven... and the light is already shining.

Everything I am saying is in the Gospels.

OK I have a question. Does it say in the bible that one should spread the word of God?
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Im not quite sure, but it sure is a topic that can inflame a believer into judgement on another, which is against the teachings of the Gospels. If you carry judgement against anyone, you carry it against yourself, and with the measure you use it will be measured on you. Abortion is killing, is it not? But we have already determined that killing can be justified in the mind, but it doesnt make it right. However, it is understood by the creator... "Let the dead bury their own dead"

Listen and see for yourself if this saying is true or not. "Sometimes we do the wrong things for the right reasons, but it still does not make it right" Everyone has done something wrong, and therefore, everyone is guilty. The only one who is not guilty is the one who gave his life for us so that we would find complete reconciliation with God.

How many times do you think other Christians have attacked what I believe? :D Let me give you a hint... enough.

OK I have a question. Does it say in the bible that one should spread the word of God?

Yes, Romans 10:14-18 "...Faith comes by hearing , and by hearing the Word of Christ. ... The voice (of those proclaiming the Word) has gone out into all the earth. And their Words to the ends of the world."

I'm not baiting you or anyone else, it was a pseudo rhetorical question in a way. But lets follow this........

If you believe in God and want to spread his word it makes sense to do it in a way that is tied into your life. I can only assume that the original owner of Trijicon was a devout man and attempted to spread the word of God by placing the alphanumeric references to bible verses on the fruits of his labor. Seeing how it was done in a very low profile way and is only now coming to light, has he not contributed and spread the word?
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Abortion is killing, is it not?

I think you'd be amazed at much of a contentious point that is and how recently opinions have formed on that topic.

Quickening

There are now people that say life begins at conception. That's a pretty large swing from just 100 years ago.
quade -

Exodus 21:22 Causing the death of a fetus did not carry the same penalty as murder. Even so, I personally consider abortion an evil act.

So do you follow all the other Old Testament "laws" or just pick and choose ones you like and dont like??

I'm not baiting you or anyone else, it was a pseudo rhetorical question in a way. But lets follow this........

If you believe in God and want to spread his word it makes sense to do it in a way that is tied into your life. I can only assume that the original owner of Trijicon was a devout man and attempted to spread the word of God by placing the alphanumeric references to bible verses on the fruits of his labor. Seeing how it was done in a very low profile way and is only now coming to light, has he not contributed and spread the word?

Yes, in an odd sort of way.

So do you follow all the other Old Testament "laws" or just pick and choose ones you like and dont like??

No, I do not follow Old Testament laws, but in this particular case I believe it may offer an insight as to when God considered the soul and the body united.

Yes, in an odd sort of way.

So in keeping with the topic of this thread, is there anyone here who REALLY has/sees a problem with this weapons optics issue?
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

So in keeping with the topic of this thread, is there anyone here who REALLY has/sees a problem with this weapons optics issue?

I personally do not. And would welcome it on my gun sight as a personal reminder that my thoughts and actions are answerable to God.

Not me personally. But I do understand how it would piss off some radical Muslim group and give them one more thing to bitch about, which, for me is enough to get rid of it.
quade -

So, we kill to protect our beliefs. This has been going on since the beginning, and will only stop when everyone knows the truth.

And what is "the truth"?

So in other words, the terrorists won't quit killing until they accept Jesus as their one true god, i.e. they all have to convert from Islam to Christianity? Only then will we have peace?

Isn't it a bit presumptuous of you to believe that your god is automatically "the truth" - the one and only god?

What do you say to all the billions of people who worship other gods in other religions?

'm not baiting you or anyone else, it was a pseudo rhetorical question in a way. But lets follow this........

Like I said, no worries... in hinesight I probably should've left the baiting part of my post out... my bad.

But to follow your post... This might get a little "deep", but... We dont spread the word... it spreads itself. It was never ours, it was always Gods... it is God. It touches souls and brings life to their hearts... it is life. According to the Gospel there are spiritual creations manifesting already on the earth. The bible specifys that this spiritual creation does not yet have a body and even does not yet know what it is. In Christ a seed is planted in the soul... only a seed, and life is in the seed.

Picture a tree. You dont really get to see it grow, but it is always growing to satisfy its full purpose on the earth. The Word of God is like that. Jesus is the seed that was planted and it is growing... no one can stop it, it will satisfy its full purpose, which is to establish heaven on earth. It doesnt matter who speaks or with what voice... even if no one spoke, the earth would... and does.

So the point is that you are right, he is spreading the verses, but not really the message. But isnt funny that because of what he has done, many are hearing the Word? There is a line of discernment here. I personally dont think he is spreading the right message... but Im not God... and the bible is very clear that the worst is yet to come. All I can do is keep the faith... what will happen will happen whether I want it to or not.

So in other words, the terrorists won't quit killing until they accept Jesus as their one true god, i.e. they all have to convert from Islam to Christianity? Only then will we have peace?

Isn't it a bit presumptuous of you to believe that your god is automatically "the truth" - the one and only god?

What do you say to all the billions of people who worship other gods in other religions?

My God is your God. Your God is your God. Do you think your God loves? I dont know, thats your relationship with your God... and others are the same. A mans (or womans) God is recognized by through that man. Jesus says "A tree is recognized by its fruit"

The truth is grace and grace is the truth. Instead of asking what truth is, why not ask what grace is? The bible does not say that only Christians will find heaven, but it does say that salvation is only found in Christ. Jesus is spirit. He is the very spirit of life that inhabits all living things... some hear his voice, others do not. But grace nonetheless is real, and it is only found in faith... not in a book. If everyone was filled with grace, you would not ask this question.. because it wouldnt matter.

Its like asking someone why they love you... the answer is not going to change the truth of that love.

So what is the problem with putting alphanumeric references to bible verses on weapons optics?

We're in an IO war. IO wars can be won or lost on seemingly insignificant events. For example, was Abu Gharaib a "big deal"? While it was certainly well outside of what we expect of American Soldiers, much worse happened in that prison while it was being run by Saddam. But it became a big deal because it played right into insurgency and AQ talking points about how the Americans were here to occupy Iraq and were no better than Saddam. The bible verses on the sights are ammunition for our enemies' IO wings. Will they lose the war for us? No, of course not. But they can be used by enemy recruiters to convince recruits that this war is a justified holy war to defend Islam from the invading Christians. That's the exact opposite of our goal.

Matthew 28:19
Mark 16:15
Luke 24:46,47
Acts 1:8
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.