ChangoLanzao

Is Rush Limbaugh a traitor?

No more than Keith Olbermann is.

I'm nearly certain Olbermann called for GWB to resign, numerous times, however I can't recall a single instance of him ever calling for a military coup.

Can you?
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

No more than Keith Olbermann is.

I'm nearly certain Olbermann called for GWB to resign, numerous times, however I can't recall a single instance of him ever calling for a military coup.

Can you?

Couldn't tell you - I don't make a habit of watching Olbermann or listening to Limbaugh.

I also take with VERY large grains of salt anything that comes from mediamatters.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

I'm feeling the need to re-visit RevWright, or Ayers while you lefties get all high and mighty about Rush.

I don't know anybody that thinks Wright or Ayers speaks for the Democrats as a whole. I do know quite a few people, including a number of Republicans, that think Limbaugh is the de facto head of the Republican party.
quade -

I do know quite a few people, including a number of Republicans, that think Limbaugh is the de facto head of the Republican party.

I know people that are wrong about alot of things too.

Well, please, tell us who the hell IS really running things over there? :)
quade -

I'm feeling the need to re-visit RevWright, or Ayers while you lefties get all high and mighty about Rush.

I don't know anybody that thinks Wright or Ayers speaks for the Democrats as a whole. I do know quite a few people, including a number of Republicans, that think Limbaugh is the de facto head of the Republican party.

So Quade...are you saying you don't support the 1st?

News flash...alot of people in the US are starting to get a bit impatient with hopetychangism. They see an inexperienced President who's only answers are to pull out his uncle's credit card. It ain't workin'.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

I do know quite a few people, including a number of Republicans, that think Limbaugh is the de facto head of the Republican party.

aye - people believe a lot of shit.

The GOP does suffer a leadership problem now, but no intelligent person is going to view Rush as its leadership. His relevance dropped off considerably in recent years, probably starting with his drug addiction.

So Quade...are you saying you don't support the 1st?
News flash...alot of people in the US are starting to get a bit impatient with hopetychangism. They see an inexperienced President who's only answers are to pull out his uncle's credit card. It ain't workin'.

Oh, I absolutely support the First. That doesn't mean a person can say things without there being consequences.

If Limbaugh wants to call for a military coup against the President of the United States. I say he should go for it and let the people know what he really thinks about how we do things here in the US.
quade -

Well, please, tell us who the hell IS really running things over there? :)

Honestly? Not sure. The party seems to be divided into two groups, the neo-conservatives, and the "ron paul"-ish people. Rand Paul and Peter Schiff have been getting alot of support from republican votes and independents, and the neo-cons don't like it. I honestly think they'd rather the democrats win as opposed to the more recent paleoconservative-leaning candidates that are running for office.

I'm betting it's only going to get worse as we get closer to the 2010 elections.

...no intelligent person is going to view Rush as its leadership...

lots of RW, "Real American" idiots do;)

Rush needs to be taken seriously, notwithstanding the fact that he and his followers are utterly insane. He is advocating the overthrow of the U.S. government through unconstitutional means. His followers have guns.

...no intelligent person is going to view Rush as its leadership...

lots of RW, "Real American" idiots do;)

Rush needs to be taken seriously, notwithstanding the fact that he and his followers are utterly insane. He is advocating the overthrow of the U.S. government through unconstitutional means. His followers have guns.

and that is their right to carry guns to protect themselves from government

Finally there is proof:S

:D:D

I dont know when or where this came from but, have you seen a recent pic of him lately?:D:D

Gotta say though, I love his media tweeks

Context is everything my boy, context is everything:D
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Finally there is proof:S

I dont know when or where this came from but, have you seen a recent pic of him lately?:D:D

Gotta say though, I love his media tweeks

Context is everything my boy, context is everything:D

I like this pic of him.

You know how people and their pets have a tendency to look the same..I wonder how many of his followers have a similar drug enhanced visage.

So what? He's an entertainer, and entertainers need publicity, or else they'd drift out of relevance. Every time any shock jock type needs an infusion into his/her bank account, all he/she needs to do is do or say something outrageous. For someone (anyone) in Limbaugh's "line of work", there is no such thing as bad publicity.

The GOP does suffer a leadership problem now, but no intelligent person is going to view Rush as its leadership.

I'll agree with ya there . . . "no intelligent person".

Unfortunately, that seems to make up roughly 25% of the population.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/11/29/ap/entertainment/main5827316.shtml
quade -

"most influential" != "head of party, with or without the defacto phrasing."

Based on SC, it seems more leftists think he's the head than those on the right. What does that say?

It speaks more to the lack of prominent leadership in their party than anything else - Their Senators and Reps are known in their individual districts, but not nearly so much on a national level. Rush runs a syndicated radio show.

"most influential" != "head of party, with or without the defacto phrasing."

Actually, it kind of does with the specific "de facto" adjective, which is exactly why I had used it.

Again, if Limbaugh isn't the de facto leader at this point, please, by all means, tell us who is?
quade -

So what? He's an entertainer, and entertainers need publicity, or else they'd drift out of relevance. Every time any shock jock type needs an infusion into his/her bank account, all he/she needs to do is do or say something outrageous. For someone (anyone) in Limbaugh's "line of work", there is no such thing as bad publicity.

EXACTLY!!!!!
*I am not afraid of dying... I am afraid of missing life.*
----Disclaimer: I don't know shit about skydiving.----