virgin-burner

should switzerland ban the building of minarets!?

i dont read anything about minarets in there; if we were to ban mosques, i could see your point, but not as its presented..

It didn't specifically say anything about mosques either, did it?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

i dont read anything about minarets in there; if we were to ban mosques, i could see your point, but not as its presented..

According to the Human Rights Comitee, if the new law is applied, it would be an infringement of those 3 articles.

says who!?
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

It didn't specifically say anything about mosques either, did it?

yes, i would agree that this was discrimination, but it's not!
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

According to the Human Rights Comitee, if the new law is applied, it would be an infringement of those 3 articles.

says who!?

Says the Human Rights Comitee.
"One day, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching."

Dudeist Skydiver #101

So what is the reasoning behind wanting to ban the minirets?

there's currently 3 minarets in switzerland if i'm right, there's the building of a 4th planned which the local people opposed; from the following debatte, this initiative was formed..

there are 4 which are "religious" and 1 which is decorative.

for me the result is a shame, but I didn't vote so my whine has no value.

what were the appenzellers afraid of ? having a minaret in every village ??

moreover the minarets have no loudspeakers etc so there is no call of the muezzin 5/6 times a day.

on the other side, how many bell towers are they in Saudi Arabia (for example) ?
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Switzerland has over 200 Mosques and 4 Minarets already in the country. It doesn't look like anyones "Human Rights" are being violated. No body is stopping them from praying or going to church.

I think it's a good thing when the People stick together on their believes, and the HELL with who they might offend. I wish it was this way in the US, maybe we could clean up this Screwed up Country.
SONIC BEEF #1 BASE 708, NC BASE 3
SLI,IADI,AFFI.TIE.FAA Rigger, Single & Multi Commercial Pilot,CFI, CFII, MEI

Approaching the high walled compound of Dubai's 1,000-seater St. Mary's Church, there are, by Islamic law, no external symbols to indicate what it is.

http://www.culturalcatholic.com/CatholicArabia.htm

alright, arab countries are not poster boys for human rights, if they change that, we might think about minarets; so long..
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

another good read:

http://www.jihadwatch.org/2008/11/saudis-to-build-mosque-in-moscow-russians-want-church-in-arabia.html

apparently, a christian cant even visit mecca, altough the ancestors living there were - you guessed it - christians!

if this discrimination is going to stop, we shall consider another vote in, say 50yrs!?
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

Approaching the high walled compound of Dubai's 1,000-seater St. Mary's Church, there are, by Islamic law, no external symbols to indicate what it is.

alright, arab countries are not poster boys for human rights, if they change that, we might think about minarets; so long..

Yeah, that'll show them! You just keep voting away your freedoms until they stop restricting theirs.

Have you ever heard the expression, cutting off your nose to spite your face?

Sorry but that's a 6 year old mentality.

You're saying they're assholes because they have stupid rules, and what is your solution? Let's have the same stupid rules and be assholes too!! That is very, very clever. :S
"One day, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching."

Dudeist Skydiver #101

Yeah, that'll show them! You just keep voting away your freedoms until they stop restricting theirs.

The funny thing is,,,,, in the UK people rally in mass protest to try and get the government to listen to them about "Immigrants" and similar issues. Most of your country too is fed up with immigrants trying to change your country's policy and demand change to suit them.
If the government let the people of the UK vote,,,, I bet that some of the things would also be considered violations of "Human Rights"....:P

You're saying they're assholes because they have stupid rules, and what is your solution? Let's have the same stupid rules and be assholes too!! That is very, very clever. :S

You sound like a "Bleeding heart liberal".... So you want to hug everyone give them what they want,,, When you become the minority,,,, we'll see how loud you cry and demand for your "Human Rights"...

it answers the respect they show towards us..

you can call it whatever you want, just be careful with them PA's..

so far you havent answered back with anything factual, except the peace of human rights that is NOT affected..

and jakee, now that you're such a great supporter of thoe whose rights were violated; why dont you give some space of yours for a gitmo-detainee or two!?
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

I'll just say hats-off to that national decision! Which, funnily enough, heavily has been critizised by Muslim countries which never ever allowed any Christian church to be built on thier soils! Like Turkey, f. e.

Absolutely irrelevant. The hallmark of a decent society is to set an example for others on how to be good, not to retaliate against the bad ones by being as bad as they are.

I'll just say hats-off to that national decision! Which, funnily enough, heavily has been critizised by Muslim countries which never ever allowed any Christian church to be built on thier soils! Like Turkey, f. e.

Absolutely irrelevant. The hallmark of a decent society is to set an example for others on how to be good, not to retaliate against the bad ones by being as bad as they are.

says an AMERICAN!?!?!?

now andy, that is REALLY ridicilous!

:D:D:D:D:D
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

The funny thing is,,,,, in the UK people rally in mass protest to try and get the government to listen to them about "Immigrants" and similar issues. Most of your country too is fed up with immigrants trying to change your country's policy and demand change to suit them.
If the government let the people of the UK vote,,,, I bet that some of the things would also be considered violations of "Human Rights"....:P

Probably would, but they can't.

So your point is...?

The Muslims just blow people up that don't believe in their religion.
Yeah lets give them every thing they want!!!!! But when a country tries to regulate their own they cry fowl! This sounds a lot like the Mexicans in the US when the government talks about stopping them from invading the US.

You sound like a "Bleeding heart liberal".... So you want to hug everyone give them what they want,,, When you become the minority,,,, we'll see how loud you cry and demand for your "Human Rights"...

No, I just want to give everyone what they desserve as human beings. I wish that peaceful muslims (99.999% of all muslims) could have the right to build a minaret, i.e. a building that isn't against the law and doesn't harm anyone except islamophobic people.

And FYI I'm the son of an immigrant, so I'm pretty sure I know what it means to be a minority.

Dudeist Skydiver #101

Yeah lets give them every thing they want!!!!! But when a country tries to regulate their own they cry fowl! This sounds a lot like the Mexicans in the US when the government talks about stopping them from invading the US.

Dude, we're talking about 'giving' them the shape of a building.

Not about letting them invade, not about letting them blow people up, not even about letting them broadcast the call to prayer - just the shape of a building.

says an AMERICAN!?!?!?

Again - you're childishly playing the player instead of the ball. My message has whatever value it has. Your reference to my citizenship is just an angry, immature tantrum, and it has no value.

now, let's look at bloody ncjumpjunkie, here's a man having found love in switzerland, and you know what's the first thing he does!? yea, he registers for a german course, nobody asked him to do that, BUT, he's trying to adapt to our society!

he's still a friggin' twisted redneck, but hey, ever heard of an AMERICAN trying to fit into things!? usually they make things (bigger) to fit them!

thanks john for being awesome, next beers are on me! ;)

-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

so far you havent answered back with anything factual, except the peace of human rights that is NOT affected..

and jakee, now that you're such a great supporter of thoe whose rights were violated; why dont you give some space of yours for a gitmo-detainee or two!?

That's your idea of a factual debate, is it?

You could at least pretend that you're willing to discuss the issues here...

Dude, we're talking about 'giving' them the shape of a building.

Not about letting them invade, not about letting them blow people up, not even about letting them broadcast the call to prayer - just the shape of a building.

They already have over 200 Mosques and 4 Minarets,,, how many more do you think can fit in the "Little Country" of Switzerland?

says an AMERICAN!?!?!?

Again - you're childishly playing the player instead of the ball. My message has whatever value it has. Your reference to my citizenship is simply a petulant tantrum, and it has no value.

ok, i'll get the swiss armed forces to bomb the shit out of them muslim minarets, that'll set an example of being good! ;)
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

Maybe I sound like a "Bleeding heart liberal", but you sound like a moron. Let me explain it to you: muslims don't blow people, islamic integrists do. Do you get it, or is it still too complicated?

Dudeist Skydiver #101