virgin-burner

should switzerland ban the building of minarets!?

>Is it a democracy when a minority has moved in and has grabbed your
>balls so that you can no longer demand that your country maintain its
>own customs and heritage because you are too fucking afraid of them to
>do anything about it?

Yes. See the Thirteenth Amendment.

I dont think thta the Thirteenth Amendment applies to England or to Jakee:S:S

>I dont think thta the Thirteenth Amendment applies to England or to Jakee

Nope. But it was an example where a minority moved in and "grabbed us by the balls." The people who owned slaves lamented that they could "no longer demand that their country maintain its own customs and heritage."

In 1860, the US was made up of less than 15% blacks. Yet we turned our society upside down just to give that tiny minority some rights. The majority of americans didn't even want to give those rights to them. But in retrospect, turned out to be a good call.

I somehow dont think the English have imported all of the muslims to Ye Olde Englande that are a loud and obnoxious minority forcing THEIR "rights" down the throats of others in Great Britain... or other western democracies. The English DID import the black slaves here as very cheap labor to enrich that very small minority of uppercrust english colonials who were eventually the people who rebelled against their English lords and Masters in the American Revolution.

Muslim immigration to England and western Europe != slavery

>Muslim immigration to England and western Europe != slavery

I didn't say it was. It is, however, an example of a minority being given rights against the will of the majority. And that's not a horrible thing, no matter how they got there.

SO basically you like some of those in England who dont mind the religious freedoms of one group when it intrudes on the rights of other religions and groups.... got it. That does not lead to peaceful coexistence and understanding between ethnic groups, its a recipe for a lot of problems going forward.
Why is it that me as a minority in Saudi Arabia had very few rights.... Oh thats ok., its THEIR right since tis their country.

>SO basically you like some of those in England who dont mind the
>religious freedoms of one group . . .

No. Actually I'm like some of those in the US who are fine with religious freedoms, provided they don't break any laws, and provided we follow the US Constitution when it comes to passing laws about them.

>That does not lead to peaceful coexistence and understanding
>between ethnic groups . . .

Neither did school desegregation. Caused a few riots as I recall. But again, we place more importance on rights here than "peaceful coexistence and understanding between ethnic groups."

Uh Bill you forgot the last part... That wonderful touchie feelie attitude does not extend very far thru the rest of the world.. especially in the countries where islam holds all the power in many countries. There you are just another sad infidel whose rights no longer apply while you are there.

>That wonderful touchie feelie attitude does not extend very far thru the
>rest of the world..

I don't really care who has a good touchie feelie attitude.

>especially in the countries where islam holds all the power in many
>countries. There you are just another sad infidel whose rights no longer
>apply while you are there.

Right. So is the solution to become more like them? I don't think so.

This vote appears to have been strated because someone wanted to build a16.5 foot (5m) minaret. I can't see how something that is as tall as a one story building could affect any current building/zoning ordinances or any that could be passed to restrict such a structure.

If there are current Swiss ordinances that can restrict structures that are less than 16.5 feet, please provide a link. Local ordinances from Langenthal translated to English would be beneficial.
A man without a mustache is like a hamburger without a bun, Un-American.

>That wonderful touchie feelie attitude does not extend very far thru the
>rest of the world..

I don't really care who has a good touchie feelie attitude.

>especially in the countries where islam holds all the power in many
>countries. There you are just another sad infidel whose rights no longer
>apply while you are there.

Right. So is the solution to become more like them? I don't think so.

I am good with do unto others as they have done unto you. Fuck Em when they come here until they treat other human beings decently. Its a war of ideology.. and I sure as fuck don't care for theirs.

>I am good with do unto others as they have done unto you.

Whatever floats your boat. I go by the unmodified version of that rule.

>Fuck Em when they come here until they treat other human
>beings decently.

Problem there is that if they are like you, their response will be "fuck them until they treat us differently." Which is why your version often doesn't work.

>Its a war of ideology.. and I sure as fuck don't care for theirs.

Then why should they care for yours?

>beings decently.

Problem there is that if they are like you, their response will be "fuck them until they treat us differently." Which is why your version often doesn't work.

They don't care for ours.. remember we are the Great Satan... so lets get em all to Allah and let him sort them out. It would be rude not to.

> so lets get em all to Allah and let him sort them out. It would be
>rude not to.

And with thinking like that - you get 9/11.

Yup... Like I said... Do unto others as they have done to you. When that happened and there were spontaneous celebrations across the muslim world... They selected us as the Enemy.. in New York.. and Beirut.. and Teheran.. and in Africa and the USS Cole...ITs been going on since the 1970's. How many times do they need to attack us and kill our countrymen till we figure out who the enemy is.. I am pretty sure who the enemy is... I guess you are not quite as quick on the uptake. Do you think you will get it when a WMD goes off in this country???

Uh Bill you forgot the last part... That wonderful touchie feelie attitude does not extend very far thru the rest of the world.. especially in the countries where islam holds all the power in many countries. There you are just another sad infidel whose rights no longer apply while you are there.

Well, I for one am glad I live in a country that's better than that. Apparently you want to live in a country that's more like that. Good luck with that.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

>Do unto others as they have done to you.

And like I said - with a foolish philosophy like that, you get the Middle East.

> Do you think you will get it when a WMD goes off in this country?

Hey, based on your philosophy, foreigners are justified in setting TWO off in our country. Then they would have done unto us as we've done unto them.

>Do unto others as they have done to you.

And like I said - with a foolish philosophy like that, you get the Middle East.

> Do you think you will get it when a WMD goes off in this country?

Hey, based on your philosophy, foreigners are justified in setting TWO off in our country. Then they would have done unto us as we've done unto them.

I seem to remember a little attack on the Pacific Fleet on OUR soil that led to that... with many thousands of Americans dead beteeen the two events.. perhaps some other countries might want to take note of that fact.

Well, I for one am glad I live in a country that's better than that. Apparently you want to live in a country that's more like that. Good luck with that.

Are you??

Bully for you... I think a lot of your countrymen are getting a bit fed up with it though.:ph34r::ph34r:

>I seem to remember a little attack on the Pacific Fleet on OUR soil
>that led to that..

Yep. Like I said, with a philosophy like yours, it never ends. I hope that comforts you during the next war.

Bill......................I figured a smart fella like you would not miss the part where we are currently at war in two countries???

This vote appears to have been strated because someone wanted to build a16.5 foot (5m) minaret. I can't see how something that is as tall as a one story building could affect any current building/zoning ordinances or any that could be passed to restrict such a structure.

If there are current Swiss ordinances that can restrict structures that are less than 16.5 feet, please provide a link. Local ordinances from Langenthal translated to English would be beneficial.

bad article, very inacurate.. and if you knew langenthal, you'd understand why people wouldnt want minarets there; small village, very countrysidish; a minaret doesnt belong there. zurich, geneva, "big" cities; doesnt really matter there..

do you know that the first (and to my knowledge only) buddhist temple in europe sits in switzerland? since like 50yrs ago.. there's a big sikh-temple, very close to langenthal actually.. the abandoned houses stuff; well, if they cant afford to build a mosque like the one in zurich (havent seen the geneva one), well, what can i say, tough titties!
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

This is a zoning enforcement rule saying you may move in move in and build new structures, but you have to follow these image rules...

Kind of like telling a Medal of Honor veteran of three wars he can't erect a six meter flag pole in his yard.
Tom B

This is a zoning enforcement rule saying you may move in move in and build new structures, but you have to follow these image rules...

Kind of like telling a Medal of Honor veteran of three wars he can't erect a six meter flag pole in his yard.

as if he wasnt told he was not allowed to put a pole up; maybe we should have anarchy, then everyone can do as they please..
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

>beings decently.

They don't care for ours.. remember we are the Great Satan... so lets get em all to Allah and let him sort them out. It would be rude not to.

First once again you are either incapable of following a long chain of event, ignorant about the history, or selective with your memories. God forbid you actually understand that the bases of your arguments are roted ion nothing but bigotry as all others who support such a bill.

Question what would the U.S.A. do if another country used its embassy and used its people (the CIA for the US) to over trow our democratically elected government? What would wed do if another country had its warships on all our shores? What would we do if another country started wars and supported both sides to make money?(Regan who so many look at as some sort of hero) What would we do if another country had military bases on our land?

The events i am referring to are all facts. Your opinion of simply does not matter they are events that have occurred in history.

How is it that the answer to all the question above can be "we would kick said county ass" yet you expect every one else to bend over and say thank you?

How delusional does one have to be to not see that your only motivation can be racism whether you are capable of seeing it or are not.

And by the way i find referring to whole group of people as "they" followed up by some sort of classification as moronic to say the least
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain