Tuna-Salad

So once again the police tighten the rope.

If it's in your car... yea..
If you get pulled over and have a passenger.. you both go to jail whether the passenger knew you had anything or not.. cops grow tired of the "I didn't know" story and ignorance does not hold up in court.. so how could it NOT hold up? It's your car registered to you and has residue from someone smoking pot.. no different than if they found an empty pipe in your car
Millions of my potential children died on your daughters' face last night.

I was told by someone recently that Florida has started doing swab tests on windshields to find marijuana residue... just another way for big brother to get your name in the system I guess..

"I heard from this guy" is a hard thing for anyone here to examine or comment on. Got anything more concrete? The BS detector is ringing on this one.

Could be BS, but at the same time would not really surprise me either. Pretty creative for someone to make up as well.. Should of asked where this person got his info...

People make up all sorts of creative scare letters that get chain mailed across the internet for years.

The legal problems, or even just the logistical problems of swabbing down and testing every car pulled over makes it seem far fetched. The last Supreme Court ruling on car searches would seem to be directly contrary to it as well.

I fail to see how that would hold up in court. How, exactly do they connect the residue with the person inside the vehicle?

Same question I have about speeding and stop light cameras
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

>Same question I have about speeding and stop light cameras

They take a picture of you. If the picture matches your driver's license ID, you get a ticket. If they can't see you, you don't. (Or more accurately, you may still get one - but it will be easy to beat in court.)

They take a picture of you. If the picture matches your driver's license ID, you get a ticket. If they can't see you, you don't. (Or more accurately, you may still get one - but it will be easy to beat in court.)

There's also the distinction between infractions and misdomeanors (and felonies). You don't get a jury trial, and the standard of proof is pretty limited - if the cop says you were speeding and you say you weren't, guess how the judge rules.

I personally know a skydiver in the south west who was victim of something like this. In his case, they pulled him out of the car, strip searched him, searched the car (without his permission), and found nothing. They then resorted to the swabbing because they were sure the smelled MJ. They did not get him on his windshield but they got him on his sunglasses case for MJ residue from the swab and he was fined.

OTOH, he did take this to court and it did not stand up. This still does not change the fact that he had to go through strip searching, unauthorized searching of his vehicle, then pay the legal expenses of challenging this. I asked him if he would sue, but to him it was not worth the effort since it was not his home state and he lived a good distance away.
108 way head down world record!!!
http://www.simonbones.com
Hit me up on Facebook

not true. They (at least here in Iowa) they take a picture of the plate. The owner gets the ticket.

And the courts have upheld it here.
Abraham Lincoln

>not true. They (at least here in Iowa) they take a picture of the plate. The owner
>gets the ticket.

That's true here as well. But here, if you take it to court, and they cannot produce an image of your face - you win. In California the ticket must include the name of the offender (and thus they must show evidence it was you.)

>not true. They (at least here in Iowa) they take a picture of the plate. The owner
>gets the ticket.

That's true here as well. But here, if you take it to court, and they cannot produce an image of your face - you win. In California the ticket must include the name of the offender (and thus they must show evidence it was you.)

Not the same here
Abraham Lincoln

I fail to see how that would hold up in court. How, exactly do they connect the residue with the person inside the vehicle?

Yeah. For all the cops and courts know you left your window down all day. Coulda been smoke residue from anybody who walked by with a joint.
HAMMER:
Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a
kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the
object we are trying to hit.

Yeah. For all the cops and courts know you left your window down all day. Coulda been smoke residue from anybody who walked by with a joint.

..or the person you got the car from
...or a test driver
..or a ....
Abraham Lincoln

>gets the ticket.

Not the same here

I've always felt that's unconstitutional, since a moving violation is a violation of the operator, not the vehicle. But if the state appellate courts cave in and uphold that shit, that's pretty much the end of the line, as the chance that the SCOTUS will ever agree to hear such a case is probably zilch. Not fair, IMO; but there we have it.

>gets the ticket.

Not the same here

I've always felt that's unconstitutional, since a moving violation is a violation of the operator, not the vehicle. But if the state appellate courts cave in and uphold that shit, that's pretty much the end of the line, as the chance that the SCOTUS will ever agree to hear such a case is probably zilch. Not fair, IMO; but there we have it.

On this, we agree
Abraham Lincoln

If it's in your car... yea..
If you get pulled over and have a passenger.. you both go to jail whether the passenger knew you had anything or not.. cops grow tired of the "I didn't know" story and ignorance does not hold up in court.. so how could it NOT hold up? It's your car registered to you and has residue from someone smoking pot.. no different than if they found an empty pipe in your car

do you have a $20 or $100 bill that's more than 10 years old? then you're going to jail, because I bet you could find trace amounts of cocaine on it.

I bet the cops get tired of the "I didn't know story". well it doesn't matter because ignorance doesn't hold up in court. There's coke on that bill and you're going to jail. It's your $20 bill, it's in your pocket, and it has trace amounts of coke on it. No different than if they found the residue under your pinky finger nail.
:S
--
Rob

Wear a hat, dark glasses and a fake beard.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

In Orlando, the person who owns the car is responsible, to pay the fine, but if they cant match the face no points are given. Total BS

Ray
Small and fast what every girl dreams of!

>In Orlando, the person who owns the car is responsible, to pay the fine, but
>if they cant match the face no points are given.

Interesting. I wonder how they justify that one? (Although in terms of costs, fines are generally cheaper than points in the long run.)

>In Orlando, the person who owns the car is responsible, to pay the fine, but
>if they cant match the face no points are given.

Interesting. I wonder how they justify that one?

Via the complicity of judges - lawyers all, who know better - who don't have the political guts to rule otherwise.