SpeedRacer

86 yr old WWII veteran speaks about gay marriage

I'm not saying it's not natural; it's just wrong. Do you argue for peadophiles? Some people are naturally attracted to children - should we allow adults to marry children?

Do you not realise that there is a difference between a child and a consenting adult?

What do you think?

I think that you do not, otherwise you could not possibly have used the argument you did.

More importantly; address the last point I made to you

I have, and now I am again.

Sorry, you haven't. Please justify gay marriage.

'for it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "chuck 'im out, the brute!" But it's "saviour of 'is country" when the guns begin to shoot.'

Sorry - I obviously disagree. Being that it's two consenting adults doesn't make it right.

What makes it wrong?

Have a look yourself - it isn't difficult.

It is difficult, because there does not seem to be any example. Where is it?

It's the marriage that's wrong. It's the normalisation of something that's wrong, that's wrong! Whenever in human society did we have gay weddings? It's wrong.

There are a whole load of things we didn't have in human society until recently,* is everything that's new wrong?

*Gay marriage is not one, there are examples of that going a few thousand years back.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Civil union / marriage / cohabiting / living in sin / dating seriously / long term f%^k buddy etc etc etc ........

= THE SAME THING !

People have the right to do whatever they like, and if they want to get married thats fine.

Most people who have a problem with gay marriage are themselves suffering the terrible infection that is the virus of the mind called religion. How they can propose to regulate other LIVING peoples lives based on the mad ranting's in their chosen book of spells proves that we are doomed as a species.

unless the atheist revolution saves our souls !

Sorry - I obviously disagree. Being that it's two consenting adults doesn't make it right.

Why not?

It's the marriage that's wrong. It's the normalisation of something that's wrong, that's wrong!

Why is it wrong?

Whenever in human society did we have gay weddings? It's wrong.

Anthropology isn't my strong suit, but I seem to recall reading about how such marriages were acceptable among some Native American cultures.

I did. You never made any posts offering such explanations, at least not in this thread.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

According to the Bible, God himself began the marriage arrangement in the Garden of Eden, when he married Adam and Eve.

We read at Genesis 2:22-24: "Jehovah God proceeded to build the rib that he had taken from the man [Adam] into a woman and to bring her to the man. Then the man said: 'This is at last bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh. This one will be called Woman, because from man this one was taken.' That is why a man will leave his father and his mother and he must stick to his wife and they must become one flesh." God himself brought Eve to Adam. They didn't just decide to live together without a legal basis for doing so. We also see the permanance of this union, and the fact that God emphasised that they were to stick together.

God's actions of bringing Eve to her husband established and sanctioned the arrangement for future generations to follow.

So you have it as the Jewish faith calling it Marriage.

Of course you will try and come up with some lame excuse why this is not true.

Try going back to over 5000 years and prove me wrong.

Sorry, you haven't.

I have, it's there in black and white.

Please justify gay marriage.

That was not the last post you addressed to me. But now, since you ask, when two consenting adults decide that they want to get married, there is nothing wrong with that whether they are different sexes, the same sex, or even if it involves some kind of hermaphrodite.

What on earth is it that you think makes that kind of sexual attraction wrong?

What makes it wrong?

It is difficult, because there does not seem to be any example. Where is it?

It's the marriage that's wrong. It's the normalisation of something that's wrong, that's wrong! Whenever in human society did we have gay weddings? It's wrong.

There are a whole load of things we didn't have in human society until recently,* is everything that's new wrong?

*Gay marriage is not one, there are examples of that going a few thousand years back.

What makes it wrong is simple. If you've a species that's gay, you won't have that species for very long,
will you? It's abnormal. If you advocate same sex marriages, then why not advocate other elements of sexuality that's abnormal? where do you draw the line?

'for it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "chuck 'im out, the brute!" But it's "saviour of 'is country" when the guns begin to shoot.'

According to the Bible, God himself began the marriage arrangement in the Garden of Eden, when he married Adam and Eve.

I'm sorry, I should have been more clear. What evidence do you have for knowing which institutions created the idea of marriage in the real world, not in a fictional story?

Of course you will try and come up with some lame excuse why this is not true.

You're quoting Genesis, and asking me to come up with a reason why it's not true? Oh my. Well Mr Warpedskydiver, may I introduce you to my friend Mr Science?

do you think gay people are subhuman?

Because it sure sounds like it.

welcome back to the 1700s, folks. Or 1941 Germany, take your pick.

I'm reasonably tolerant of gay people. The can't help the fact they're attracted to the same sex, so why repress it? But the marriage of gay people is wrong. What world do you live in? Everybody has to be gay?

Well if you aren't religious, where did you learn these backwoods ideas from?

You keep using the word "wrong" but you don't back it up with any authority. So it's wrong to who? You? Society? The Church? The Govt?

Wrong is only wrong when it has some authority (society, government, etc) saying its wrong. Just because gay marriage has never happened in this country doesn't mean it shouldn't.

You are a homophobe. Plain and simple. Saying homosexuality is just plain "wrong" proves that.

For the record I support the right of gay people to get married.

Cheers

What makes it wrong is simple. If you've a species that's gay, you won't have that species for very long,
will you?

And I'll ask again - So what?

We're talking about gay marriage, not about forcing everyone to be gay. I'm not sure why you're confused about that.

I'll also make the point again, if no-one had children the species wouldn't last very long either. So why don't you want to force every single person to have children?

If you advocate same sex marriages, then why not advocate other elements of sexuality that's abnormal?

Sure. Why not?

where do you draw the line?

Where it stops being a case of two (or more) consenting adults not hurting anyone, and starts involving non-consenting parties. It's really very simple.

I'm reasonably tolerant of gay people. The can't help the fact they're attracted to the same sex, so why repress it? But the marriage of gay people is wrong. What world do you live in? Everybody has to be gay?

And once again on this one - Being in favour of gay marriage does not mean thinking that "Everybody has to be gay". I have not one single clue how you have come to be confused by this.

I'm a homophobe. Of course, what else could I be? Everyone who disagrees with same sex marriage must be homophobic, right? Fuck off!

If it's so right, why haven't we a homosexual species from the animal kingdom that pair for life, such as swans for example? To advocate the permanency is against nature.

That's what makes it wrong. What's so difficult about that? As to religion; what a lot of nonsense that is; in Afghanistan, they'd regularly excecute men in gay relationships, yet every Thursday evening they'd be off having their bum nights . . . even these fuckers were able to see the difference between having a simple sexual encounter to a permanent relationship.

will you?

And I'll ask again - So what?

We're talking about gay marriage, not about forcing everyone to be gay. I'm not sure why you're confused about that.

I'll also make the point again, if no-one had children the species wouldn't last very long either. So why don't you want to force every single person to have children?

If you advocate same sex marriages, then why not advocate other elements of sexuality that's abnormal?

Sure. Why not?

where do you draw the line?

Where it stops being a case of two (or more) consenting adults not hurting anyone, and starts involving non-consenting parties. It's really very simple.

Ok. So you'd advocate a ruling that nobodies allowed children anymore - because it's not wrong. Great argument mate.:)

If it's so right, why haven't we a homosexual species from the animal kingdom that pair for life, such as swans for example? To advocate the permanency is against nature. That's what makes it wrong. What's so difficult about that?

We have seen that very thing, so I guess you'll acknowledge that you've been wrong and homosexual marriage isn't wrong or unnatural after all.

I'm not saying it's not natural; it's just wrong.

Anything that consenting adults choose to do between themselves can't be wrong. It's their choice to live as they wish.

Anything? What if they decide to throw a dice with the results being death? Evens, guy kills girl, Odds, girl kills guy?

Anything that consenting adults choose to do between themselves can't be wrong. It's their choice to live as they wish.

Anything? What if they decide to throw a dice with the results being death? Evens, guy kills girl, Odds, girl kills guy?

If they are all consenting? Sure, have at it. That's none of my business.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

If it's so right, why haven't we a homosexual species from the animal kingdom that pair for life, such as swans for example? To advocate the permanency is against nature. That's what makes it wrong. What's so difficult about that?

We have seen that very thing, so I guess you'll acknowledge that you've been wrong and homosexual marriage isn't wrong or unnatural after all.

didn't you read the part where the male and female have an offspring together, before the male chases the female away ffs!!?

I'm confused as to why we need the government's permission to marry in the first place. Wouldn't this be easier if the government just got out of the marriage business altogether?

That is and always has been my point, marriage should be none of the governments business.

The reason they are involved is MONEY

Otherwise they would only recognize marriages not license or charge for divorces.

The government is busy doing all sorts of things that should not involve them.

If they are all consenting? Sure, have at it. That's none of my business.

Yep, and I'm sure the Courts would see it exactly as you do . . .

didn't you read the part where the male and female have an offspring together, before the male chases the female away ffs!!?

Yes I did, and that in no way makes the male-male relationship any less permanent. By the standard of proof that you set forth, you've been proven wrong.

Are you going to be mature enough to admit it?