kallend

Medical pot policy changed

I'm sure your liver would prefer marijuana over all that!

No way in hell will I ever put that amount of manufactured chemicals in my body.
I'm sorry that you have to.
:(

Until there is true federal & state legalization of marijuana, the ever-growing practice of employment-related drug screenings make its use simply too risky for an ever-growing segment of the population.

The City of Fresno has contoversy now with its medical marijuana dispensary ordinance. Fresno allows them so long as they comply with state and federal law. Federal law being what it is they cannot operate. The City successfully enjoined them this month.

It's kind of a hotbed here on the medical marijuana debate.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

like 4 years ago when i posted should marijuana be legal and alot of you guys voted yes..
and four years and thousands jumps lator my wish came true and it is way legal than before..
one visitation to doctor's office and "BAM", official club membership...

go to weedmaps.com or weedtracker.com and see how many shops are in so-cal area... and there are more if you count all the shops that didn't register with weedmaps or weedtracker.

get over it people weed isn't all that bad.. it killed way less people than alchohol ever did..
Bernie Sanders for President 2016

Maybe you should put down the bong and re-read the thread...we're supporting the legalization, not opposing it.

I suddenly had a flash back to the Simpsons episode where Homer was leading a would be legalization bill but they stayed at the rally until one day past the election.

Apparently Fresno's property and violent crime rates are measurably higher than that of California as a whole. (Source.) So the failure to enforce drug laws contributes to the criminal element, which endangers you, your family and your business, and costs you extra money in insurance premiums, security measures and counseling for anxiety. Ergo: standing.

Bullshit! :D

Your logic/argument = fail. Yes, if pot is still illegal then any use, sale, storage, cultivation is by definition contributing to the criminal element.

If it were made 100% legal than by definition it wouldnt contribute to the "criminal element".

In Amsterdam pot and mushrooms are both legal and their daily/regular use by all segments of the population is actually much lower than the states (4 pct I think). They view drug problems as a social issue and not a legal issue.

So instead of spending tens of billions on a failed, unwinnable "war on drugs" that creates cartels and sends trillions of dollars to them, they spend the same money (per capita) on treatment centers for addictive drugs such as heroine, coke, crack, oxy, etc.

Their model has been in place for decades and it just works. Why can't America adopt a model that works instead of trying to reinvent the wheel? Because the politicians are so scared of alienating their conservative, brain washed, 80 IQ masses.

Maybe you should put down the bong and re-read the thread...we're supporting the legalization, not opposing it.

I suddenly had a flash back to the Simpsons episode where Homer was leading a would be legalization bill but they stayed at the rally until one day past the election.

Or the Bill Hicks bit...

"woah, man, i thought it was Fat WEDNESDAY!"

Sarah's whole street reeks of pot. This is not hyperbole. When you turn the corner onto this lane of 1970s tract houses, you smell the tang: the sour, earthy, green odor that wafts up from lush marijuana plants steaming in the sun.

Sarah estimates that seven of 10 households on her semi-rural street, a couple miles from white-bread-suburban Rohnert Park, Calif., are growing weed. She ran into one neighbor at the hardware store, in the new section devoted to cultivation, with the special dirt, fertilizer and outsized plastic pots the growers use. Her next-door neighbors, two brothers, trade plant-sitting with her and let their pit bulls loose at night to patrol both yards. The women across the street have a small crop in their vegetable garden. And the new couple on the block, noticing the smell, mentioned they'd like to get in on it. In fact, she says, she doesn't know anyone in Sonoma County who isn't growing pot.

Sarah (who, like all the marijuana growers quoted in this article, asked that her real name not be used) doesn't fit the image of a drug dealer. She's 58, colors her hair strawberry blonde and wears souvenir T-shirts, jeans and Crocs. Her ranch-style, three-bedroom home is filled with furniture from Costco and cat-themed knickknacks. She seems as mainstream as they come — and she is typical of the new breed of marijuana producer in Northern California.

As the economy tanked, layoffs rose, retirement savings shriveled and home-equity credit lines fizzled, Sarah and thousands of middle-class folks like her began raising extra cash by following local ordinances that allow the limited growing of Cannabis sativa for personal or medicinal use — while hoping that President Obama will keep federal law enforcers occupied with other things.

The economics of pot growing are nice. The amount of space needed to grow a tomato plant will support a cannabis plant that, with a bit of TLC and luck, will produce from one-quarter pound to as much as 2 pounds of marijuana. When wholesaled to a dispensary, each pound will bring around $2,000.

http://www.alternet.org/drugreporter/143446/how_are_some_middle-class_families_coping_with_the_recession_growing_pot
stay away from moving propellers - they bite
blue skies from thai sky adventures
good solid response-provoking keyboarding