Andy9o8

Fat Infant Denied Health Insurance

So I wonder what the baby was really denied coverage for.

Ok, you caught us, we were trying to use this kid as the poster child for HC reform when in reality he is a heroin addict, an old habit he picked up while serving in Nam. And then there's all the STD's he picks up from all the hookers he bangs. This infant is really a louse who wants the gov nipple stuck in his mouth, not mommies.

Would not put it past Obama! He has done it before.

When?

Here's one, he has lied several time's about people losing health insurance, to push his BS health care!

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/09/29/obamas-health-care-horror-story-inaccurate/

If you want more do your own research. Just cause the liberal media (you watch) refuses to air something bad about Obama doent mean it is'nt happening;)
Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!

Actually, I wasn't trying to argue with you -- just adding some data. I honestly think that lifestyle choices should come at a cost.

I'll admit that I agree that a 4-month-old baby is a little young to be called obese -- the variation in normal is so wide at that age that it's almost meaningless to try to categorize them. I'll also agree that just as one should have a new job before quitting the old one if one needs the income, one should probably have the new insurance before quitting the old one, given how the system is set up in the US.

And that's not passing judgment on how things are set up. I have my problems with some of it, but those are a different post and a different story.

But, ya know -- if things one can't control (like bad vision) are charged more, why shouldn't things that one can control?

BTW -- obesity is just as tough a problem for some people as bad vision is for others. Really. We have more food easily available, so people can indulge them.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

How dare you use facts like that! or facts like that in the UK a persons chances of dying from prostate cancer increase by 604% as compared to the US for for something as simple as an MRI you have to wait an average of 6 months in canada. This poor child is an obvious example of why everyone must be "dragged" to public healthcare and your freedoms must be taken away!

Also, JohnDeere, how dare you use such a extremist news station for your info. Just look at how slanted they are compared to other's"
'As for Dunn’s complaint about Fox News’ coverage of the Obama campaign, a study by the Pew Research Center showed that 40 percent of Fox News stories on Obama in the last six weeks of the campaign were negative. Similarly, 40 percent of Fox News’ stories on Obama’s Republican opponent, Sen. John McCain, were negative.

On CNN, by contrast, there was a 22-point disparity in the percentage of negative stories on Obama (39 percent) and McCain (61 percent). The disparity was even greater at MSNBC, according to Pew, where just 14 percent of Obama stories were negative, compared to a whopping 73 percent of McCain stories — a spread of 59 points…"

Also, JohnDeere, how dare you use such a extremist news station for your info. Just look at how slanted they are compared to other's"
'As for Dunn’s complaint about Fox News’ coverage of the Obama campaign, a study by the Pew Research Center showed that 40 percent of Fox News stories on Obama in the last six weeks of the campaign were negative. Similarly, 40 percent of Fox News’ stories on Obama’s Republican opponent, Sen. John McCain, were negative.

On CNN, by contrast, there was a 22-point disparity in the percentage of negative stories on Obama (39 percent) and McCain (61 percent). The disparity was even greater at MSNBC, according to Pew, where just 14 percent of Obama stories were negative, compared to a whopping 73 percent of McCain stories — a spread of 59 points…"

So...how do you determine which one is biased, aside from one's own personal biases? What is McCain really was 50% inferior to Obama? Then CNN would be spot on, MSNBC would be slightly left biased, and Fox would be rather right biased.

And then there is the potential bias by Pew in determining what negative means.

How dare you use facts like that! or facts like that in the UK a persons chances of dying from prostate cancer increase by 604% as compared to the US for for something as simple as an MRI you have to wait an average of 6 months in canada. This poor child is an obvious example of why everyone must be "dragged" to public healthcare and your freedoms must be taken away!

Must explain why the life expectancy for males both in the UK and Canada is higher than it is in the US.:S

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Must explain why the life expectancy for males both in the UK and Canada is higher than it is in the US.:S

Well, in the UK, it's because there are fewer fatal orthodontics accidents.

Unfortunately, They were able to browbeat this company into giving in to them with the help of a VERY biased news story that misrepresented the facts and sensationalized the story.

Poor, poor ins co. The same ones that charge all they can on teh front-end and deny all they can on the back. You're a dying breed, Americans are realizing they don't want their very lives to be a business decision.

So you're saying that the baby's weight is normal and the insurance company should insure anyways?

Five percent of babies will always be in the 95-99 percentile range w/r/t weight (or anything else), no matter how healthy they may otherwise be.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

So you're saying that the baby's weight is normal and the insurance company should insure anyways?

Five percent of babies will always be in the 95-99 percentile range w/r/t weight (or anything else), no matter how healthy they may otherwise be.

Let's not bother people with basic mathematics, OK?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I can say for sure that shopping around as an individual vs your work places you under an F'in microscope.

The problem is the fact that it is a damn business in the first place.

Since finding out I have the big "C" ; my PPO has smelled blood in the water and I've received 2 outbound calls asking me about things ranging from my diet, lifestyle, and frickin counselor visits when I was 14. I wish they'd just be up front and say "We really just need to find a way to drop you so you can go bankrupt or die."

Even with coverage, my 20 percent copay is going to result in me selling my car and going from 12 to 18 credits so I can get a couple extra grand on my student loans so I can hopefully afford treatment.

Like hell i'll sell my rig though :P

Plan B is fleeing to Germany (the irony does not escape me) and marry my lady in a rush since the state plan does not deny coverage for any PEC.

But that is not what we are talking about. we were discussing PERSONAL CHOICES.

Remind us what personal choices the four month old infant made.

Don't be facitious, we all know that parents make choices for minors.

These parent's made the choice to drop their employer's group health insurance plan because adding new member on the policy would increase their premiums by 40% or so.

Now lets put aside the fact that a 40% increase due to an additional plan member, 3 plan members instead of 2, a 33% increase in the amount of individuals coveraged, sounds like a very reasonable increase.

The parents would have to live with the financial impact that their choice of leaving a gap in coverage might result in.

It was the parent's bad financial choice, and they would have financial reprecussions for the bad planning, but don't tell me for one minute that you actually beleive that this would result in a lack of care for this child.:S

Stupid parents!
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

Don't be facitious [sic]…

I wasn't being facetious at all. You said the discussion was about the choices people make, and the thread is about a four month old infant. I inferred from your statement that the four month old infant made a lifestyle choice detrimental to his health, and was curious about what that choice may have been.

Apparently your statement was merely an attempt to dodge someone else's question. Fair enough.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

I wasn't being facetious at all.

of course you were - it's a common tactic - be proud, it was played flawlessly

***mock innocence***"I inferred from your statement that the four month old infant made a lifestyle choice detrimental to his health, and was curious about what that choice may have been."***amazement that the other person is incapable of understanding that an infant is helpless, shocked expression, mockery, derision, etc

if you were serious, then your ability to 'infer' anything from a statement is to be questioned - unless you are an alien robot of some kind.....then I'd like to offer my services in rounding up the populace in your conquest attempt - in return for power, and my choice of nubile Earth females (about 30 of them will do for now)

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I wasn't being facetious at all.

of course you were - it's a common tactic - be proud, it was played flawlessly

Don't be facetious.

WHO ME??? :D I clearly though you were being serious, and how can you possibly be so ......etc etc etc

I added to the other post, but already replied - just to stretch the exercise

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

so has anybody determined if the kid was actually dropped, or was he denied a new policy because the parents were trying to buy a policy that didn't cover him?

If he was dropped, I think its wrong and there should be some regulation on the ins companies to prevent this. My son stayed in the 99 percentile for weight for the first 4 years. He was also in the 95+ percentile for height for the first 4 years. Fat babies are cute and healthier than thin babies... Better than a crack baby for sure.

Now he has burned off the chub playing baseball and football (outside in the sunshine, not on XBox) and is a perfectly healthy 7yo.

If the parents were just too cheap or too poor to pay for the new policy then it really is the parents fault. If you cant pay for em, dont have em.

:o