Andy9o8

Fat Infant Denied Health Insurance

Journalistic integrity is dead in this country and it is a very sad thing.

FYI, not entirely. If you want journalistic integrity, read The Christian Science Monitor. I know that sounds bizarre, but when it comes to slant-free news reporting, it is top-of-the-line.

Yes, it is good reading!
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

OK, back to work for me.

I'm off today and the weather is crappy, so here I am on Al Gore's internet...:D

Reich wing ignorance, in all its glory.

Why don't you look up the facts as to Al Gore's participation in the commercialization of the Internet and get back to us?

It will never happen, because it is eay to be ignorant and opinionated in ones ignorance. It is much more challenging to to be educated and well informed.
Smart folks don't fall for the bullshit you repeat.

People seem to forget that Insurance Companies are Businesses that sell a Product.

Great, what a country; business before people......and they call us fascist. That's why the gov option, when business gets so corrupt that they disallow infants, or hell, adults for that matter, they need to have a competitor that keeps them in line.

There are many different programs available that would make sure the infant got treatment for life threatening illness.

Exactly, parents can't afford preventative care or are otherwise disallowed, so we wait until he convulses and theeeeeen take him to the ER so they can try to revive him and theeeeeen pursue the parents until they BK and continue the idiocy over and over again. That's teh main dispute with HC, thanks for pointing it out.

Under Ghia BHO's plan, fat babies found in the hopper would be aborted immediately to save these trips to the ER. It's called preventative maintenance.

Insurance companies are exempt from anti-trust laws. They discuss patients among themselves, set prices, and stop people from shopping across statelines. Trouble is, Max Baucus, Democrat from Montana , is in their hip pockets. Imagine that, the chief architect is a liberal social democrat. Lucky, you're lucky to have this guy in your pocket.

Yea, death squads....it's tied man, let it go. HMO's are then death squads, an 80 YO person won't get a new heart under either program.

Baucus is a real lib, right, and he isn't supporting apublic oiption. You ought to realize when you have a champ in your corner.

So I wonder what the baby was really denied coverage for.

Ok, you caught us, we were trying to use this kid as the poster child for HC reform when in reality he is a heroin addict, an old habit he picked up while serving in Nam. And then there's all the STD's he picks up from all the hookers he bangs. This infant is really a louse who wants the gov nipple stuck in his mouth, not mommies.

Why all the hyperbole, . . . from both sides. They had coverage (or at least an option for coverage), didn't like the price, went shopping around, got turned down based on obesity, and then used some connections to force a favorable decision.

This baby is not a poster child for any position other than a person should not allow a lapse in coverage while shopping around.

Right, damn liberal media, exposing the truth like that....shameful. The fact is the parents were turned down to insure teh kid, don't care about the extraneous circumstances of who found out, ins cos run the country, not the people.

So I wonder what the baby was really denied coverage for.

Ok, you caught us, we were trying to use this kid as the poster child for HC reform when in reality he is a heroin addict, an old habit he picked up while serving in Nam. And then there's all the STD's he picks up from all the hookers he bangs. This infant is really a louse who wants the gov nipple stuck in his mouth, not mommies.

Would not put it past Obama! He has done it before.

When?

Right, damn liberal media, exposing the truth like that....shameful. The fact is the parents were turned down to insure teh kid, don't care about the extraneous circumstances of who found out, ins cos run the country, not the people.

You mean the parents that HAD insurance for the kid but tried find a Lower Cost policy only to discover that their child did meet the criteria for that particular policy??

TANSTAAFL!!

Baucus is a real lib, right, and he isn't supporting apublic oiption. You ought to realize when you have a champ in your corner.

you mean the Baucus bill that will raise the cost of insurance and still leave over 20 million uninsured? who's corner is he in?

Imagine that. Lucky has Baucus in his hip pocket, and doesn't realize who he has.
Do your part for global warming: ban beans and hold all popcorn farts.

OK, back to work for me.

I'm off today and the weather is crappy, so here I am on Al Gore's internet...:D

Reich wing ignorance, in all its glory.

It was a joke about what is essentially a cultural meme.

Why don't you look up the facts as to Al Gore's participation in the commercialization of the Internet and get back to us?

It will never happen, because it is eay to be ignorant and opinionated in ones ignorance. It is much more challenging to to be educated and well informed.
Smart folks don't fall for the bullshit you repeat.

Here's the truth about Al Gore's internet:

http://www.snopes.com/quotes/internet.asp

Even knowing the truth of the matter, I laughed when I read his post.

If you fail to keep your sense of humor turned on in political discussions, you'll turn into Glen Beck.
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb

If you fail to keep your sense of humor turned on in political discussions, you'll turn into Glen Beck.

or Al Franken

but that's not fair - he never had a sense of humor in his life

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

or Al Franken

Did you never laugh at some of the stuff on the old Saturday Night Live? A lot of that was written by Al Franken. :P

or Al Franken

Did you never laugh at some of the stuff on the old Saturday Night Live? A lot of that was written by Al Franken. :P

I've met Rehm. He's quite normal in person.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

easy to fix - just give the baby to a couple militant vegetarians for a month or two

FYI - vegetarianism doesn't automatically imply a calorie reduction. Next time you're at Burger King, check out the BK Veggie burger - it's not beans and rice, as far as calories go.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

easy to fix - just give the baby to a couple militant vegetarians for a month or two

FYI - vegetarianism doesn't automatically imply a calorie reduction. Next time you're at Burger King, check out the BK Veggie burger - it's not beans and rice, as far as calories go.

I was going to reply to that, too. Even "militant" vegetarians don't eat only "vegetables"; they just don't eat meat (and vegans don't eat/drink any animal products). It's not uncommon for "new" vegetarians, before they learn how to do it the right way, to gain weight during the first few months, because in order to satisfy their ordinary hunger, they compensate for the absence of meat by filling up on too much starchy foods. Then they get too fat, and the crypto-fascist bourgeoisie denies them health insurance.

So what you are saying is that a LIFESTYLE choice that cause adverse health conditions should not have to pay higher insurance rates?? I disagree.

If you Smoke, You should pay higher health insurance.
If you can not control your weight solely based on your eating habits, You should pay higher health Insurance.

Lifestyle Choices and Personal Responsibility do come with a cost. Hard concept for the left to swallow sometimes.

Lifestyle Choices and Personal Responsibility do come with a cost

So does what you were born with or contract. If you were born with poor vision, you'll probably have to pay for glasses or contacts at some time. If you contract type I diabetes, you'll probably have to pay for supplies. Etc.

People can't control these things. They do cost more. There isn't a great answer for everything. "Business is right to do whatever the fuck it wants to" is no more appropriate than "Insurance should pay for my cosmetic nose job."

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

People can't control these things. They do cost more.

But that is not what we are talking about. we were discussing PERSONAL CHOICES.

Two totally different concepts.

I never even came close to saying "Business is right to do whatever the fuck it wants to" (Nice Hyperbole though).

Business do have a right to offer a product (As long as that product meets legal requirements). Health Insurance is a product. There are 1000`s of different programs and policies out there. The Consumer can shop around and find one that is right for them but not all policies are designed for all people. The lower cost policies will have more exclusions.

People that make poor lifestyle choices should expect to higher insurance rates. personal responsibility.

Your examples had nothing to do with Lifestyle choices. I was speaking specifically about People that CHOOSE to do things that put their health at higher risk should expect to pay more.

or Al Franken

I've met Rehm. He's quite normal in person.

Correction - I "seem" normal :P

it was a rif on the guy - like the Simpson's quote - "I'm trying to teach you right from wrong - why else did I take you to those Police Academy movies - I didn't see anyone laughing, did you?"

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I was going to reply to that, too. Even "militant" vegetarians don't eat only "vegetables"; they just don't eat meat (and vegans don't eat/drink any animal products). It's not uncommon for "new" vegetarians, before they learn how to do it the right way, to gain weight during the first few months, because in order to satisfy their ordinary hunger, they compensate for the absence of meat by filling up on too much starchy foods. Then they get too fat, and the crypto-fascist bourgeoisie denies them health insurance.

oh GAWD.... doesn't anyone recall the veggies a few months ago that nearly killed their baby? It was freakin' Freeflybella post torture session thread.

Ah, so Thanatos didn't get my one-liner, and I didn't get yours.
:|
Maybe it's a conspiracy.

I blame the Free Masons

You mean the parents that HAD insurance for the kid but tried find a Lower Cost policy only to discover that their child did meet the criteria for that particular policy??

TANSTAAFL!!

It was the same type policy with a different company the way I understand it. This exposes America's love of insurance co's at a great time.

you mean the Baucus bill that will raise the cost of insurance and still leave over 20 million uninsured? who's corner is he in?

He's the product of the laft wanting a public option, but the right ressiting, so we get stuck in the middle. I still think a public option, at least a limited one will pass, even if by concilliation.

It was the same type policy with a different company the way I understand it.

AT a LOWER COST.
Why was it a Lower cost?? They have higher standards on who they will cover.

They did not want to pay 40% more for adding a third person to their existing policy (Which had no problem covering the Child). Sorry, You have a Kid, Costs go up.

They went looking for cheaper alternative. This particular Alternative would not cover a Child that had a BMI of higher than 95% of the rest of the kids in this country. There were other options that would but they cost a little more.

You don't get something for nothing.

Unfortunately, They were able to browbeat this company into giving in to them with the help of a VERY biased news story that misrepresented the facts and sensationalized the story.

The child had insurance. The Child was insured. One company said that ONE policy was not available for this child because this lower cost option did not cover ANYONE that was fatter than 95% of the rest of the people in their category. No mention of the 1000`s of other options that WERE available to this couple to insure their child.