redramdriver

New Gun Law Propasals...Keep your eyes open for this one trying to sneak through the system.

You must ask yourself,"What kept, is keeping, these laws from passing????" Who stopped them, how??

Same thing that stops the Boogieman from coming into my house every night; non-existence.

Hi Dennis,
'Saw this same 2099, HR-45 stuff on another 2A site debunked. Thing is, 2099 is lost in space but HR-45 is still smouldering. In its present form it's too "Hostile" so I'm sure Bobby will water it down (SOP) and try to pass "something Sensible??" "Why bother trying to pass any type of HR-45 kinda' bill anyway???" Your boggieman skerd of guns????
"The price of Liberty is Eternal Vigilance..R.A. Heinlein"
"If the 'bad thing' starts in this country, there will be no rules.....No Rules At All!!"

PS, As for Bobby HR-45, Black Panther, Convicted Weapons Charges Felon, pardoned by Bill Clintonista, Got a seat in Congress from Ill, this is our boy RUSH!!! And he wants to tell me that I can't own guns unless they're by HIS rules??? Please re-read above!!
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

"The price of Liberty is Eternal Vigilance" R.A. Heinlein

Heinlein may have said that, but if he did he was quoting Thomas Jefferson.

Hi Danno,
Cool, R.A. knew good stuff when he saw it, the more people that say it the better!!!!!!
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

Yes quade, it is crazy how some people just believe any bullshit they read to be true without checking first to confirm whether it is true or not.

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3641091;page=unread#unread

And what part of it wasn't true?

That a reservation was not required.

You make such a big deal about her showing up without reservations, as if it required, and call her a diva for that. Then you find out, no reservations are required. For her and "the little people" walk ins are accepted.

Yes quade, it is crazy how some people just believe any bullshit they read to be true without checking first to confirm whether it is true or not.

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3641091;page=unread#unread

And what part of it wasn't true?

Quade, unless you just want to argue semantics instead of intent-you fucked the puppy on this one. It happens. A simple, "yeah-I scanned and misread this because I'm actively trying to bash anyone that refuses to spread cheek for Barry O', oops" is all that can be said. It wasn't a bad error-let it go.
You are only as strong as the prey you devour

You make such a big deal about her showing up without reservations, as if it required, and call her a diva for that. Then you find out, no reservations are required. For her and "the little people" walk ins are accepted.

Uh, a lot of restaurants say walk-ins are accepted, but often that means at best you'll be seated 3 hours (and 5 rounds of drinks at the bar) later, and not in the front.

It's much more likely that someone got bumped, just as the report implied.

> It wasn't a bad error-let it go.

It wasn't an error at all. What Quade posted is exactly what happened - she showed up to a high end New York restaurant without a reservation and wanted to be seated in the front. It's also a complete non-story.

Diva In The City

So she shows up to a high end New York restaurant without a reservation and wants to be seated in the front?

Nice.

I guess picking up the phone is for "the little people".

His title, his words, his context. Obviously meant as a disparagement. You are right. it was a non-story. Point is none of us are guilt free when it comes to jumping the gun but Quade is trying to defend and defer instead of just going "my bad". It's the whole superiority complex pontification that bugs me.
You are only as strong as the prey you devour

Uh, a lot of restaurants say walk-ins are accepted, but often that means at best you'll be seated 3 hours (and 5 rounds of drinks at the bar) later, and not in the front.

Nice assumption.

Nice assumption.

Have you ever been to a New York restaurant?
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Except there's nothing for me to have to "defend" or say "my bad" to.

It was and continues to be my opinion exactly as stated in the quote you made.

Of course there is nothing for you to defend. You read a story and decided she was a diva because she NEEDED reservations. You screwed up, got your facts wrong. End of story.