masterrig

PETA Pissed at Pres...

Saw on the evening news where Pres. Obama was giving an interview in the White House and was being bothered by a fly! Well... he caught and killed the fly. The camera panned to the deceased fly on the carpet. Now, PETA is going nuts and not at all with our fly slaughtering President! Like none of the PETA folks have never killed a bothersome fly? Sheeesh...

Chuck

PETA lost credibility many years ago. I am a pet lover but as southerner, PETA means People Eating Tasty Animals. Remember there is room for all God's creatures, right next the mashed potatoes. :o;)
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Dayum! Here I was, expecting to see some guerilla chick with a beard!:D She just might get one or two converts. Me... I'll stick to beef, pork, veal, venison, elk, rabbit... you get the idea.:D:D

Chuck

Yep, had elk burgers last Sunday, but I like her carrots.
Do your part for global warming: ban beans and hold all popcorn farts.

That joke has been used 44 times in the past few years here on DZ.com. The next person who uses it will be immediately banished to Bonfire, where the repost police will tell you at least that many times that you've reposted it yet again.

That joke has been used 44 times in the past few years here on DZ.com. The next person who uses it will be immediately banished to Bonfire, where the repost police will tell you at least that many times that you've reposted it yet again.

:D:D:D:D IT's scary in the bonfire when you slip up like that.:P
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

Oh how I wish you weren't joking. :P

If you were referring to me as the repost police - I don't care how many times something is posted. That "joke" is SO cliché, so juvenile, so expected (right after "Yum, Meat!") - in fact, you can't find a thread about animal rights or peta that doesn't include it.

It belongs in the bonfire.

Action expresses priority. - Mahatma Ghandi

If they like flys so much then let's help them out. Start live trapping flys and when you have about 2000 of the buggers put them in a box with a chunk of rotting meat to eat and send them to PETA.

That should make them happy. :)

HAMMER:
Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a
kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the
object we are trying to hit.

IT's scary in the bonfire

:D:D:D:D

I should copy that to Bonfire just so they know what SC is saying about them :ph34r:

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

That "joke" is SO cliché, so juvenile, so expected (right after "Yum, Meat!") -

stopping it is like stopping wuffos from saying "you'd never catch me jumping out of a perfectly good airplane"

it's a shame - the nuttiness of militant vegetarians deserves original and funny mockery, not just the same-o, same-o

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

That "joke" is SO cliché, so juvenile, so expected (right after "Yum, Meat!") -

stopping it is like stopping wuffos from saying "you'd never catch me jumping out of a perfectly good airplane"

it's a shame - the nuttiness of militant vegetarians deserves original and funny mockery, not just the same-o, same-o

I spent 20 minutes trying to come up with a skydiving analogy to fit. I guess that's what happens when you haven't jumped in 5 years. :)

But yours is perfect.
As opposed to ignorant, dismissive, hateful or small-minded mockery - Original and funny mockery is always appreciated. At least there is a small chance then that the militant veg*n will unwittingly recognize another's perspective.
;)

Action expresses priority. - Mahatma Ghandi

PETA is actually using a new twist to set their point across.

What's the new twist? They've always used celebrities and other influential people in their campaigns. It's a proven marketing tactic.

My opinion: I don't care who they use. Even though she is using her family name and may become part of the swallywood crowd, she is a reminder of a little history: her grandfather got bounced by SF (Special Forces). I think it was in Bolivia. I wish her well even though I don't do PTA.
Do your part for global warming: ban beans and hold all popcorn farts.