Andy9o8

Baptist Preacher Prays for Obama's Death

http://blogs.ocweekly.com/navelgazing/a-clockwork-orange/rev-wiley-drake-prays-for-obam/

Rev. Wiley Drake Prays for Obama's Death

Somehow, we here at Weekly HQ missed that the Rev. Wiley Drake of First Southern Baptist Church in Buena Park not only declared last week that the murder of Kansas abortion Dr. George Tiller had been the answer to his "imprecatory" prayers, but that the so-called Man of God later announced he'd made a similar prayer of death for President Barack Obama.

Listen for yourself above. [link to audio clip]

Drake said on the June 2 Fox News Radio broadcast that he didn't understand why people were upset with his comments, which were quoted from a webcast of his own daily radio talk show.

"Imprecatory prayer is agreeing with God, and if people don't like that, they need to talk to God," Drake told invisible host Alan Colmes. "God said it, I didn't. I was just agreeing with God."

Asked if there are others for whom Drake is praying "imprecatory prayer," Drake hesitated before answering that there are several. "The usurper that is in the White House is one, B. Hussein Obama," he said.

Colmes later pressed Drake to ensure he had heard the preacher right.

"Are you praying for his death?" Colmes asked.

"Yes," Drake replied.

"So you're praying for the death of the president of the United States?"

"Yes."

Colmes asked if he was concerned he might be placed on a Secret Service or FBI watch list. "I think it's appropriate to pray the Word of God," Drake answered. "I'm not saying anything. What I am doing is repeating what God is saying, and if that puts me on somebody's list, then I'll just have to be on their list."

"You would like for the president of the United States to die?" Colmes asked once more.

"If he does not turn to God and does not turn his life around, I am asking God to enforce imprecatory prayers that are throughout the Scripture that would cause him death, that's correct."

Well, to be exact, he's just repeating the fact that God wants Obama dead (according to him, that is!) He really has no say in the matter; it's all what God wants.

People like that worry me a lot more than people who just want someone dead because they hate them. I mean, you can deal with hate, work it out. But when you think God wants someone killed? Well, who's going to argue with God?

Well, who's going to argue with God?

Evidently not Evan Thomas of Newsweek:

I mean in a way Obama’s standing above the country, above – above the world, he’s sort of God. He’s-

Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

An excellent irrelevant comment, diversion and Obama slam in a single post! Bravo sir.

What can I say, Bill - your continuing examples inspire me to ever-greater efforts in emulation of you.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

An excellent irrelevant comment, diversion and Obama slam in a single post! Bravo sir.

Actually, I think we are seeing the death of Obama. Not one of his life but one of his political existance.

Now, I await your distortions and spin of my post.:)
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

What can I say, Bill - your continuing examples inspire me to ever-greater efforts in emulation of you.

:D:D

Best, (and most acurate) post of the thread!!!:D
Abraham Lincoln

>Actually, I think we are seeing the death of Obama.

Yep, Just like climate change ended in 1998. Just like we've learned the real, secret, 100% justifiable reasons we invaded Iraq.

I guess you can pray for whatever you like - but it doesn't make it come true (fortunately for us.)

>Actually, I think we are seeing the death of Obama.

Yep, Just like climate change ended in 1998. Just like we've learned the real, secret, 100% justifiable reasons we invaded Iraq.

I guess you can pray for whatever you like - but it doesn't make it come true (fortunately for us.)

:D

Deep in the sand dude. Nice as I can put it, deep in the sand!:D
Abraham Lincoln

Well, to be exact, he's just repeating the fact that God wants Obama dead (according to him, that is!) He really has no say in the matter; it's all what God wants.

I'd love to hear his conversation with the Secret Service when they come to talk to him.

I'd love to hear his conversation with the Secret Service when they come to talk to him.

Now YOU have a point!!!
Abraham Lincoln

Christians are fucking nutty.

No, people in all areas can BE nutty. To what extent is based on your views and beliefs.

In all cases, a very few are really dangerous.
Abraham Lincoln

No, people in all areas can BE nutty. To what extent is based on your views and beliefs.

I hate it when I feel a need to apologize for some vocal, predominant, Christian spokesperson that makes these absurd statements. Every Christian grounded in Scripture recognizes the folly of this preacher's foolishness. The shame is that all those who do not know Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour jump on these comments with the attitude of the top quote. It is sad. Not because there is no substance to the preacher's position but, sad because it conjures a fantasy in the mind of the nonbeliever that if he becomes a believer he must identify with the aforementioned nut. No you do not. I have been an active Christian minister, counselor, teacher and servant of our Lord for 28 years and I in no way think or believe that position has any merit what so ever.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

I hate it when I feel a need to apologize for some vocal, predominant, Christian spokesperson that makes these absurd statements. Every Christian grounded in Scripture recognizes the folly of this preacher's foolishness. The shame is that all those who do not know Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour jump on these comments with the attitude of the top quote. It is sad. Not because there is no substance to the preacher's position but, sad because it conjures a fantasy in the mind of the nonbeliever that if he becomes a believer he must identify with the aforementioned nut. No you do not. I have been an active Christian minister, counselor, teacher and servant of our Lord for 28 years and I in no way think or believe that position has any merit what so ever.

Why should a nonbeliever take your opinion as any more valid than that of the Baptist Preacher of Death? He IS a spokesman for Christianity, as was the pope who authorized the Inquisition.
If you can't fix it with a hammer, the problem's electrical.

Please, I need your help.

I have read your reply to me multiple times and I am having a hard time figuring out what you are trying to say. ( I think you and I agree)

Please?
Abraham Lincoln

Be interesting what God tells him to say...
:D:D:D:D
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

"The shame is that all those who do not know Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour"........

HA HA HA . he aint my saviour dude. i dont need one because i am not in fear of burning in the fires of hell for all time just because i dont accept your silly and very damaging invisible friend. The god of the desert is a horrible , vengeful, angry, nasty prick who is obviously the product of the minds of the bronze age people who lived in this desert at that time. Its not that we are made in HIS image, Its that HE is made in our image ( paranoid, frightened of change, quick to stone to death or crucify) These Baptist idiots are just as bad as the Islamist holy warriors. A real stain on humanity.

I do however support free speech and he is welcome to say these things. all he is doing is making all you God botherers look even more insane than usual.

Jesus Saves!

Every Christian grounded in Scripture recognizes the folly of this preacher's foolishness.

EXCEPT for that 'Christian preacher' who is also apparently grounded in Scripture.....and probably some or many of his followers.

Even preachers get people to hate other people for their own 'valid reasons' http://www.godhatesfags.com/

I have no time for it.

And you are right - you should be apologizing for your religion. It discredits the entire Christian philosophy - as it should.

Now go away and keep your friggin' religion out of my society - at the very least, out of my government, my schools, my military......