wayneflorida

Defendent----Somalia pirate

Not much have been discussed here about his
charges and future trial.
Are we breeding more pirates to hate us?
Are more muslims going to hate us?
Will c.a.i.r. get involved?
Too young to try?
Can he get a fair trial?
Where is legal precedence on this.
What did the Navy do with the bodies of the three
other pirates?

Who gives a fuck.
Are more muslims going to hate us?
Who gives a fuck.
Will c.a.i.r. get involved?
Who gives a fuck.
Too young to try?
Too young to be a pirate?
Can he get a fair trial?
Out there; due process is a bullet to the head.
Pirate Law - didn't you see Pirates of the Caribbean?
What did the Navy do with the bodies of the three other pirates?
Sharks gotta eat too.

You now what... I'm getting real tired of other countries throwing questions of scrutiny at the USA for everything we do and America feeling as though She needs to bow her head in apology. America has more reasons to stand proud in the court of global opinion than to kneel as an admonished servant.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

my thoughts exactly...this will proly spur more pirates to simply surrender to the US...i mean, life in a prison here has got to be better than life "free" over there. Sure not everyone has it bad, but lets face it, when he gets a life sentence, he'll be getting a roof over his head, and 3 meals a day for the rest of his life, paid for by you and me...poor kid[:/]

I think the motives of pirates is more capitalistic than idealistic.

Can he get a fair trial?

Maybe, maybe not. What he won't get is a jury of his peers. It remains to be seen whether that will work in his favor or against him.

I'm not sure what the legal precedence is, but I'm fairly certain there are precedents. Piracy is a reemerging problem, not a new problem. Article I of the Constitution authorizes Congress to "define and punish Piracies and Felonies committed on the high Seas." I would be very surprised if they have not done exactly that at some point in the past.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

I would be very surprised if they have not done exactly that at some point in the past.

I seem to remember a little sumpin about Thomas Jefferson and the Barbary Pirates and a cool secret mission and a song about the "shores of Tripoli."
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

>we should have just given the pirates some flowers and bailout money

And teabags. No one can resist the sheer power of the teabag.

he'll probably get that in prison

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

>he'll probably get that in prison

True. And all the skeletons and the dog with the keys in his mouth and the hilariously incompetent jailer.

Although if the Flying Spaghetti Monster people are right, this will just make the global warming problem worse. (See below.)

>we should have just given the pirates some flowers and bailout money

And teabags. No one can resist the sheer power of the teabag.

he'll probably get that in prison

What's with the 3-hots and a cot and tea-bags bull...
The guy's a pirate!
He's supposed to walk the plank!

mumble... mumble... sheeesh...

I'm serious here!!!

Chuck

I have an idea. Get an old cargo vessel, fill is with junk and have it sit low in the water. Staff it with a Captain, a Cargo crew, and about 100 marines hiding below deck. Put a 6" deck gun and hide it under a fake crate. Cruize that fucker around the horn a few times and see what other leaches you can draw out of the water.
=========Shaun ==========

Good :)Nobody is feeling sorry for the guy, but that's
what I expected.

I read that the other pirates are going to target
US ships in retaliation. :D:D:D:D

According to a news story I read, there is a lot of 'sympathy' for the 'pirate leader', due to his 'youth' Now, they are claiming he's more like 15-16-yrs. old. Also, it has been said that he is 'mis-guided' due to his 'lyfe' in somalia. To me, at 15 - 16 yrs. old, that's old enough to know the difference between right and wrong.
I don't think, he'll be hung from a yard-arm but, he should have to answer for what he's done.

Chuck

>Also, it has been said that he is 'mis-guided' due to his 'lyfe' in somalia.

So put him on trial, and if he's found guilty (which he probably will be if the story's accurate) put him in jail for the rest of his life. If his early life was so bad it will be an improvement anyway.

>Also, it has been said that he is 'mis-guided' due to his 'lyfe' in somalia.

So put him on trial, and if he's found guilty (which he probably will be if the story's accurate) put him in jail for the rest of his life. If his early life was so bad it will be an improvement anyway.

I agree! Ya' gotta know, when you board a ship and fire shots at the captain of that ship and procede to rob the ship's safe... you screwed-up. I don't care how old you are. Try him as an adult and see how it shakes-out. No way, can we let him get away with it! As for whether or not his life is better or not in prison, you have no idea how little I care.

Chuck