Andy9o8

Republican Party: Losing the Battle for Brains

Nothing what so ever....except for the closeted ones.. who go out of their way to damage the rights of other gays by their actions.... and creating a climate where its ok for closeted homophobic men to beat and kill a gay man because of their inner desires.. or their former experements... and their NEED to show their good buddies that they could not POSSIBLE be GAY to cover those feelings and desires..

How about you..what do you have against them???

Nothing what so ever. And I'm very happy I have no idea what that rant was about.
The forecast is mostly sunny with occasional beer.

Nothing what so ever....except for the closeted ones.. who go out of their way to damage the rights of other gays by their actions.... and creating a climate where its ok for closeted homophobic men to beat and kill a gay man because of their inner desires.. or their former experements... and their NEED to show their good buddies that they could not POSSIBLE be GAY to cover those feelings and desires..

Nothing what so ever. And I'm very happy I have no idea what that rant was about.

Have a few more beers.. maybe it will come to you.

T'would seem this article's author lives in a fantasy world. I didn't see a landslide election by any means. In the wake of one of the most unpopular Presidents in history in an economic downturn with a gifted orator as a candidate, a 70+ year old man as an opponent, and the majority of the media BLATANTLY biased in the Dem's favor, they couldn't pull out a landslide.

Battle of the brains lost? Only in the author's dreams.

Anybody who considers size of government irrelevant should retake grade school math.

:S

Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

T'would seem this article's author lives in a fantasy world. I didn't see a landslide election by any means. In the wake of one of the most unpopular Presidents in history in an economic downturn with a gifted orator as a candidate, a 70+ year old man as an opponent, and the majority of the media BLATANTLY biased in the Dem's favor, they couldn't pull out a landslide.

Anybody who considers size of government irrelevant should retake grade school math.

So when are you going to give up your government job... or are you going to be sucking off of the taxpayers for the rest of your life:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Have a few more beers.. maybe it will come to you.

I'll pass on the beers. From your spelling it looks like you've had a few. Care to explain who killed who?

I'll pass on the beers. From your spelling it looks like you've had a few. Care to explain who killed who?

Care to use your brain and read what I wrote.. and think of context... Use a few of those brain cells... get some synaptic transmissions going...

It means you're a snooty ivory tower elitist who probably speaks French! Joe Six-Pack, Joe the Plumber, Sarah Palin and all the other real Americans out there aren't brainiacs on the nerd patrol like this guy.

There you go hatin' on Joe six-pack again. You don't think he's an intellectual? The guy is a tradesman (sort of), a journalist, a political strategist. he's a fucking renaissance man!

When a first term black Senator wins President, that's a landslide.

I love the way the Republicans on this forum provide evidence in support of the thesis.

One of my favorite Republicans – & there are quite few favorites :)former Oklahoma Representative Mickey Edwards (who also happens to be married to a Democratic strategist) has made similar criticisms with regard to the rise of an anti-intellectual theme with in the Republic party:

“The Republican Party long stood for the principles at the heart of the American Constitution, including a belief in the wonderful possibilities of self-government (instead of the anti-government rhetoric it has since embraced). It celebrated ideas instead of the rabid anti-intellectualism it has come to cherish.”[/url]

For those inclined, I highly recommend Rep Edward's book “Reclaiming Conservatism: How a Great American Political Movement Got Lost–And How It Can Find Its Way Back.”

If you prefer listening over reading, one can also listen to him speak at the Library of Congress last March. To paraphrase Rep Edwards, being thoughtful, reflective, and educated should not be characterized as a ‘bad’ thing.

Anti-intellectualism, of which anti-science is a sector example, doesn’t benefit the country regardless of party/region/class/race/ethnic group.

/Marg

Here's another quote from Rep. Ron Paul (R):

A substantial portion of the conservative movement has become a parody of its former self. Once home to distinguished intellectuals and men of letters, it now tolerates and even encourages anti-intellectualism and jingoism that would have embarrassed earlier generations of conservative thinkers.

Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

It means you're a snooty ivory tower elitist who probably speaks French! Joe Six-Pack, Joe the Plumber, Sarah Palin and all the other real Americans out there aren't brainiacs on the nerd patrol like this guy.

There you go hatin' on Joe six-pack again. You don't think he's an intellectual? The guy is a tradesman (sort of), a journalist, a political strategist. he's a fucking renaissance man!

So are Jackie & Dunlap of Red State Update!:P:D
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

Care to use your brain and read what I wrote.. and think of context... Use a few of those brain cells... get some synaptic transmissions going...

Apparently my synaptic transmission fluid is low.

Seriously, if it's an attempt at a PA, it's a poor one. If you're referring to a specific instance of violence, my knowledge of hate crimes is just not very extensive.

Come on, they came up with Sarah Palin as the VP candidate.

And electing a black president is a landslide. I mean you guys are still backwards enough to have seperate high school proms, one for whites and one for non-whites.

And electing a black president is a landslide. I mean you guys are still backwards enough to have seperate high school proms, one for whites and one for non-whites.

HUH?!

I went to high school TWENTY years ago.... and even back then, there was no separation. I don't know what movies you're watching... but it's not my reality.

HUH?!

I went to high school TWENTY years ago.... and even back then, there was no separation. I don't know what movies you're watching... but it's not my reality.

Might not be your reality, but it is your countries reality, or in the least was the reality until 2008.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=91371629

Might not be your reality, but it is your countries reality, or in the least was the reality until 2008.

Pot... Meet Kettle.

Racial Segregation of Native Peoples in Canada

My work firewall blocks the website that links too. I'll have to look at it from home.

But, I'll certainly agree with you that Canada is far from perfect. I would be the last to stick my head in the sand and say that it doesn't happen....