airdvr

Obama Countdown

Four years ago the media was lambasting Bush for the money spent on the celebrations in DC. This year, not a peep of dissent. The "chosen one" is breaking a record for the amount of money spent on an inauguration, even though nationally we're in a recession, and the media has wet its pants in excitement for the festivities.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Four years ago the media was lambasting Bush for the money spent on the celebrations in DC. This year, not a peep of dissent. The "chosen one" is breaking a record for the amount of money spent on an inauguration, even though nationally we're in a recession, and the media has wet its pants in excitement for the festivities.

Agreed. I think Bush spent 40 million. Barack is closing on 100 million. Bush had to declare aq state of emergency to get funding for Barry's party.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

I think Bush spent 40 million. Barack is closing on 100 million. Bush had to declare aq state of emergency to get funding for Barry's party.

Hey, you just simply gotta' adjust for inflation.........:D
The older I get the less I care who I piss off.

I think Bush spent 40 million. Barack is closing on 100 million.

It is part of the Keynesian spending plan. :P

But, I think most of the money is private, so I don't care. I *DO* remember the left getting all upset about Bush and the total and I find it funny (but not surprising) that they are silent now.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

But, I think most of the money is private, so I don't care.

The emergency declaration -- based on crowd projections, not the weather -- came less than a week after D.C. Mayor Adrian M. Fenty (D) asked for the aid, citing estimates of 1.5 million to 2 million people expected to attend, according to a Bush administration spokesman. The city has projected its tab for the inauguration at $47 million, about three times as much as Congress has given the District.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

I think Bush spent 40 million. Barack is closing on 100 million. Bush had to declare aq state of emergency to get funding for Barry's party.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey, you just simply gotta' adjust for inflation.........

Nah this is what happens when the people are happy with the person they have elected as opposed to being terribly unsure about celebrating a debacle after the appointment of a president by the Supreme Court.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nah this is what happens when the people are happy with the person they have elected as opposed to being terribly unsure about celebrating a debacle after the appointment of a president by the Supreme Court.

The complaints from the left had nothing to with public opinion of Bush. It was a crticism for wasting money.

The Associated Press moved a story that asked, "With that kind of money, what could you buy?" The answer, the wire service said: "200 armored Humvees ... vaccinations and preventive health care for 22 million children ... and a down payment on the nation's deficit."

--------------------------------------------------
Stay positive and love your life.

Yeah.. that whole armored Humvee thing... too bad you guys did not give those to our troops before they were sent into harms way. ITs a little late after hundreds of your fellow americans are dead because you dont give a rats ass. Its the NEO-CON thing to do.

Thbbbt! Reposts. :P

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3445173#3445173

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3445763#3445763

The Associated Press moved a story that asked, "With that kind of money, what could you buy?" The answer, the wire service said: "200 armored Humvees ... vaccinations and preventive health care for 22 million children ... and a down payment on the nation's deficit."

:D:D:D

Can anyone really take that seriously?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

:D:D:D
The older I get the less I care who I piss off.

so it is ok to waste 2-3 times the amount of tax payers money just because they like the guy? Obama doesn't even have a track record to tell us even if he could be good at being potus.

Four years ago the people were happy with the person they elected as President.
Which President was appointed by the Supreme Court?
HAMMER:
Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a
kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the
object we are trying to hit.

I think Bush spent 40 million. Barack is closing on 100 million.

It is part of the Keynesian spending plan. :P

But, I think most of the money is private, so I don't care. I *DO* remember the left getting all upset about Bush and the total and I find it funny (but not surprising) that they are silent now.

I wonder which corporations donated to Bush's inauguration and what they got in return. Did he release of list of donor's as Obama has? In any case, with a tab that high, I guess I'll have to go donate some more money to Obama, to help cover the cost of this party. I think a celebration of this magnitude warrants a good bottle of wine too, just to cheer our survival of the Bush years and toast those who weren't so fortunate.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

I think a celebration of this magnitude warrants a good bottle of wine too, just to cheer our survival of the Bush years and toast those who weren't so fortunate.

You are free to feel lthat way if you wish. You are free to donate if you wish.

But you should at least admit that it is silly for people to have bitched about how much was spent last time, to cheer this time when the amount is much greater.

And only time will tell how Obama does. To qoute J. Wayne, "I didn't vote for him, but he is my President and I hope he does a good job."

I hope we have no attacks, I hope the economy grows, I hope peace comes to the middle east, I hope the BoR is not thrown away. But honestly Obama's love of FDR and the "New Deal" does not make me feel good about the future. You are of course free to feel otherwise.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

>But you should at least admit that it is silly for people to have bitched
>about how much was spent last time, to cheer this time when the
>amount is much greater.

Yep. I will get a good laugh over all the conservatives who attack Obama's inaugural expenses after defending Bush's inaugural expenditures tooth and nail.

>amount is much greater.

Yep. I will get a good laugh over all the conservatives who attack Obama's inaugural expenses after defending Bush's inaugural expenditures tooth and nail.

The same as those who protested Bush's expenses defending a price tage 2-3 times higher.

Yeah.. that whole armored Humvee thing... too bad you guys did not give those to our troops before they were sent into harms way. ITs a little late after hundreds of your fellow americans are dead because you dont give a rats ass. Its the NEO-CON thing to do.

So Obama is just doing the same thing Bush did, only much bigger?

>amount is much greater.

Ah, so you are fine when one party does something and against it when the other does it....Got it.

Your type cheer when Obama spends 100m, but bitched about Bush spending 50m. And the only reason is the political party.