feuergnom

all email-trafic to be stored in england

this was my feebl attempt as a non-native speaker to add some sarcasm. i guess it didn't work to good, did it?

btw: is there a new fashion regarding avatars?
The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle

dudeist skydiver # 666

this was my feebl attempt as a non-native speaker to add some sarcasm. i guess it didn't work to good, did it?

btw: is there a new fashion regarding avatars?

There is some sad shit happeining over here but, man, I read about this, and the cameras and past shit and we all know (not just over there) there is more coming.

I just have to wonder, even though it is being done a chunk at a time, when are we the people going to look at our governments and say, "thats it, your fucking done?"

I glad we got the multi million count of weapons in the private sector over here. Some day, they may come in handy[:/]I hope it never comes to that>
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Having applied for RIPA authority a number of times it's not easy. I've only had it authorised once and that wasn't 'directed surveillance'.

E-mail traffic wont be stored for review either. There will be no database. It will be a specific interception of a targets e-mail traffic. Average Joe won't be affected at all.

What Scoop Sez!

It's basically a move to allow eMail interception to be authorised by a Chief Constable, rather than a judge. The idea is that it can be done (to a target criminal) quicker.

It'll make no difference to almost everyone in the UK... Unless you want to buy a battery for your Rolex, or discuss how to Kill Bush! B|

It's the same with the street cameras, since most of us don't go around flashing or mugging, the cameras aren't noticed.[:/]

Same with speed cameras... Those of us who don't drive around at Mach-2 aren't affected. Those who do ARE!:$

I appreciate that there's the whole; "First they came for..." Thing, But I don't recall the poem including; "First they came for the criminals, and I did nothing, for I wasn't a criminal.":S

Mike/

Taking the piss out of the FrenchAmericans since before it was fashionable.

Prenait la pisse hors du FrançaisCanadiens méridionaux puisqu'avant lui à la mode.

so far, there's been a lot of talk on american "homeland security". but what is going on in merry old england clicky isn't bad either :|

No not all, the contents are not stored, just the details that it was sent/received and who the recipient and sender were.

I'd be amazed if there were not programs that scanned email in the USA and other countries, if you could dig into the bush secret executive orders i'm sure you'd find one ordering it, they have publicly state they bug international phone calls, emails would be just an extension of this.

It might be worth realising 'Big Brother' can and will access your hard drive whenever you're online, if he so wishes.

So I wouldn't worry about your e-mails. . .:ph34r:

'for it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "chuck 'im out, the brute!" But it's "saviour of 'is country" when the guns begin to shoot.'

It might be worth realising 'Big Brother' can and will access your hard drive whenever you're online, if he so wishes.

Maybe he can access your's. Mine, boring as it is, is safe.

People in the UK can all discover the beauty of PGP, and the fun of sending large tarballs back and forth to keep their nosy inspectors busy.

Maybe he can access your's. Mine, boring as it is, is safe.

Is it? I'm referring to your hard drive, not e-mails. But why on earth encrypt your e-mails for others to then have to decrypt if you've nothing to hide? Besides, PGP is breakable. If you want an unbreakable method, used since WWII, use a OTP.

People in the UK can all discover the beauty of PGP, and the fun of sending large tarballs back and forth to keep their nosy inspectors busy.

Sounds like hours of fun.:)

'for it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "chuck 'im out, the brute!" But it's "saviour of 'is country" when the guns begin to shoot.'

The naivete here is the presumption that e-mail isn't already routinely archived. Silly sheep.

We are just a poor humble island. Working for 'the man' we don't even have a stationary store in our office, thats how ill equipped we are! :D

The thought of a room full of banks of hard drives and servers intercepting emails is quite amusing. They can't even get the voicemail to work here! :D