dgskydive

Bush cant even get his pardons right

oh wait. here is why he did it.

The White House also learned Toussie's father made numerous contributions to leading Republican politicians.

In 2008, Toussie's father donated almost $40,000 to Arizona Sen. John McCain, Minnesota Sen. Norm Coleman, Oregon Sen. Gordon Smith, and Virginia Rep. Eric Cantor.

Dom

No, he didn't lift the pardon because of the contributions, he lifted the pardon because the public learned of the contributions.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

No, he didn't lift the pardon because of the contributions, he lifted the pardon because the public learned of the contributions.

They paid to play.. and as long as it stays secret... so the Administration does not have to LOOK as dirty as it is.. they can claim and appear to be moral to their very delusional base.

They paid to play.. and as long as it stays secret... so the Administration does not have to LOOK as dirty as it is.. they can claim and appear to be moral to their very delusional base.

Don't blame malice for things that can be adequately explained by stupidity.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

What an idiot!! With everything that is going on with the mortgage market, why would he even do it in the first place?

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/12/24/bush.pardon.reexamined/index.html

40K? That what a pardon costs nowadays. Pretty cheap if you ask me. I've been smart enough to never get convicted of a felony. Gues that's why I'm poor. [:/]
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

40K? That what a pardon costs nowadays. Pretty cheap if you ask me. I've been smart enough to never get convicted of a felony. Gues that's why I'm poor. [:/]

That's what it costs to get your pardon revoked. Did you read the article?

--------------------------------------------------
Stay positive and love your life.

Would you rather he not reversed the pardon?

I would rather he had done his homework and never have issued the pardon to this person in the 1st place. Just another example of his stupidity. This type of person is one of the reasons that the US is in such a bad state at the moment.

Like another poster said. The public found out and that is probably the only reason he is thinking of reversing this pardon. Just one more example of how completely corrupt our govt. has become.
Dom

Would you rather he not reversed the pardon? :S

Like Clinton did (not)?

:D

These Bush haters are getting funnier by the week:D
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

I would rather he had done his homework and never have issued the pardon to this person in the 1st place

That is something you and President Bush both agree on. ;)
I seriously doubt the contributions were a factor in his getting a pardon in the first place. The relatively small donations are hardly worth the public uproar that even Bush would surely expect would follow.
I'm not a big Bush supporter by any means, but I think this time he is actually telling the truth.
HAMMER:
Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a
kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the
object we are trying to hit.

I seriously doubt the contributions were a factor in his getting a pardon in the first place.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Is it true that you have a bridge for sale? There may be a buyer.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I seriously doubt the contributions were a factor in his getting a pardon in the first place.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

It is unfortunate that you have so much hate built up that you fail to consider any possibility other than the one that puts Bush in the worst light possible.
I truly feel sorry for you.
HAMMER:

It is unfortunate that you have so much hate built up that you fail to consider any possibility other than the one that puts Bush in the worst light possible.

So what other possibility is there? How can this pardon be put in a better light? Please take away some of my "hate".

He has pardoned one of the people that lead to one of, it not the worst times in American history. Well I guess Bush should feel bad about it though, since because of his stance on regulation of these people lead to the problem in the first place.

You really think that Bush is not an awful president? What drugs are you on and can you please share them with the rest of the American Public. We really need a release from the past 8 years.

He stole his first election with the help of his brother and helped to create the fear that was needed to win the second election.

As far as the donations not being large amounts of money....... well you need to look at what amounts people usually donate to political parties and the limits that we have on such donations. That is a VERY large donation to a political party.

but I think this time he is actually telling the truth.

The truth is that he either didnt do his homework or he is stupid enough to think that no one would find out or care about this pardon. I dont know which reason is worse.
Dom

So what other possibility is there? How can this pardon be put in a better light? Please take away some of my "hate".

He has pardoned one of the people that lead to one of, it not the worst times in American history. Well I guess Bush should feel bad about it though, since because of his stance on regulation of these people lead to the problem in the first place.

You really think that Bush is not an awful president? What drugs are you on and can you please share them with the rest of the American Public. We really need a release from the past 8 years.

He stole his first election with the help of his brother and helped to create the fear that was needed to win the second election.

As far as the donations not being large amounts of money....... well you need to look at what amounts people usually donate to political parties and the limits that we have on such donations. That is a VERY large donation to a political party.

but I think this time he is actually telling the truth.

The truth is that he either didnt do his homework or he is stupid enough to think that no one would find out or care about this pardon. I dont know which reason is worse.

What other possibility? Do you even read these posts before replying? There is the possibility that it all happened just the way he said it did...that he did not know of the political donations when he pardoned the guy. When he found out about the donations, he retracted the pardon. THAT possibilty.
No, I don't think he was an awful President. I don't think he was great or even good, but he wasn't awful. I won't bother explaining why I feel that way since it is evident your mind is made up that he is the Devil himself.
Your hate is for you to deal with. A therapist may be able to help. I'm sure you can find one in the phone book.
HAMMER:

What other possibility? Do you even read these posts before replying? There is the possibility that it all happened just the way he said it did...that he did not know of the political donations when he pardoned the guy. When he found out about the donations, he retracted the pardon. THAT possibilty.
No, I don't think he was an awful President. I don't think he was great or even good, but he wasn't awful. I won't bother explaining why I feel that way since it is evident your mind is made up that he is the Devil himself.
Your hate is for you to deal with. A therapist may be able to help. I'm sure you can find one in the phone book.

Yes I read all the posts and the article. I am the one that posted it in the first place.

The fact that he claims he wasnt aware of the donations just proves my point. In the best case he is irresponsible.

As far as retracting the pardon. Read carefully. He has retracted nothing and in fact it is up to others to reverse the pardon. He wont even do that.

I used hate in quotes. That was sarcasm.

I am pissed at him and the way he has handled his stolen time as our president. I am pissed that the way our government has become so corrupt and the fact that they no longer serve the American people, but instead only worry about making themselves and corporations richer.

What ever happened to "For the People"? Instead we have "For the corporations". If you think this last statement is incorrect then I really want some of the drugs you are on.
Dom

What ever happened to "For the People"? Instead we have "For the corporations".

As a matter of fact, I happen to agree with you on that. Bush didn't start it, nor did he do anything about it. That was going on long before he ever took office.
If you still feel he stole the election, maybe you should study up on civics. An understanding of how our government and it's systems work would go a long way to helping you understand why his election was completely legit and legal, as was his re-election.
Most sore losers got over that years ago.
I, for one, am looking forward to moving on after 16 years of self absorbed idiots for President.
HAMMER:

Jesus Christ, your old man did not know a lot, isn't it? How many times "did he not know ...."??? :S

You think a therapist might help? His waiting room will be a bit crowded, several billions or so ..... LMAO ;);)

:P

dudeist skydiver # 3105

An understanding of how our government and it's systems work would go a long way to helping you understand why his election was completely legit and legal, as was his re-election.

I do understand how the system works. but it is interesting how one can win the Presidency without winning the popular vote, especially when that deciding state was run by his brother. I do believe that to be completely WRONG. Even though it has only happened 3 times on our countries history. That does show in my opinion a VERY big flaw in our system and seems to go against the principles of democracy. What that says is that not every vote is equal.

As far as getting over it years ago and him winning a 2nd time. I already said that I voted for him the 1st time. My vote was more for the people that he had around him. Mainly Colin Powell and Dick Cheney. Boy was I wrong about Cheney!!!!

I sure didnt vote for him the 2nd time though.
Dom

Florida was the deciding state? What happened to the other 49? Florida wasn't the only state with a close vote, it was just the one that Gore thought he had the best chance of getting a recount in his favor. But, as it turned out, no matter how many times they counted the votes, he still lost.

Yes, it is interesting. But that is the way our system works. And I agree that it subtracts from the value of some citizens votes. This last election ended up being the large population centers that are both coasts deciding the future of a country locked between them. We'll have to wait and see how that works out.
HAMMER:

Florida was the deciding state?

I will agree that obviously the other states had something to due with it....... but, since the final out come was 271- 266. I think it is fair to look at that state of florida results as very questionable. Funny how their system became all screwed up in 2000 with the Bush boys on the loose.
Dom

Florida had a normal amount of problems that year. Every state has problems every year. Florida 2000 only jumps out because Gore chose that state to make a stand. If he had chose another state than IT would be the one remembered.
HAMMER: