dgskydive

Bush cant even get his pardons right

If you are refering to the crime for which Bill clinton was impeached, the actual crime was for lying to a grand jury. The last I checked, perjury was a pretty serious crime.

I agree, but I would rather have a president that lied about a blow job, then one that lied about why he took our country to war.
Dom

If he really wanted to serve his country, he could have at least joined the Regular service.

Not knocking the national guard really, but playing weekend warrior doesnt cut it for some of us. That being said. I do respect the National Guard, but seems like the cheap way to go for a future president.

I can assure you that at that time.. getting into the National Guard was a very difficult achievement.. unless your father and family was very well connected like Bush, Quayle, etc.

Also .. not showing up for duty to most in the military is called AWOL.. and after a given time.. desertion.

If you are refering to the crime for which Bill clinton was impeached, the actual crime was for lying to a grand jury. The last I checked, perjury was a pretty serious crime.

Do you have any evidence that Bush was a chicken?

To the Religious hypocrites that support the far right it sure is...I guess what you dont get should be prohibited for everyone else:ph34r:

Actions speak louder than all of your words to the contrary.

it is surprising to see someone, who claims to take pride in having served their country, completely dimiss a sitting president perjuring himself.
Other than that I have nothing else to say. It is evident that you prefer hypocritical slander.
HAMMER:
Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a
kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the
object we are trying to hit.

In case you haven't noticed, it seems from the last few elections that active partcipation in a combat zone is not the way to get into the White House. The last President who actually fought in a war was Bush 1.
Bush 2 avoided by being in th NG, and Clinton just flat out dodged any service at all. As far as I know, Obama was never in the military either.
HAMMER:

It is more than evident that you support your Imperious Leader in war crimes and buttfucking the american taxpayer to the tune of TRILLIONS of dollars for the personal gain of his buddies.I will continue to point this out for you...

I am among those who anxiously await Bush leaving the White House and ending 16 years of self absorbed idiots sitting in the Oval Office. (Am I repeating myself here?) So, you see, I am not a loyal follower of Bush in any way, so save your self-rightous "I served so i am better than ya'll" BS for someone else.
Dismissed.
HAMMER:

In case you haven't noticed, it seems from the last few elections that active partcipation in a combat zone is not the way to get into the White House. The last President who actually fought in a war was Bush 1.
Bush 2 avoided by being in th NG, and Clinton just flat out dodged any service at all. As far as I know, Obama was never in the military either.

Of course I know this, but you asked for proof that he is a chicken. I think that makes him a chicken.

Bush 1, had a plan during the 1st Gulf War. We had a defined mission and once that mission was over we got out. just like we should have. He also has Colin Powell (one of the best military leaders of our time) to help keep him on track in that regard.

Clinton at least didnt get us into a false war.

Junior....well...... he is junior and you see where he got us.

As far as Obama. I hope that he ends up having the sense that Junior lacks. I wont judge him until he gives us something to judge him on.

For the record. I do think that a requirement to be President of the US, should be to have served on Active duty in the Armed Forces. Gives them something to think about before they decide to send our countries youth off to die.
Dom

I can assure you that at that time.. getting into the National Guard was a very difficult achievement.. unless your father and family was very well connected like Bush, Quayle, etc.

Also .. not showing up for duty to most in the military is called AWOL.. and after a given time.. desertion.

That is fact. Had I or any other soldier pulled that they would have been charged. But then again, we dont have the daddy he has.
Dom

For the record. I do think that a requirement to be President of the US, should be to have served on Active duty in the Armed Forces. Gives them something to think about before they decide to send our countries youth off to die.

I agree 100%.
HAMMER:

No, I don't believe I am.

We will just have to agree to disagree on that. No where did Amazon act or say anything to deserve that comment.

It is more than evident that you support your Imperious Leader in war crimes and buttfucking the american taxpayer to the tune of TRILLIONS of dollars for the personal gain of his buddies

Her insinuation that I would support such behavior deserved the reply I gave her.
HAMMER:

Its ok Dom....

Its more real than all the stupid homilies the same people have been issueing for years now.. This is REALLLLY what "Thanks for your service means to those who were to busy.. or to smart(in their minds) or to good to serve REALLLY feel about those who did. Its evidenced by how most vets are treated and have been when they are no longer needed.

Diminishing the pool of eligible candidates is exactly what this country needs. Nevermind the obvious gender lockout for another 20-30 years. (Is there a single woman in Washington now that would qualify?)

And would Bush's service (awol in the Texas Guard) count? It's funny that after years of going after Dem vietnam dodgers, he successfully turned the service of Gore and Kerry against them. Then in this election, they had a candidate too young to have been in any wars, but McCain's POW experience got obliterated by the bigger economic concerns, as well as the war fatigue.

Diminishing the pool of eligible candidates is exactly what this country needs.

I dont see it as diminishing the pool, but more narrowing it down to the best possible candidates.

And would Bush's service (awol in the Texas Guard) count?

His AWOL status should have ended in a desertion, which is a federal felony (if I am not mistaken) thus he would not have been eligible to run for president.

but McCain's POW experience got obliterated by the bigger economic concerns, as well as the war fatigue.

You are right about this statement. I just want to add that in my opinion, there isnt a republican out there that could have won this election. In my mind, the election was over for the republicans before it even started. That only question was, would we have a woman or an african american
Dom

In Reply To
Diminishing the pool of eligible candidates is exactly what this country needs.

I dont see it as diminishing the pool, but more narrowing it down to the best possible candidates.

Actually Your response is incorrect now that I have thought about it again. Women have served in the Active Duty Military for a long long long long time. Funny thing is most of the olders ones would probably have been nurses or admin jobs.

If one that served as a nurse were to become president. I bet she would think long and hard before sending someone off to die for there country.
Dom

One that would invalidate either of the Democratic frontrunners, while McCain, despite his experience in Vietnam, was willing to continue the war indefinitely. It fails the simplest of tests, and is no different from the tired Starship Trooper discussions on voter eligibility.

I think the older women in politics would take great offense to a declaration that they could only run for President if they had served as a nurse rather than whatever career they seeked.

Those who entered their 20s between 1975 and 1990 had no call to duty. If serving actually discourages future wars, even more people who never had cause. And as Kallend has pointed out, our national interests were much better served letting the scientists on the Manhattan Project build the bomb.

One that would invalidate either of the Democratic frontrunners, while McCain, despite his experience in Vietnam, was willing to continue the war indefinitely. It fails the simplest of tests, and is no different from the tired Starship Trooper discussions on voter eligibility.

I stand by my belief.

I think the older women in politics would take great offense to a declaration that they could only run for President if they had served as a nurse rather than whatever career they seeked.

Maybe I wasnt clear enough in my post. I didnt mean or say that they had to be a nurse. Just stating a fact that the older women in politics, if they had served, would have been in that type of a job.

Those who entered their 20s between 1975 and 1990 had no call to duty. If serving actually discourages future wars,

I also never said that they had to serve in an actual conflict. Simple active duty service would be enough for me.

And as Kallend has pointed out, our national interests were much better served letting the scientists on the Manhattan Project build the bomb.

ok
Dom

And as Kallend has pointed out, our national interests were much better served letting the scientists on the Manhattan Project build the bomb.

That's just the best known and most obvious example. Others include radar, sonar, navigation aids, aerodynamics, engine technology, ballistics, fuel technology, electronics, metallurgy, codebreaking...

Those who are able to do these things are wasted as infantrymen.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

That's just the best known and most obvious example. Others include radar, sonar, navigation aids, aerodynamics, engine technology, ballistics, fuel technology, electronics, metallurgy, codebreaking...

Those who are able to do these things are wasted as infantrymen.

Very true.

Somehow though I doubt very much that if those type of brains were to serve in the military they would be serving in the infantry. Very unlikely
Dom