Amazon

I dont think he likes W too much

did I miss anything in the 9 times I stopped by to read a thread or two?

Yep. Your remaining 22.030 posts .... :P:P

:$
I think most of them are about boobies. Which is why I dont come here often. There are some many other things that grab my attention.

(yes I know its immature, but its all about goofing off)
My photos

My Videos

With about 100,000 Iraqi dead, it's a good possibility that the reporter had friends and maybe even family killed by Americans. If another dictator came to the US and killed our friends and family, it would be entirely appropriate to throw shoes at him.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

Say what you will about Gov Blagojevich, he always comes prepared for just such incidents, by wearing a helmet.

Umm, you misspelled his name. It's Blowjobvich.
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

thanks for posting that Amazon
i heard about it earlier today and so, only Now just saw it...

whoa....

that guy really chucked those shoes!!!B|;)

and bush only "sorta ducked"...

Steinbrenner probably has a scout,, heading out there as we speak!!!! to sign that guy!!!:D

BUT,, did anyone else notice ,,, that NO secret service men.. RUSH to W's defense>?? many many seconds after the second shoe FLIES by his head!!! there's still NO One helping W away from the podium...Sheilding his body with theirs.... Protecting him,,,, in ANY way...
( Not at all the way the secret service guys stepped right UP.. for Ronald Reagan, or decades earlier,, for JFK.....:|..)

it was like everyone Including Bush,,:S stood there waiting for 'the next shoe to fall" ,,,:o:SB| so to speak...:o

Man,, he ought to get the hell outta there,,, and save his farewell " world tour" !!! for well after his retirement...AND pay for it Himself!!!

...Talk about GM execs. taking heat for flying from detroit to D C ... while their companies are bleeding red ink...B|B|>:(:P

well HOW much does it cost to fly Air Force One,,,,??? and all the accompanying circus parade that chases after it???? to the other side of the world and Back???? for a WEEKEND 'getaway'????

Man....I don't think I Like W too much ,, either.:|

jmy

Throwing the shoe at Bush is an insult to Americans. I believe that was the intended message, and as such, Bush was representing the Americans.
IMO, it wasn't funny, but entirely appropriate.
Americans are hated the world over, and it's tough to be in a position of justifying the actions of our current/outbound administration when traveling the world.

For those that think Bush understood the significance of a shoe being tossed his way; I'm certain he didn't. If he gets it at all, it's because someone more intelligent explained to him.
"Throwing a shoe is violent?" My poor cat. I hope the ASPCA doesn't find out.

Say what you will about Gov Blagojevich, he always comes prepared for just such incidents, by wearing a helmet.

Umm, you misspelled his name. It's Blowjobvich.

Bla-goy-a-vitch

Rhymes with

PRISON BITCH

(assuming he is convicted, of course. Innocent before proven guilty, etc );)
Fortunately, I'm adhering to a pretty strict, uh, drug, uh, regimen to keep my mind, you know, uh, limber.
--- The Dude ---

You think actions like that are appropriate? Seriously?

If someone threw a fucking shoe at Ahmadinejad when he was here then you'd be all up in arms about how disrespectful Americans are. The guy threw a temper tantrum and was subsequently tossed into the streets by the secret service. Appropriate is the last word I would use to desribe the situation.

--------------------------------------------------
Stay positive and love your life.

You think actions like that are appropriate? Seriously?

If someone threw a fucking shoe at Ahmadinejad when he was here then you'd be all up in arms about how disrespectful Americans are. .

I would? nope..not me.
I feel it's appropriate that someone had an opportunity to tell America what they feel, directed at the person currently most representative of our country, and currently most responsible for the situation existing in Iraq from a "man on the street" in Iraq. Bush was never at risk, only horribly embarrassed. As should America for the situation we've created over there.
I'm glad I'm not showing a US passport when I'm in places like Dubai, Mumbai, or even Tel Aviv, for that matter.

>But... violence against Bush is ok?

No, it's not - and fortunately no one committed any violence against him.

Bill, in the Dr.s defense, throwing a shoe at a man's head is a violent act.

vi·o·lent Listen to the pronunciation of violent
Pronunciation:
\-lənt\
Function:
adjective
Etymology:
Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Latin violentus; akin to Latin vis strength — more at vim
Date:
14th century

1: marked by extreme force or sudden intense activity
2 a: notably furious or vehement
b: extreme , intense
3: caused by force : not natural

4 a: emotionally agitated to the point of loss of self-control b: prone to commit acts of violence

I believe 1,2, and 4 apply.

I am certain that, if you had an acrimonious debate with someone at work, and they threw a several-page document at you, you would not call the police to report a violent assault. You would simply consider the action rude. Likewise, if you were singing for the Crack Choir in Lost Prairie, and someone who disliked you threw a tomato at you, you would likely not consider that a violent assault; you would likely just get annoyed at the person (and others would probably yell at him and douse him with beer at the very least.)

However, if someone threw a knife at you in a dark parking lot, you might well call the police and be quite justified in doing so.

I am also certain you can see the difference between the two.

Not really, Both are violent acts and neither serves to solve anything. They simply escalate the encounter. We do remember what happens when a negative situation is escalated, don't we?

Violence against another person because of a non life threatening disagreement is never an appropriate action.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

BUT,, did anyone else notice ,,, that NO secret service men.. RUSH to W's defense>??

Watch it again carefully. After the second shoe, there is a guy that come in from screen left and . . . GWB waves him off (watch GWB's right hand carefully). The guy IMMEDIATELY backs off but it looks like he was at least willing to take a third shoe for the President.

As I said before, I find it amazing the guy wasn't immediately shot and that he got off the second shoe. For all anybody knew at the time it could have been a grenade.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I feel it's appropriate that someone had an opportunity to tell America what they feel, directed at the person currently most representative of our country, and currently most responsible for the situation existing in Iraq from a "man on the street" in Iraq.

He didn't tell America what he feels. He didn't say anything. He took his fucking shoe off and threw it at the President like a child having a hissy fit. If you think behavior like that is appropriate in any situation then there's no reasoning with you.

It's absolutely boggles my mind that people would defend assault on the President.

--------------------------------------------------
Stay positive and love your life.

I'm glad I'm not showing a US passport when I'm in places like Dubai, Mumbai, or even Tel Aviv, for that matter.

OK, I'm curious; What passport do you carry?
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

BUT,, did anyone else notice ,,, that NO secret service men.. RUSH to W's defense>??

Watch it again carefully. After the second shoe, there is a guy that come in from screen left and . . . GWB waves him off (watch GWB's right hand carefully). The guy IMMEDIATELY backs off but it looks like he was at least willing to take a third shoe for the President.

As I said before, I find it amazing the guy wasn't immediately shot and that he got off the second shoe. For all anybody knew at the time it could have been a grenade.

Where would this grenade have been hidden ? Up the reporter's ass ? Use a little common sense. Two nation's current top leaders in an enclosed room for a conference. I would be of the opinion that the security checks would be thorough and repititive.
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

He didn't tell America what he feels. He didn't say anything.

Sometimes silence is a very loud statement. The guy made a very loud political statement.
Maybe not one either of us agree with. But a loud one, nonetheless. He risked his life to say something on behalf of his peers.
I don't agree with how/what he did, but admire someone that has the courage to stand up and speak out, regardless of the cause. Dissatisfaction is a catalyst for change. His act may have given a few people a momentary sense of pride, as a whole lot more people have likely felt like throwing shoes, but he had the courage to act on those feelings.
No one was at risk when it occurred, the only person at risk was the aggressor. Like Quade, I'm stunned he wasn't shot at the act, and more surprised he's not being beaten to a pulp by the SS.

He is a protester. Nothing more. He'll probably pay a significantly higher price for his actions than a kid chaining himself to a piece of heavy equipment.
I'm not at all defending his behavior but I'm also not seeing it as a reason to go to war, either. oops... Too late.

one of the few threads in sc that actually contains humor. Great.

If you look closely, it looks like Bush has a smirk on his face as if he found it humourous as well....he didn't really even appear to be phased by it afterwards....Way to go Bush!B|

EDIT

BTW Amazon...congrats on your "hot thread" status...B|

.....lmao, I just heard Bush say "...thats what happens in a free society..."
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

"smirk on his face"

THAT guy has had that foolish looking smirk on his face...for FAAAR to long...
Huh Huh Huh Huh ...
and he uses it , at ALL the wrong times....
What the hell has been so funny??? about the past few years??? [:/][:/]
every time i see a picture of him,,,I cannot help but to think that i am
looking at Alfred E Neuman...
the ficticious AND the original, "What ME Worry???" kid...( Mad Mag )

Smirks, when they are made in an inappropriate
context.....are the equivalent of wearing a dunce cap...:| imho

I DO agree with part of your post...."way to Go Bush".... as long as he GOES FAR away......

as for "that's what happens in a Free society"..
he needs to realize that That is also what happens in a chaotic and dissident and desperate society.... he has always been a great spinner....and even now,,, considers himself to be an emancipator instead of an interloper....
better to ask those whose lives he has destroyed by blowing to smithereens the very land in which they live...and likely many many innocent civilian family members...how free THEY feel...
democracy my ass.....>:(

jmy

Why is this "funny"?

Because you don't like the White House policies, it's ok to laugh at this situation of attempted violence?

It's not funny because it's Bush, it's funny because he threw a shoe. There's a reason the shoe was RandomTask's weapon in Austin Powers. Seriously, who throws his shoe?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5D5oKEVqQJg
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

I feel it's appropriate that someone had an opportunity to tell America what they feel, directed at the person currently most representative of our country, and currently most responsible for the situation existing in Iraq from a "man on the street" in Iraq.

He didn't tell America what he feels. He didn't say anything.

WRONG - all America now knows how he feels. You don't have to say anything to send a message.

He took his fucking shoe off and threw it at the President like a child having a hissy fit. If you think behavior like that is appropriate in any situation then there's no reasoning with you.

It's better than bombing someone else's country that presents no threat to you, and killing hundreds of thousands of their citizens, just because their leader is a bastard. Hard for women and children to argue with B52s.

It's absolutely boggles my mind that people would defend assault on the President.

You boggle too easily.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.