Darius11

IDF-Head butting a woman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDf0E9On-4Q

Not surprising at all and very tame considering IDF history but still worth a look at what Palestinian people deal with every day.

I wonder if that woman’s husband or father hates the IDF because of there actions or just because he disagrees with his religion.

Wake up people, and see the truth.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

Yea, but you don't know happened before that shot was taken. :S:S:S just thought I'd get it in before some of the usual suspects did.

When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

very tame considering IDF history

Yeah, damn that IDF, blowing up Palestinian buses and shopping markets with suicide bombers!!

Oh they don’t need suicide bombs. We supply them with enough GPS/Laser guided precision bombs Yet even with the technology they seem to kill a lot more civilians.

And let me guess the woman should have been head butted right?:S

I find it so disturbing that if that was a Cop who head butted an American woman you would be out raged.

Do you ever ask your self why the difference?

Yet even with the technology they seem to kill a lot more civilians.

Cite? I also submit that the IDF doesn't *intentionally* target civilians like Hamas and Hezbolah do.

And let me guess the woman should have been head butted right?

Couldn't tell you - youtube is blocked over here.

Do you ever ask your self why the difference?

My honest opinion? You're too emotionally attached to the issue to be able to debate it from a logical position. Israel and their actions are ALWAYS going to be in the wrong, to you.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Yea, but you don't know happened before that shot was taken. :S:S:S just thought I'd get it in before some of the usual suspects did.

She was screaming in a weird language and she seemed kind of tan so it’s her fault.:S

This is so tame compared to what the IDF usually does. Ever seen the video of them braking teenager’s hand with boulders? This was a kid who they handcuffed. Not only are they brutal they are cowards killing children, destroying civilian homes with no rule of law.

I have said this before the biggest surprise for me is the acceptance of the Israeli actions by the American Jewish society. How can they support any government which is so much like the Nazi government. I just don’t get it. It’s ethics flushed down the toilet for a sense of camaraderie.

I think people need to remember it is considered racism not only if you are persecuted because of your race or religion, but also if you are the persecutor.

Cite? I also submit that the IDF doesn't *intentionally* target civilians like Hamas and Hezbolah do.

Come one man, do you really think the Israeli government or military can’t figure out that if they drop a 2000 lbs bomb in a crowded neighborhood with children it will cause massive loss of inocent civilian life?

How about the 2nd time, or the 3rd or the 100th time when will you admite they know and they don't care. It has been 60 years.

My honest opinion? You're too emotionally attached to the issue to be able to debate it from a logical position. Israel and their actions are ALWAYS going to be in the wrong, to you.

I try to stay factual and when I see a disconnect I try to use a comparison to make it real.

I think many people just look the horrors the Palestinians have to deal with on a day to day bases like its no big deal or why are they so mad? Yet at the same time I know they would be outraged if they had to go threw 1/10 of what the Palestinians deal with on a day to day bases.

If we there was a video posted showing a US Marine headbutting a lady, would it be fair to judge the entire nation and military based on this one marine's actions.

I'm sure the IDF is responsible for its fair share of atrocities, but you can't say that Palestine isn't either just because they are the underdogs. I can understand that this probably brings some pretty tough emotions about in you. Things will never get better if each side only waits for the other side to change their attitude. We can't control what others do, we can only control how we react.

Here's a parallel that might not be as extreme, but still somewhat similar. I moved to Mississippi about 2 years ago. I've stepped into one of the most heated racially tensioned communities probably in this country. We've created a mess down here in the past couple hundred years that we now have to try and undo. This state is guilty of some serious atrocities towards blacks, but my generation was not around for it and will swiftly condemn it. In my small town of only about 18,000, in just the last few months a 5 yr old was gunned down in a driveby with his family in the car. A co-worker of mine was shot execution style right outside of the bank after cashing his check. We have countless robberies and so on, and as bad as this is going to sound, these incidents are typically committed by the empoverished black population. Now my generation is starting to become angered and frusterated towards these actions because they simply are not responsible for the current social situation and we don't want to lose our town to this stuff. I think you can see where this is going. The hate just continues because we simply retaliate with hate and then the vicious never-ending cycle begins.

Now should I be angry and say that I'm not going put up with the crap going on and just isolate myself from that community because of the mess our forefathers created. Or should I take it upon myself to bridge the gap and reach out to those less fortunate in my town. Regardless of what race does what, the majority of them would not condone the above actions. If I return hate the hate continues. I can't sit around wating for them to change, all I can do is reach-out and show care to that population in hopes that others will do the same and eventually some gaps can be bridged.

For being right in the center of the bible belt it amazes me how many "Christians" down here tend to disregard Jesus's teachings of "love they neighbor as thyself". When I was trying to find a church down here, I would not go back to one that didn't have some mixed demographics.

I have said this before the biggest surprise for me is the acceptance of the Israeli actions by the American Jewish society. How can they support any government which is so much like the Nazi government. I just don’t get it. It’s ethics flushed down the toilet for a sense of camaraderie.

this is why you're quickly dismissed as not objective.

Until the IDF starts building gas chambers, any comparison of them to the SS or the Nazi regime is going to be poorly received. And you know it.

Hatred and intolerance exits in most all cultures. Violence done against others because they are different (Race, Religion, Nationality, Sexual Orientation) has always gone on. It is sad and horrible.

The video is no longer there so and even if it was we would most likely not see the entire story. Regardless, the behavior on both sides has historically been nothing short of disgusting.

Israel and their actions are ALWAYS going to be in the wrong, to you.

In terms of Darius' position, I don't disagree. Counterpoint though, could you link to any post of yours in which you've admitted that criticism of the Israeli military and government might be justified?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

this is why you're quickly dismissed as not objective.

Until the IDF starts building gas chambers, any comparison of them to the SS or the Nazi regime is going to be poorly received. And you know it.

And let me guess if they only kill one million and not 6 there is no comparison in your book ? Too me Their philosophy is the same.

If we there was a video posted showing a US Marine headbutting a lady, would it be fair to judge the entire nation and military based on this one marine's actions.

No but if it happens so often and reports of abuse followed by video evidence was rampant then it is not one incident but a way of doing things for the IDF.

I'm sure the IDF is responsible for its fair share of atrocities, but you can't say that Palestine isn't either just because they are the underdogs. I can understand that this probably brings some pretty tough emotions about in you. Things will never get better if each side only waits for the other side to change their attitude. We can't control what others do, we can only control how we react.

I understand there are eliminates on both sides who are guilty of cruelty there is no denying that. However there are plenty of people in America who are ready to condemn the Palestinians, Hamas, and hezbolah as evil terrorist. Yet the same people constantly make excuses for the Israeli actions.

Also we the United States and its tax payers do not pay billions of dollars a year to Hamas, yet we support Israel which to me is ridiculous as they have violated more laws then I care to list. My issue is always with our hypocrisy and the people who fail to see it.

Here's a parallel that might not be as extreme, but still somewhat similar. I moved to Mississippi about 2 years ago. I've stepped into one of the most heated racially tensioned communities probably in this country. We've created a mess down here in the past couple hundred years that we now have to try and undo. This state is guilty of some serious atrocities towards blacks, but my generation was not around for it and will swiftly condemn it. In my small town of only about 18,000, in just the last few months a 5 yr old was gunned down in a driveby with his family in the car. A co-worker of mine was shot execution style right outside of the bank after cashing his check. We have countless robberies and so on, and as bad as this is going to sound, these incidents are typically committed by the empoverished black population. Now my generation is starting to become angered and frusterated towards these actions because they simply are not responsible for the current social situation and we don't want to lose our town to this stuff. I think you can see where this is going. The hate just continues because we simply retaliate with hate and then the vicious never-ending cycle begins.

There is the big difference right there condemning the act. Yet we excuse Israel.

Do you know that UN resolution after UN resolution has been vetoed by the US. Basically the world keep is saying what Israel is doing is a violation of international law, and Israeli is a gross humane rights violator yet we keep on giving them pardons in shapes of repeated vetoes.

Now should I be angry and say that I'm not going put up with the crap going on and just isolate myself from that community because of the mess our forefathers created. Or should I take it upon myself to bridge the gap and reach out to those less fortunate in my town. Regardless of what race does what, the majority of them would not condone the above actions. If I return hate the hate continues. I can't sit around wating for them to change, all I can do is reach-out and show care to that population in hopes that others will do the same and eventually some gaps can be bridged.

For being right in the center of the bible belt it amazes me how many "Christians" down here tend to disregard Jesus's teachings of "love they neighbor as thyself". When I was trying to find a church down here, I would not go back to one that didn't have some mixed demographics.

If you answer hate with hate it will destroy every one. I understand that. However there can be no forgiveness when there is no attempted at 1. Acknowledging the wrong that was done in the first place, and 2. Making an attempted to make things right. Usually the more powerful member needs to start the process, as they are the one needed to convince as the weaker can not do anything by them self.

The original crime that started every thing is when the first Israeli house was built on top of the Palestinian one with the Palestinian having no say.

Admitting what you don’t want to is always difficult.

Killing and separating people because of their race or religion etc is what the Nazi did. They treated the Jews worst then you would treat an animal. That’s what the Israelis do to the Palestinians every day sorry if I can’t just turn my head and close my eyes.

If you answer hate with hate it will destroy every one. I understand that. However there can be no forgiveness when there is no attempted at 1. Acknowledging the wrong that was done in the first place, and 2. Making an attempted to make things right. Usually the more powerful member needs to start the process, as they are the one needed to convince as the weaker can not do anything by them self.

The original crime that started every thing is when the first Israeli house was built on top of the Palestinian one with the Palestinian having no say.

I'm not here to debate whether the US should fund Israel or not. Lets look at it from the Palestinian perspective and say Israel was guilty first. What percentage of Israel's population was really around when that first "crime" was committed and should the new generation be targeted for vengeance because of this?

Undoing history will do harm to innocent people regardless. Do you not think that the young generation in Israel isn't struggling with the same bitterness for a schoolyard that's been targeted by a suicide bomber. Let's say that Israel makes a formal apology, raises the white flag and welcomes the Palestinians back. Do you really think Hamas is going to settle with that or is their vengeance going to still overcome them.

I would like to think peace could be made, but no matter what Israel could do to make right any past wrongs, there is still an overwhelming crowd that would seek their decimation.

My point from my first post still stands. You can only change you're own attitude. Whether or not Israel is guilty matters not. You can only call out your side on this issue. Until the palestinians quit calling for the unconditional destruction of Israel, you can't expect progress to be made. That is the only thing those with your viewpoint can do to help this.

The same can be said for Israel. If they didn't wipe out a village just because one rocket came from there, maybe the Palestinians wouldn't seek their destruction. However I think the bitterness just runs too deep for Israel to not remain a target regardless of what they do. So I don't see this conflict ever ending. Answer this if you can. What do you think would happen to Israel if they layed down all arms and issued a formal apology?

You simply cannot make the other side forgive, you can only forgive first. Both sides have to forgive, but nothing is accomplished waiting for the other side to apologize first. Pointing out Israel's wrongdoings while turning a blind eye to your own(meaning palestine, although I know you're Iranian) will only stir the pot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDf0E9On-4Q

Not surprising at all and very tame considering IDF history but still worth a look at what Palestinian people deal with every day.

I wonder if that woman’s husband or father hates the IDF because of there actions or just because he disagrees with his religion.

Wake up people, and see the truth.

That often innocent Palestinians are treated terribly by the IDF? I'd expect most people to be aware of that. Just as they should be equally aware of innocent Israelis being treated terribly by the Palestinians.

So what's your truth?

p.s. Happy Eid!

'for it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "chuck 'im out, the brute!" But it's "saviour of 'is country" when the guns begin to shoot.'

One solution:

1) Get the hell out of the Middle East
2) Build a big wall around those countries.
3) Toss all the war-mongering evangelicals & other religious fanatics over said wall & let them have their little apocalypse & leave the rest of us out of it.
4) Get on with our lives (yes, without Middle East Oil. so what. it isn't worth it, and it will force us to develop alternatives.)
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

Killing and separating people because of their race or religion etc is what the Nazi did.

you really can't see the difference, can you?
you can't see the difference between systematic killing an entire religion, regardless of their nationality or location and a teritorial dispute (although not pretty) between two nations?

you really can't see the difference between hurting some civilians in the process of fighting guerilla forces (who use civilans as shields) and killing as many civilans as you can?

would you agree that Israel could kill pretty much every palestinian if it wanted to? but it doesn't.
can you say the same thing about Hamas? doesn't it try to kill as many civilans as possible? targets Israeli cities with artillery and missiles?
and no, you dont need smart bombs to target civilians, when they shoot their rockets into israeli towns they dont care who they hit as long as they hit someone. if anything, Israel's smart bombs make sure targeting the real bad guys is more accurate.

but no, i guess you can't see the difference.
o
"Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero."

You do see that you're using a small group's desire to see Israel gone as justification for war crimes against a larger population don't you? We've been through this before. If Israel would return to the green line and take its illegal settlers and occupying military forces with it, there could be peace. Will there be some on both sides who try to derail this? Of course there will. But that's where it's up to the more powerful party to insure that the road towards peace is built regardless of the skirmishes.
And again, I know this is where we disagree but there is no disputed territory. None of the West Bank is for Israel's taking.
And now that he's on his way out, Olmert is able to speak clearly about the reality of the situation.

In holiday interview, Olmert adopts the principles of the Geneva Accord

... the decision we have to make is a decision that we have been refusing for 40 years to look at open-eyed.

“We face the need to decide, but are not willing to tell ourselves, yes, this is what we have to do. We have to reach an agreement with the Palestinians, the meaning of which is that in practice we will withdraw from almost all the territories, if not all the territories. We will leave a percentage of these territories in our hands, but will have to give the Palestinians a similar percentage, because without that there will be no peace."

Including in Jerusalem?

“Including in Jerusalem,” said Olmert,