mnealtx

Just on CNN - Blagojevich arrested?

Maybe we should just take a page from "The Untouchables" and call it "The Chicago Way". ;)

It sure is fun being an observer in Chicago.

The thing I find surprising isn't that Blago was crooked, it's that he was so brazenly stupid about it.:S

Seeing some of the quotes from the tapes mentioned in the various articles, I was amazed by the sheer arrogance.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Maybe we should just take a page from "The Untouchables" and call it "The Chicago Way". ;)

The thing I find surprising isn't that Blago was crooked, it's that he was so brazenly stupid about it.:S

Seeing some of the quotes from the tapes mentioned in the various articles, I was amazed by the sheer arrogance.

We were discussing this at work yesterday (I am also privileged to live in Chicago and have a front-row seat to this whole mess) and we just couldn't believe how either just flat out stupid or arrogant he was - he knew he was being investigated and didn't stop to think or maybe just didn't care about the fact that he was replacing a man who is at the epicenter of the news world at the moment.

Ya think maybe people might be paying attention to who you chose and how you went about that????

I was talking to my dad yesterday about the whole thing, and that's exactly what we were talking about! The fact that someone can be so inconceivably stupid amazes me.

"Ubi Est Mea" - unofficial Chicago motto according to late columnist Mike Royko. I would love to see what he would have written about this.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

"Ubi Est Mea" - unofficial Chicago motto according to late columnist Mike Royko. I would love to see what he would have written about this.

Chicago politics have been corrupt for as long as i have been alive, unfortunately the rest of the country will possibly get a taste of it now. It takes a person of extremely good characture to rise through the corruption of the Chicago machine without becoming corrupt themselves. time will tell how much Obama is or is not involved with Blagojevich.

MMMM Popcorn

Vinny shold be along any minute now.. since you invoked a couple of his favorite bashees.

If they do have the goods on Blojobobitch... I hope he has lots of fun in the local federal pound em in da butt lockup.

I'm surprised that by now they don't have a politicians' wing in prison in Illinois.

MMMM Popcorn

Vinny shold be along any minute now.. since you invoked a couple of his favorite bashees.

If they do have the goods on Blojobobitch... I hope he has lots of fun in the local federal pound em in da butt lockup.

I'm surprised that by now they don't have a politicians' wing in prison in Illinois.

they should, but i think the 5 star resort is in wisconsin. what really sucks is not only did they rob and cheat us but we have to still pay for their room and board. Although Ryan did loose his pension I think. they might even have a fair prison fight, the dems and reps should have a close to equal amount of inmates.

It takes a person of extremely good characture to rise through the corruption of the Chicago machine without becoming corrupt themselves.

I didn't vote for Obama. I'm not a fan of his policies. I do believe he is a person of good character, and I don't believe he's any more corrupt than anyone else in our political system, and probably less corrupt than most.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Better, I think is the line of late columnist Lewis Grizzard, who famously said that there was only one good thing to come out of Chicago--Interstate 65 South.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Better, I think is the line of late columnist Lewis Grizzard, who famously said that there was only one good thing to come out of Chicago--Interstate 65 South.

I prefer taking I-55 south out of there... faster exit.. and you do not have to take 90 around to Hammond where I-65 starts.

I65 doesn't come from Chicago.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

whoosh #3

but I suspect you did this on on purpose.......
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Hey, Illini...what's up with that? I only caught a flash of the headline before the next segment came on.

Typical Ill. corupted politicians! Think maybe they should try a "real" republican up there every once in a while????? How ever long its been!:D:D:D:D:D
Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!

No, it comes from Gary, In.. That in its self is a great thing.
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

John,

Aren't you happy that you now have a chance for a Governor that isn't that stupid? He must have driven all you Illinois folks nuts.

Who should be indited (sp?) along with him is whomever cuts his hair. I mean WTF is with that? This isn't the 70's anymore.:S

John,

Aren't you happy that you now have a chance for a Governor that isn't that stupid? He must have driven all you Illinois folks nuts.

Who should be indited (sp?) along with him is whomever cuts his hair. I mean WTF is with that? This isn't the 70's anymore.:S

He and Donald Trump use the same hair stylist.
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

John,

Who should be indited (sp?) along with him is whomever cuts his hair. I mean WTF is with that? This isn't the 70's anymore.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He and Donald Trump use the same hair stylist.

Hair Club for men?;)

Trump's looks like a huge comb over while Blago's looks like an overdose of Rogaine.