BIGUN

Obama must respond to Writ of Certiorari by December 1

>So now you want to continue doing the same thing with your boy in charge?

Racist statements don't become you, John.

:D:D

YOU have the perfect example of PC

Talk about rich!!!!!!!:D:D

Come on billvon, I know you are better than this.......
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

And if people are going to start ignoring the constitution in order to favor Obamer before he's even sworn in, then Ganesh help us for the next four years that he's in office.

What's the Constitution? Is that the thing Bush burned 8 years ago? I think I remember hearing about it somewhere.

Anyhow. I love it when the freepers get some press and everyone thinks this stuff is true. The irony here is when a large portion of the conservatives were pushing for change about citizenship so Arnold could one day run for the GOP.

This thread is nothing but comedy. Does it come with a complementary tinfoil hat? It does seem that any Dem in the White House is automatically hit with GOP lawsuits. I wonder if they realize that is a complementary service of winning the POTUS now. Talk about sore losers. Nah, just losers.

The only thing racist here is your presumption that my use of the word "boy" was intended to be racist.

This is the game that liberals play to try and attack others for reasons irrelevant to the context of the discussion.

What other words are going to be banned from the English language for the next four years because our new president just happens to be half-black? Let's start a list, so we can all know to avoid them in our discussions here.

I'll start:
- boy
- niggardly

What else?

Can we talk about fried chicken and watermelon, or would that be racist too?

I'll start:
- boy
- niggardly

What else?

Context John. It's all about the context. Even the most benign words are profoundly offensive if used within the context of what a reasonable adult would see as having the obvious intent of being offensive.

If a person refers to Obama as a "boy" then yes, that person is being intentionally racially offensive whether he wants to admit it or not, whether he attempt to explain it away as a reference to his "youth" or not. There is simply no way a reasonable adult can interpret it otherwise.

You're an adult. I can't believe a reasonable adult doesn't know it's offensive to call another adult black male a "boy." There's simply no other way to look at it.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

that would be unconstitutional.

Well that's "rich"...for the last eight years, George W. Bush and his cronies tried to ignore it...then walked on it, spit on it, wadded it up and then put the Constitution in the shredder!

So now you want to continue doing the same thing with your boy in charge? I thought he wanted "change" for the better? Or do you want to criticize it when Repubs do it, and then turn around and do the same thing yourself when it is to your
own benefit? Which is it? Why do you love mud bricks?

NO John...that's not what I said or meant...I just think it's kinda "funny" (strange funny) that the Constitution has been ignored/defiled for the last 8 years by a certain party whom shall remain nameless to protect the guilty...and now all of a sudden it has deep meaning for some people. I really don't believe the president elect (and BTW he's not my BOY...I only have one boy and that would be my SON) has any intention of dancing on or around the Constitution or I wouldn't have voted for him and I AM a Constitution voter! IMO this story about Obama not being a legitimate U.S. citizen is just more smoke and mirrors, again! I'll share a well kept secret with you...for 10 years I was the Headquarters Manager of the Greene County REPUBLICAN Central Committee of Missouri...I was a National Delegate at the Kansas City Convention AND I attended Ronald Reagan's Inauguration. I think that shows I'm not biased against any particular party. I'm what you could call a flip-flopper because I've changed my mind about a LOT of things. I finally recognize the stupidity of some of my actions back in my younger years!
My user name actually indicates my love of Doberman Pinchers. :P

Old age ain't no place for sissies!

I'll start:
- boy
- niggardly

What else?

Context John. It's all about the context. Even the most benign words are profoundly offensive if used within the context of what a reasonable adult would see as having the obvious intent of being offensive.

If a person refers to Obama as a "boy" then yes, that person is being intentionally racially offensive whether he wants to admit it or not, whether he attempt to explain it away as a reference to his "youth" or not. There is simply no way a reasonable adult can interpret it otherwise.

You're an adult. I can't believe a reasonable adult doesn't know it's offensive to call another adult black male a "boy." There's simply no other way to look at it.

Bull shit>:(
Abraham Lincoln

The only thing racist here is your presumption that my use of the word "boy" was intended to be racist.

This is the game that liberals play to try and attack others for reasons irrelevant to the context of the discussion.

What other words are going to be banned from the English language for the next four years because our new president just happens to be half-black? Let's start a list, so we can all know to avoid them in our discussions here.

I'll start:
- boy
- niggardly

What else?

Stand your ground John.

this is another perfect bull shit attempt to divert attentions and change the topic.

Anybody that does not bow to the definitions of the words these liberals choose is attacked, demonized and called names.

Let'em play the fucking games with themselves and the rest of the thinking people can ignore the stupidity.

I can even beleve this even went this way.

Reasonable adults my ass[:/]
Abraham Lincoln

Bull shit>:(

So...a Confederate flag on a four wheel drive pickup with gun racks in 'Bama carries the same context as a Confederate flag in a history book?

A child's game of "hangman" carries the same context as a hangman's noose hung in the tree in front of the White House?

"Niggardly"=cheap, petty, meager (adjective)
"Nigger"=a racial slur, regardless of it's origins.

Sickening to see someone make a pathetic attempt to compare contexts. Shakepeare made liberal (and correct) use of the former, I doubt he'd use the latter.

Words are weapons of mass destruction. There will always be fools attempting to use them like BB guns.

Some how "I'm gonna kill you" from a 5 year old to his playmate lacks the same vehemence as George Bush saying the same to Saddam.
It's all in the context, but ironic that context only matters when it fits an agenda.

Can you please point to the post where anyone suggested Obama be made President if he were found constitutionally unfit? I must have missed it. Or maybe you're just making that up because it fits your worldview of those stinky liberals.

Oh, you could try message #8, #41, #61, #91, #102. Lots of other people kind of dancing around saying that, without being explicit about it.

And if people are going to start ignoring the constitution in order to favor Obamer before he's even sworn in, then Ganesh help us for the next four years that he's in office.

What's the Constitution? Is that the thing Bush burned 8 years ago?

So it's okay for Obamer to ignore it, because Bush has already burned it? Gee, I thought you guys wanted to take the high road and start respecting it again. Which is it?

This thread is nothing but comedy. Does it come with a complementary tinfoil hat? It does seem that any Dem in the White House is automatically hit with GOP lawsuits. I wonder if they realize that is a complementary service of winning the POTUS now. Talk about sore losers. Nah, just losers.

It really doesn't do anything for the debate for you to be abusive like this towards those you disagree with. Actually, it just makes you look bad.

And if you read the news, you should have noticed that there are plenty of Dems who want to charge the outgoing administration members with all kinds of crimes.

I'll start:
- boy
- niggardly

What else?

Then I can only conclude that you are not a "reasonable" adult.

The banned Obama word list:
- boy
- niggardly
- lynch/hang
- fried chicken
- watermelon
- pimp
- cokehead

And if you read the news, you should have noticed that there are plenty of Dems who want to charge the outgoing administration members with all kinds of crimes.

So, yes or no: Do you agree with legal action being taken against the Bush admin under the pretense that they abused their power to break constitutional laws? Mind you, it's just a lawsuit and would be dismissed if they are found innocent.

And there is nothing to disagree with. Obama's birth certificate was already vetted and ruled upon by a lesser court. This will go no where because there is no issue. Even McCain ruled it as foolish pursuit. However there is possible mounting evidence against the Bush administration that demands attention from the DoJ.

I need to go back and find the dz.com thread about Arnold running for president so I can link it here. It will be interesting reading what the conservatives said about that.

IF he gave up his US citizenship as is alleged (and I have NO idea if it is true or not), then at that point he could only become a naturalized citizen, could he not? Have there ever been cases of renounced citizenship being re-awarded, and if so, in what capacity?

If he was born in the US, how could he NOT be "natural born"? He certainly wouldn't be foreign born. IF it's true that his mother renounced his citizenship and he later got it back, wouldn't that make him a natural-born AND naturalized citizen (as opposed to OR)?

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Oh, you could try message #8, #41, #61, #91, #102. Lots of other people kind of dancing around saying that, without being explicit about it.

#8, from chadkal, a rabid conservative implying that there would be riots in the streets, not a post supporting your idea that liberals think the Constitution should be ignored:

I believe that no matter what happens, Obama will be the next pres. Even if he were to be found not a citizen he would still be made pres. for fear of what would happen if he were denied at this point.

#41, from Amazon, a rabid liberal, having nothing to do with ignoring the Constitution:

You know.. the straws that you guys are grasping at are so fucking ludicrous as to be utterly ridiculous...

Can any of you actually give ANY freaking credence to ANYTHING any of you did at 4 YEARS OF AGE...

CHRIST ALMIGHTY.....get the fuck over it already....this is only making the fringe right look like what they are.

#61, from Cari, I think she leans liberal, explaining that a writ of certiori is not the same as a decision, in fact supporting the idea that Constitutionality is important to liberals:

A writ of certiorari isn't a decision on the merits of a case. It does not indicate agreement or disagreement with lower courts. It has no value as a precedent. It only means that one party or the other wasn't satisfied with the outcome, the question was federal in nature, and the issue is significant.

Obviously, any issue related to the Obama is going to be considered "significant" since he is the president elect.

People really get their undies in a bunch over what amounts to little more than a technicality.

#91, from Amazon, regarding who is bringing this to national attention, not regarding the desirability of ignoring the Constitution:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In Reply To
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

it is a democrat not a republican heading this lawsuite. so stop yelling at the right for a liberal issue

Why does it seem then that the only ones who give a shit are fringe right fucknuggets like Lush Rimjob...Micheal Savage..... and their fellow travellers

#102, from ChasingBlueSky, liberal, made after my query, but also not making the point you want to assign, in fact making the opposite.

What's the Constitution? Is that the thing Bush burned 8 years ago? I think I remember hearing about it somewhere.

Anyhow. I love it when the freepers get some press and everyone thinks this stuff is true. The irony here is when a large portion of the conservatives were pushing for change about citizenship so Arnold could one day run for the GOP.

Any other evidence that those skinky, pansy liberals want to ignore the Constitution? I'm bored at work today.

Just give up. Your argument, as usual, is without merit and merely a knee-jerk recitation of the latest ultra-right wing claptrap.

Liberals love this country and its laws just as much as conservatives do. In most ways, in my opinion, their views are much closer to the ideals of the Founding Fathers than the modern evangelical dominated Republican party line that you espouse.

- Dan G

I'd be more inclined to believe you if I'd seen you refer to Bush as "boy" over the years. The fact of the matter is that Obama is not a child, but he is black, thus a racist intent is inferred by your slur.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

I'd be more inclined to believe you if I'd seen you refer to Bush as "boy" over the years. The fact of the matter is that Obama is not a child, but he is black, thus a racist intent is inferred by your slur.

Blues,
Dave

Then there is the pattern of severe and rather unhealthy obsession to tear the man down outside of political issues. Of course some of the terminology used in those help back up the conclusion made in this thread. Sorry JohnRich, you only have yourself to blame for people thinking you lean this way.

When I read some of the writings of Thom. Jefferson I am not so sure he was not an athiest.

BTW, I do consider him the most intelligent Pres. we have ever had.

Well, I should have said "an admitted atheist will never be President of the US" :D I've heard ramblings among both sides that the opposition president (be it W, Clinton, Reagan, etc) was definitely an atheist because the person making the statement didn't like them.

You may very well be right about Jefferson. From his letters, he comes across as very well learned. Dean Keith Simonton did a Historiometric IQ analysis of all the Presidents, and John Quincy Adams has the highest estimated IQ at about 170, but Jefferson ranks the highest for brilliance and openness.

Edit because I can't spell Historiometric. But I don't exactly use that word every day.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

Stand your ground John.

this is another perfect bull shit attempt to divert attentions and change the topic.

Anybody that does not bow to the definitions of the words these liberals choose is attacked, demonized and called names.

Let'em play the fucking games with themselves and the rest of the thinking people can ignore the stupidity.

Reasonable adults my ass

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA.. another case of a good ole boy used to callin em like hez a seein em... hey if you want to call em like you see em.. cool... great.. but pardon the rest of us for seeing it for what it is:S

How about you head on into the city and address the first large black man you see as "boy".. just to chek his reaction to it

Words do mean things to people....and have consequences for their use.

So, has anyone else browsed that site that spurned this thread?

How about this piece of information from it:

8. Definitions
* a. Terms
Aliens - The Star People aboard their Starships now orbiting Earth Shan, who have come to our Earth at this time from more than two hundred other Star Nations. They are called the "Hosts of Heaven" and have come in peace and love to help our planet and her people in our Ascension into fifth dimension by 2012. They have come by orders from Creator God without violence or evil and bring much love, education and new technology to assist us in better health and in cleaning up the pollution on our planet.
Ascension - the changing from third dimension (3D) to fifth dimension (5D), to rise in frequencies. Our bodies are presently changing from a carbon-based cell to a crystalline-based cell to accommodate these higher frequencies. Our planet and those who choose to do so will soon be moving into the fifth dimension.

I guess this is why conservatives feel FoxNews is fair and balanced.

This site is a total joke. It's amazing it spurred this conversation.

Stand your ground John.

Reasonable adults my ass

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA.. another case of a good ole boy used to callin em like hez a seein em... hey if you want to call em like you see em.. cool... great.. but pardon the rest of us for seeing it for what it is:S

How about you head on into the city and address the first large black man you see as "boy".. just to chek his reaction to it

Words do mean things to people....and have consequences for their use.

I see the postion against John as a political correctness attack on an individual to shut him up. I see those who back that position as bigoted liberal hacks that are hate mongers who can not stand anybody having an opinion differing from theirs so this tactic is used.

Sarcasm meant but I think the point can be understood.

by the way, was it not racist and sterotyping to use "good ole boy"? I think it was.

Shame on you

"reasonable" adults my ass
Abraham Lincoln

I'll start:
- boy
- niggardly

What else?

but it is ok for another black to say boy or nigger? this politically correct shit is really starting to be fucking anoying. put a smile on you face, have a good day, and fuck what you think something means and accept it the way it was meant. just about anything can be twisted to be offensive. what are we supposed to do, shut our mouths and sit in a corner or would that be considered offensive also?