quade

Does Walmart still sell guns?

Im going to go ahead and call BS on this one Im afraid. I have run nothing but Wolf in my AK-47 for thousands of rounds without incident or accuracy issues. I wouldnt run it in a 308 Winchester, but again that boils down to accuracy. I can hand load much more accurate ammo to match the rifle that way the thing is you cant reload steel "brass" as it were.
Muff #5048

n Reply To
In Reply To
Then there's steel cased ammo like Wolf. If you're stupid enough to run that through your gun, then shame on you.

Why?

Wear.

Wear? Not so much. Its the lacquer they have on the steel casing to keep them from corroding. You run that ammo through a quality firearm and as the weapon heats up it starts making the lacquer sticky. It'll gunk an AR in under 30 rounds. I've also seen a decent number of their casings that are not true and won't even let the weapon get into battery.

If you have an AK, sure fire those rounds by the thousands. If you actually shoot a quality firearm, stay the hell away from that ammo!
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Thanks for making my point. Wolf in some guns is ok to run. In others you may be buying a new gun after a couple hundred rounds. In my Mosin Nagant's I also use Wolf ammo because thats damn near the only company I can find that makes the 7.62x54r cartidge for a reasonable price. Believe it or not, but I actually shot a defective round through one once that caused the shell casing to rupture in the breach. After very close examination by a certified gunsmith there wasnt anything wrong with the rifle. You have to hand it to those pesky Russians they know reliability.
Muff #5048

Believe it or not, but I actually shot a defective round through one once that caused the shell casing to rupture in the breach. After very close examination by a certified gunsmith there wasnt anything wrong with the rifle. You have to hand it to those pesky Russians they know reliability.

That happened to a buddy shooting wolf through his mini-14, except that it blew down through the breech and blew the magazine apart. He came away with only some decent burns on his left hand/arm and a cut that needed about 10 stitches due to the shrapnel thrown from the magazine!

Wouldn't surprise me if some states prohibit the sale of alcohol with the other two, but of course one would just go to the car, leave the first set, and go back in.

I believe that's why Bed, Bath & Beyond began allowing mulitple "20% off one item" coupons in one transaction, even though it clearly states, "Limit one to a customer per visit."

They also accept expired coupons.

I love Bed, Bath & Beyond.
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

Hi AD,
Here at W-M in Clinton, NC: Winchester, Remington, Mossberg, Charles Daily, Savage, Ruger, Federal and more....crappy guns and ammo?? Same brand stuff that was on the shelf at Billy Able's, "Land of Sports" where I grew up in Hammond, LA in the 50's!! Back then I wasn't old enough to buy booz but $0.50 (2 Quarters) on the counter got me a 50 rnd box of Remington or Winchester .22 Shorts. Federal .22 Shorts were $0.49/box of 50.
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

The Wal-Marts in my area have some low end models from some better names, but definitely not a quality selection for a discerning buyer. They also have some crappy names in the mix. You do get what you pay for in the world of firearms!

Even the local Academy (sporting goods store) has a better selection.

Hi AD,
Yer' right about their selection. At least they have a "selection!!" I've also noticed that over time they only have on their shelves what sells both in size as well as brand from guns to granola!! If it's a "Hot" item that makes money it's there. If not, it's gone.
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

Yup but no handguns. All you have are some shotguns and some low grade rifles. They sell a lot of crappy ammo too.

Honestly, I can't think of a single person I know that has purchased a gun at WalMart.

With lead in everything else they sell that was made in China, why not some bullets?:D

I am FAR from a "discerning" firearm enthusiast as someone else put it, but I've purchased a couple guns at Wal-Mart. I checked smaller gun shops first (salesmen in 2 out of 3 were assholes) and decided what I could have gotten (product and service) from the smaller guys wasn't worth the extra I would spend. I've bought a Remington 870 and a Savage in 30-06. Both far from top of the line, but my freezer is full of duck and deer which is what I was looking for!
Killing threads since 2004.

Well, the 870 is the standard pump in which all other "modern" shotguns are judged. Its no M90, but its still a decent weapon. It also has a really great Ca-CHUNK sound when you cycle the action.B|