MikeForsythe

Another democrat hate crime attack?

If you read my post carefully....please note that I said "seems to be".

That is a presumption of innocence" in the absence of any evidence to the contrary. I know that the "presumption of innocence" isn't a concept known to many but....

William Ayers is innocent, then?

www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3371623#3371623

Nope he confessed.

Not admissable in court, apparently. :P

Maybe, but he's still not innocent.

So you don't believe in the presumption of innocence. OK, that's nice to know.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

If you read my post carefully....please note that I said "seems to be".

That is a presumption of innocence" in the absence of any evidence to the contrary. I know that the "presumption of innocence" isn't a concept known to many but....

William Ayers is innocent, then?

www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3371623#3371623

Nope he confessed.

Not admissable in court, apparently. :P

Maybe, but he's still not innocent.

So you don't believe in the presumption of innocence. OK, that's nice to know.

It's not presumption, when he has confessed.

BTW, I prefer waffles to cupcakes.

With all respect to Mr Moody, I have absolutely no idea what the fuck he's talking about.

If Ms. Todd’s allegations are proven accurate, some voters may revisit their support for Senator Obama, not because they are racists (with due respect to Rep. John Murtha), but because they suddenly feel they do not know enough about the Democratic nominee.

What would the actions of one completely unconnected mugger have to do with how much the average voter knows about a presidential candidate? Seriously, what?

(If the whole thing hadn't turned out to be a very, very sad hoax)
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

I don't think it's wise to jump to any conclusions either way.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree. If it does turn out to be a hoax I hope they prosecute her for reporting a false crime. I think it is just as bad to pull a hoax as the crime because it instills hate in people that routinely results in retribution crimes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Will you stop slinging mud?

Seems like you are using everything possible to discredit Obama without making sure it is true, this is one of many dubious threads. It is discrediting you more than Obama.

I guess you didn't read what I wrote that you quoted. It was reported in the mainstream news and I put it out here for discussion, if you can't handle that it is YOUR problem. It is not discrediting me as I did not report a false crime to the police. I will make you a deal though, I won't post anything here that I can't make sure is true if you and everyone else does the same! Are you game? Do you speak for EVERYONE else here too?
Time and pressure will always show you who a person really is!

I guess you didn't read what I wrote that you quoted. It was reported in the mainstream news and I put it out here for discussion, if you can't handle that it is YOUR problem.

Actually, Mike's original post IS correct. The video "get in your face" link MAY have inspired Ms. Todd to do the crime.

It was an okay Obama frame-job, just a few inconsistencies snagged her. Overall I'd give her a "B". B|

No problem. Perhaps not being quite so fast to blame Obama for everything might serve you well, though.

Fair enough, so how long do we wait to factor in the whacko factor as it was in at least four major news sites as headline news?

Also there is still that whole "get in their face" and "argue" statements from Obama that I am sure does not help matters given how there are a lot of people out there that it will provoke.

If he had said go out and be proactive and talk with your neighbors and friends and be passionate about it, that would have set a whole different tone.

And if people are really honest here and you asked them what they would do if someone "got in your face" I think you would see some violent response.

I guess you didn't read what I wrote that you quoted. It was reported in the mainstream news and I put it out here for discussion, if you can't handle that it is YOUR problem. It is not discrediting me as I did not report a false crime to the police.

No dude, you put it out here and then you specifically blamed it on Obama himself! that's the kind of ridiculous partisan bullshit that's discrediting you.:S

No problem. Perhaps not being quite so fast to blame Obama for everything might serve you well, though.

Fair enough, so how long do we wait to factor in the whacko factor as it was in at least four major news sites as headline news?

No dude, you really don't get it. Even if it had been true, blaming Obama would still have been still stupid.

Also there is still that whole "get in their face" and "argue" statements from Obama that I am sure does not help matters given how there are a lot of people out there that it will provoke.

If he had said go out and be proactive and talk with your neighbors and friends and be passionate about it, that would have set a whole different tone.

A different tone than what? What 'tone' exists except that which this deluded girl was trying to manufacture?

And if people are really honest here and you asked them what they would do if someone "got in your face" I think you would see some violent response.

Hahaha:D So in your mind any instance of Republican violence or voter intimidation would be Obama's fault as well?

No dude, you put it out here and then you specifically blamed it on Obama himself! that's the kind of ridiculous partisan bullshit that's discrediting you.

Dude? ROTFLMAO:P Such wisdom;) No, I was making a point that the type of statements Obama made contribute to this type of attacks. Again, mainstream news media made the allegation, I forwarded it for discussion. And yes it is all partisan including your typical claim that anything partisan against your party is "ridiculous and bullshit".

Hahaha So in your mind any instance of Republican violence or voter intimidation would be Obama's fault as well?

Well I would not use the word "would" but rather could. Let me ask you this, do you think that it is possible that there are some radical republican backers out there that said something like "I wish they would get in my face" just hoping for a confrontation?

There are bad democrats and republicans neither of which need to be provoked.

By the way, I notice that you said “Hahaha”, so tell us what you think is so funny about violence on others?

No, I was making a point that the type of statements Obama made contribute to this type of attacks.

Uh, no. What you did, with absolutely no evidence, was say that this particular 'attack' could be traced back to Obama's comment. Since even the attack itself didn't actually happen I think it makes you look more than a little foolish, and massively overzealous in your desperate, desperate attempts to discredit Obama.

And yes it is all partisan including your typical claim that anything partisan against your party is "ridiculous and bullshit".

Not 'anything'. This. If it had happened (even actually happened, not just fake happened) to a Democrat the thought would never have even crossed my mind that it had anything to do with John McCain or his campaign, because that's just stupid.

By the way, I notice that you said “Hahaha”, so tell us what you think is so funny about violence on others?

I don't find violence funny, I find you funny. (Mostly funny, anyway. I find your attitude that violence is an appropriate response to someone merely being 'in your face' during a debate to be mildly disturbing!)

I don't think it's wise to jump to any conclusions either way.

I agree. If it does turn out to be a hoax I hope they prosecute her for reporting a false crime. I think it is just as bad to pull a hoax as the crime because it instills hate in people that routinely results in retribution crimes.

Will you stop slinging mud?

Seems like you are using everything possible to discredit Obama without making sure it is true, this is one of many dubious threads. It is discrediting you more than Obama.

I guess you didn't read what I wrote that you quoted. It was reported in the mainstream news and I put it out here for discussion, if you can't handle that it is YOUR problem. It is not discrediting me as I did not report a false crime to the police. I will make you a deal though, I won't post anything here that I can't make sure is true if you and everyone else does the same! Are you game? Do you speak for EVERYONE else here too?

I don't have a problem with you posting stuff that turns out to be wrong, it's your credibility not mine. The cry wolf tactic of the GOP (which you are copying BTW) has caused a lot of harm for McCain as story after story has turned out to be overblown or a complete hoax like this.
In fact if you did stop there would be less fun in this forum, I ROFLMAO with the GOP desperation I see in threads like this. :D

>Let me ask you this, do you think that it is possible that there are some
>radical republican backers out there that said something like "I wish they
>would get in my face" . . .

I am sure there are.

> just hoping for a confrontation?

Looking for a fight? Perhaps. But to link that to Obama is absurd.

Recently a bear was shot in the head and dumped on a college campus with some Obama signs stapled to his head. Partisan? Probably. Wanted to make a stir? Most likely.

But did McCain cause that? Should people look to McCain if they wonder where that came from? No. That would be absurd.

Uh, no. What you did, with absolutely no evidence, was say that this particular 'attack' could be traced back to Obama's comment. Since even the attack itself didn't actually happen I think it makes you look more than a little foolish, and massively overzealous in your desperate, desperate attempts to discredit Obama.

Uh, yes. there was. Someone claiming to be attacked, robbed and who appeared to be beaten and marked is called evidence! She further claimed that "he say my McCain bumper sticker and then carved a "B" in my face", again, more evidence. Again, this was reported on 4 mainstream news groups as headline news of which they were reporting it as a political hate crime.

I don't have to discredit Obama, he made the confrontational statements on his own. My question still stands: Do you think that it is possible that there are some radical republican backers out there that have said something like "I wish they would get in my face" just hoping for a confrontation?

I don't find violence funny, I find you funny. (Mostly funny, anyway. I find your attitude that violence is an appropriate response to someone merely being 'in your face' during a debate to be mildly disturbing!)

NO, That is not what I said, read it again! I have denounced ANY violence.

Uh, yes. there was. Someone claiming to be attacked, robbed and who appeared to be beaten and marked is called evidence!

No that is an allegation, although the evidence suggests that you treat anti-Obama allegations as facts.

Uh, yes. there was. Someone claiming to be attacked, robbed and who appeared to be beaten and marked is called evidence! She further claimed that "he say my McCain bumper sticker and then carved a "B" in my face", again, more evidence. Again, this was reported on 4 mainstream news groups as headline news of which they were reporting it as a political hate crime.

No Mike. You obviously haven't bothered to read what I just wrote. I'l repeat it for you. "What you did, with absolutely no evidence, was say that this particular 'attack' could be traced back to Obama's comment." My meaning is perfectly clear.

My question still stands: Do you think that it is possible that there are some radical republican backers out there that have said something like "I wish they would get in my face" just hoping for a confrontation?

Maybe, I don't know. But anything that comes of that is no-ones fault but their own.

By the way, my earlier question to you also stands - "A different tone than what? What 'tone' exists except that which this deluded girl was trying to manufacture?"

NO, That is not what I said, read it again! I have denounced ANY violence.

I'm sorry, I must have been confused by the fact that you were ready to blame hypothetical violent actions against Obama supporters on Obama for (LMAO) provoking people rather than on the hypothetical attackers.

Looking for a fight? Perhaps. But to link that to Obama is absurd.

How do you link it to anyone else? Obama is the one who said it. Are you saying to "Get in their face" is non-confrontational?

Have you completely forgotten the chain of this conversation? In your hypothetical situation of republicans looking for a fight, I would link their looking for a fight to (get this radical piece of thinking)... THEM!

It's not Obama's fault - it's THEIR fucking fault.