MikeForsythe

Another democrat hate crime attack?

Odd, in this news video, they say that the victim claimed she was knocked unconscious and then woke with a stinging sensation on her face (not knowing what had happened to her face). But in this news report, it says:

The woman also told police her attacker "called her a lot of names and stated that 'You are going to be a Barack supporter,' at which time she states he sat on her chest, pinning both her hands down with his knees, and scratched into her face a backward letter 'B' on the right side of her face using what she believed to be a very dull knife."

So I'm not really sure what to believe about this case at this point. Could be true, could be a hoax. I don't think it's wise to jump to any conclusions either way.

I don't think it's wise to jump to any conclusions either way.

I agree. If it does turn out to be a hoax I hope they prosecute her for reporting a false crime. I think it is just as bad to pull a hoax as the crime because it instills hate in people that routinely results in retribution crimes.
Time and pressure will always show you who a person really is!

>Obama is the current candidate getting the illegal vote.

==================================
Republicans crossed line with voter purge attempt
By John Bohlinger, Montana Lieutenant Governor - 10/05/2008

Frank St. Pierre, of Anaconda, fought in World War II. He is one of the most decorated living veterans in America. And yet, on Wednesday, my party — the Montana Republican Party — tried to invalidate his voter registration because he lives in a county with a lot of Democrats. Incredible as this may sound to you, it is the truth.

When people ask why, as a Republican, I agreed to become part of a Democratic administration, I tell them that I believe in putting my state before my party. This has created tension at times. On occasion the folks who run the Republican Party have tried to lock me out of their convention, and this year they even tried to prevent me from speaking at the Presidential Primary Caucus in support of John McCain.

I have always taken this treatment in stride. As the saying goes, "All's fair in love, war and politics." But the executive director of the Republican Party crossed the line when he attempted to remove 6,000 voters from the rolls in Montana. These voters are law-abiding citizens and are legally registered. Some are veterans. Others are active servicemen, serving in Iraq and Afghanistan or about to be deployed there.

As a Republican, I was ashamed to hear of this. But as a Marine, I was outraged. Why would the Republican Party, which always claims to care greatly about our troops, do this?

It appears that Republican operatives looked to gain an advantage by purging as many voters as possible from counties that lean Democrat. The director of the Republican Party issued a blanket challenge to validly registered voters based on false criteria, trying to persuade election clerks that a mere change of mailing address is grounds for automatic cancellation of voter registration.

Not only was the effort blatantly deceptive, but the Republicans based their challenge on a national change-of-address database from an out-of-state vendor who sells personal information. Among other problems, this database lists servicemen and women who have been deployed overseas as having moved out of Montana. In other words, if you go to Iraq, or Afghanistan, or Fort Sill, Okla., to report for active duty, you have "moved out of the state" according to this list.

A significant number of the 6,000 voters targeted were servicemen, including Kevin Furey, a former state legislator from Missoula who left the legislature to serve in Iraq; Cindie Kalan-Green, who is also serving in Iraq; and Mathew Robison, who I am told has been deployed to Fort Drum.

Many were college students and elderly people. For example, Babe Aspholm, of Anaconda, an elderly man, simply moved across town from his house to a senior living center. The Republicans tried to void his registration. Tom Detonacour, a policeman from Deer Lodge County who simply bought a house in another county, also got targeted.

But worst of all is the legendary Frank St. Pierre, 86, also of Anaconda, who helped save thousands of allied troops at Dunkirk in World War II and has 10 Medals of Honor. St. Pierre, too, moved from one end of town to the other, and the Republicans tried to void his and his wife's registrations. I have a copy of the signed affidavits from the Republicans, declaring that Frank and Marilyn St. Pierre's voter registrations must be purged. An utter disgrace.

Beyond the outrageous lack of consideration for citizens, patriots and heroes, a significant burden and cost has been placed on county election administrators, public servants who work hard to ensure the integrity of our elections. They have been completely swamped by this scheme.

I am a Republican, and I will continue to be a Republican. But I am appalled at the leadership of my political party. I urge party elders to take action and promptly withdraw this outrageous effort to challenge the eligibility of legitimate voters, and to call for the removal any Republican Party employees responsible for this. This kind of activity has no place in a democracy. Finally, I would urge the voters of Montana whose registrations have been improperly challenged not to be discouraged by this unfortunate effort.

From the AP
"McCain Volunterr Changes ATM Attack Story"

"PITTSBURGH – Pittsburgh police say a McCain campaign volunteer who said she was held down by a black man who cut the letter "B" in her face has changed her story.

Police spokeswoman Diane Richard says investigators gave the 20-year-old woman a lie-detector test and are 'looking at some inconsistencies' in her story.

The student, Ashley Todd, of College Station, Texas, initially said a black man robbed her at knifepoint Wednesday night and then cut her cheek after seeing a McCain sticker on her car.

Police say bank surveillance footage doesn't show her at an ATM where she says she was attacked.

Todd, who is white, now says she was knocked unconscious and doesn't remember being cut. She now says she only discovered the wound later.

No arrests have been made."

Even wingnuts like Michell Malkin think this story doesn't pass the sniff test. I'm going with pathetic hoax. Faux News and Drudge need some fresh material. Shuuuuhhh!!
“Keep your elbow up!"

I don't think it's wise to jump to any conclusions either way.

I agree. If it does turn out to be a hoax I hope they prosecute her for reporting a false crime. I think it is just as bad to pull a hoax as the crime because it instills hate in people that routinely results in retribution crimes.

Will you stop slinging mud?

Seems like you are using everything possible to discredit Obama without making sure it is true, this is one of many dubious threads. It is discrediting you more than Obama.

>Of course, the MSM won't cover this very much.

Looks like they were the smart ones:

=========================
Police: Campaign Worker Admits Making Up Story

A Pittsburgh police commander told KDKA Investigator Marty Griffin that Ashley Todd confessed to making up the story & is facing charges

PITTSBURGH (KDKA) ― Police sources tell KDKA that a campaign worker has now confessed to making up a story that a mugger attacked her and cut the letter "B" in her face after seeing her McCain bumper sticker.

Ashley Todd, 20, of Texas, initially told police that she was robbed at an ATM in Bloomfield and that the suspect became enraged and started beating her after seeing her GOP sticker on her car.

Police investigating the alleged attack, however, began to notice some inconsistencies in her story and administered a polygraph test.

Authorities, however, declined to release the results of that test.

Investigators did say that they received photos from the ATM machine and "the photographs were verified as not being the victim making the transaction."

This afternoon, a Pittsburgh police commander told KDKA Investigator Marty Griffin that Todd confessed to making up the story.

The commander added that Todd will face charges; but police have not commented on what those charges will be.

According to police, investigators working on the interview process detected several inconsistencies in Todd's story that differed from statements made in the original police report.

Pittsburgh Police Public Information Officer Diane Richard released a statement earlier today, saying: "Because of the inconsistencies in her statements, Ms. Todd was asked to submit to a polygraph examination which she agreed to do."
==============================

Interesting commentary from FOX News:

====================
FOX Forum
October 23rd, 2008 9:32 PM Eastern
John Moody, Executive Vice President
Moment of Truth

It had to happen.

Less than two weeks before we vote for a new president, a white woman says a black man attacked her, then scarred her face, and says there was a political motive for it.

Ashley Todd, a 20-year-old white volunteer for John McCain’s presidential campaign, says she was mugged at an ATM machine in Pittsburgh (my hometown) by a big black man. She further says he threw her down, then disfigured her by carving the letter “B” into her face with a sharp implement when he saw that she supported McCain, not Barack Obama.

Part of the appeal of, and the unspoken tension behind, Senator Obama’s campaign is his transformational status as the first African-American to win a major party’s presidential nomination.

That does not mean that he has erased the mutual distrust between black and white Americans, and this incident could become a watershed event in the 11 days before the election.

If Ms. Todd’s allegations are proven accurate, some voters may revisit their support for Senator Obama, not because they are racists (with due respect to Rep. John Murtha), but because they suddenly feel they do not know enough about the Democratic nominee.

If the incident turns out to be a hoax, Senator McCain’s quest for the presidency is over, forever linked to race-baiting.

For Pittsburgh, a city that has done so much to shape American history over the centuries, another moment of truth is at hand.
=======================

Looks like FOX is calling the election for Obama.

If the incident turns out to be a hoax, Senator McCain’s quest for the presidency is over, forever linked to race-baiting.

I don't agree with that statement. Some young college aged racist who takes it upon herself to race-bait is not the same as McCain telling her to go out and do it. Afterall if McCain or his staff were actually behind it, it would have appeared much more authentic.
www.FourWheelerHB.com

This incident reminds me a lot of the Tawana Brawley case foisted on us by Al Sharpton, that pillar of the Democrat party and Obama supporter, and the Duke Lacrosse "rape" fiasco.

Do you remember how the alleged perpetrators were tried and convicted without the benefit of a trial . These fake incidents were promoted by the likes of Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, a significant number of Duke University professors, and the MSM media who seemed to have forgotten the concept of "innocent until proved guilty"

This seems to be just one dingbat acting on her own rather than a "vast left-wing conspiracy".
"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition"...Rudyard Kipling

Ashley Todd is (was) one of 50 Repulican College field reps, at www.lifeinthefield.com. Last night, lots of comments, most negative on her individual blog -- all removed this morning. Later this morning, her individual blog seems to have disappeared. A comment there summarizes:

"49 bottles of beer on the wall, 49 bottles of beer, take one down, carve a B in your face, 48 bottles of beer on the wall..."

I'm sure that her comrades are hurt and disgusted. That's the thing about 20 year olds -- some are wise beyond their years, some are still 12 years old.

>This seems to be just one dingbat acting on her own . . .

Funny. When the incident was spun as a politically based attack, Mike wasted no time blaming Obama for it. Now that it's been shown to be a big hoax, there is clearly no possible connection to anyone else.

This incident reminds me a lot of the Tawana Brawley case foisted on us by Al Sharpton, that pillar of the Democrat party and Obama supporter, and the Duke Lacrosse "rape" fiasco.

Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson in a jet over the Atlantic, which then crashes into the ocean.

Q: Who did God save?

A: The Democratic Party.

If you read my post carefully....please note that I said "seems to be".

That is a presumption of innocence" in the absence of any evidence to the contrary. I know that the "presumption of innocence" isn't a concept known to many but....
"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition"...Rudyard Kipling

The whole "b" carved in her face part was a little over the top. That made her claim suspect from the start. I bet the cop initially taking the story down really didn't believe it either. I mean an ATM mugging is believable but a politically motivated ATM mugging!!! How retarded!

It does show how racial tensions are a theme in this campaign season. I hear stories about folks who say they are afraid to display there NObama
stickers on there cars. Afraid of what? I personally have a sticker on my bumper.

It reads "My candidate was not part of the honor-roll at Annapolis! Go Mavericks!"

>If you read my post carefully....please note that I said "seems to be".

Fair enough. It will be interesting to see what the republican political group she was a member of has to say.

They are laying low, and have cut off their Twitter feed.

Somehow, I don't think McCain and Palin will be calling her on the telephone to see how she is doing, as they reportedly did yesterday. Sad all around, I hope she gets through this okay.

That is a presumption of innocence" in the absence of any evidence to the contrary. I know that the "presumption of innocence" isn't a concept known to many but....

William Ayers is innocent, then?

www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3371623#3371623

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

What a fucking scumbag piece of shit.

True, she is.

Feel sorry for the girl.

I'm with you there.

Hope that asshole dies a painful death - the sooner the better.

That's a bit harsh. She needs psychological counselling.

Another one for the liar's scorecard.

Nope he confessed.
www.FourWheelerHB.com

Nope he confessed.

Not admissable in court, apparently. :P

Nope he confessed.

It seems confessing = innocent in some peoples eyes.

Nope he confessed.

Not admissable in court, apparently. :P

Maybe, but he's still not innocent.

>If you read my post carefully....please note that I said "seems to be".

Fair enough. It will be interesting to see what the republican political group she was a member of has to say.

They are laying low, and have cut off their Twitter feed.

Somehow, I don't think McCain and Palin will be calling her on the telephone to see how she is doing, as they reportedly did yesterday. Sad all around, I hope she gets through this okay.

Maybe McC and Palin will call Obama to apologize.

It all reminds me of CREEP and their dirty tricks. Where are Woodward and Bernstein when you need them?