likearock

Palin did a good job

>I stated in another post - her intellectual abilities are as shallow as a cookie sheet.

I guess I have a different opinion on her intellectual abilities. While I do not think she would make the best possible vice president, I also think she's a smart and capable woman who made a good governor and would likely make a good senator or representative. And you cannot be shallow (or "dumb as a box of Q-tips") and do a good job in any of those positions.

>I stated in another post - her intellectual abilities are as shallow as a cookie sheet.

I guess I have a different opinion on her intellectual abilities. While I do not think she would make the best possible vice president, I also think she's a smart and capable woman who made a good governor and would likely make a good senator or representative. And you cannot be shallow (or "dumb as a box of Q-tips") and do a good job in any of those positions.

Is that due to her level of intelligence or level of knowledge?
www.FourWheelerHB.com

>That's not the definition of "a good job", Bill.

For her it was.

No, it wasn't. That's still dumbing-down the definition of "a good job". Some things are absolute. Rising to the level of insipid mediocrity is not "doing a good job."

The term "good job" is only relevant in reference to the sought after goal. In her case, the most important goal was to counteract the terrible PR that came from her previous public appearances and I believe she succeeded in doing that. I think that the "Palin factor" will now be substantially reduced and people will be voting on other issues in November. You may disagree that she did succeed in that way and that's fine, but your subjective assessment of her mediocrity is much less important in the overall scheme of things.

The one true gaffe I would point to was when she agreed with Cheney's position that the VP incorporates both the executive and legislative branch. After all that's gone on in the past administration, that statement was genuinely chilling. If she doesn't retract it, the Dems will make her pay.

Wow - I never realized that it was only in the last 8 years that the VP acts as the agent of the President - thanks for clearing that up for us.

Does the added emphasis help?

Just remember everybody:

Whatever naysaying you offer about Sarah Palin applies in spades to barack hussein obama.

He mouths the platitudes of his lefty handlers.

He has no original thoughts.

He has never had a private-sector job, much less a job with executive experience.

He is the king (or should i say messiah?) of the um-duh-err-uhh non-teleprompter soundbite.

Had the obamanation been subjected to one-tenth the scrutiny faced by Sarah Palin, he would never have made it past Iowa.

So keep that in mind: Every experientially-related insult you hurl at the Alaska governor applies in spades to the exalted junior senator from illinois.

I'm far closer to Ron Paul than any of these Beltway yayhoos, but please, obama acolytes, get a grip on reality.... your grand exalted messiah has much less experience, knowledge, and real-life common sense than the woman you so gleefully disparage.

but then sexist undertones have been part of hussein's schtick for several months now - not surprising that his acolytes sing the same tune.

robin heid
1990 Libertarian gubernatorial candidate for Colorado
SCR-6933 / SCS-3463 / D-5533 / BASE 44 / CCS-37 / 82d Airborne (Ret.)

"The beginning of wisdom is to first call things by their right names."

>Is that due to her level of intelligence or level of knowledge?

A combination of the above plus the attitude she has displayed so far, which is disturbingly close to Cheney's. I don't think we need another VP who thinks he/she is above the law.

>o you're saying if she had years of experience in DC, you'd be good with that?

If she had a little more experience with our government, and she was a bit more intelligent, and she did not have an attitude remarkably similar to Cheney's - yes, I would be good with that.

Whatever naysaying you offer about Sarah Palin applies in spades to barack hussein obama.

He mouths the platitudes of his lefty handlers.

He has no original thoughts.

He has never had a private-sector job, much less a job with executive experience.

He is the king (or should i say messiah?) of the um-duh-err-uhh non-teleprompter soundbite.

Had the obamanation been subjected to one-tenth the scrutiny faced by Sarah Palin, he would never have made it past Iowa.

So keep that in mind: Every experientially-related insult you hurl at the Alaska governor applies in spades to the exalted junior senator from illinois.

I'm far closer to Ron Paul than any of these Beltway yayhoos, but please, obama acolytes, get a grip on reality.... your grand exalted messiah has much less experience, knowledge, and real-life common sense than the woman you so gleefully disparage.

but then sexist undertones have been part of hussein's schtick for several months now - not surprising that his acolytes sing the same tune.

Come on.. tell the TRUTH Robin[:/]

Lets face it Robin... FACT.. your ONE issue is he is PRO CHOICE... and that for you is like SATAN himself.

Every experientially-related insult you hurl at the Alaska governor applies in spades to the exalted junior senator from illinois.

Robin, I know you choose your words carefully so I would be surprised if this was unintentional and saddened if it wasn't. Certainly another metaphor would have sufficed.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

part of hussein's schtick

Yeah. We get your point.

So what is his middle name is Hussein? My name is Hans, are you going to claim that I am a Nazi because of my name?

There are claims that he is muslim. For all I believe he is very mildly religious if at all, but if he were muslim that would make absolutely no difference to the legislative process. Senator Lieberman is a Jew - why don't you point out tha he is Joe Israel Lieberman? The Nazi's did that to the Jewish pouplation of Germany. First the had them add Israel/Sarah as their middle names, then they put yellow David's stars on their clothing and finally they threw them into concentration camps and killed them.

Separation of church and State is a firm foundation of our constitution and a candidate's religious affiliation is the last thing we should be looking at. That is unless like Sarah Palin the candidate is member of a disturbing cult and want's to make policy out of the claim that the world is 6,000 years old.

Let Barack Obama's middle name be Hussein. You have your name he has his and it was his parents who gave it to him. The United States of America is a melting pot of people and ideas. We are not a country of evalgelical christians (whatever that means). We are a diverse nation rich in the cultures of the countries our ancestors came from. If you want to live in a teocracy, please move to Iran. They have a great handle on the topic and may teach you a thing about it. Till then, get your religion out of my face and enjoy it in the privacy of your living room or temple.
jraf

Me Jungleman! Me have large Babalui.
Muff #3275

The one true gaffe I would point to was when she agreed with Cheney's position that the VP incorporates both the executive and legislative branch. After all that's gone on in the past administration, that statement was genuinely chilling. If she doesn't retract it, the Dems will make her pay.

Wow - I never realized that it was only in the last 8 years that the VP acts as the agent of the President - thanks for clearing that up for us.

Does the added emphasis help?

i think it does - it substitutes for the emphasis in the spoken word that helps any speaker get his point across.

My dearest Jeanne,

I forgive your utter lack of comprehension when it comes to my abortion views because you are singularly incapable of thinking rationally.

For the rest of you reading this thread, I asked dear Jeanne in a PM if she did or did not support Hussein Obama's position that it is OK to stab a half-born baby in the skull with scissors and then suck its brains out - and if she agreed with Hussein Obama that it is OK to force doctors to let a baby who survived an abortion die in the sink instead of rendering aid and assistance.

Dear Jeanne responded with vitiriol and endless prattering about my right-wing zealotry and what she concluded, without facts, was my "anti" position on abortion.

Unfortunately, when I sent her an essay I'd written a decade ago in defense of abortion called "The right of self defense supersedes the right to life," she was unable to read it because, Hussein Obamaite that she is, she blocked further receipt of PMs by me.

That essay, by the way, was printed in Colorado's oldest political journal, The Statesman, and also in the Denver Women's News. It is a little long to post here, and a bit off-topic to this thread, so if anyone is curious about how I tie abortion rights and the right of self-defense together, please PM me and I will send you a copy.

And dear Jeanne, you would have saved yourself some embarrassment here had you not blocked my PMs. You might also ponder the old Indian saying that Great Spirit gives us two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we talk.

Which also explains why you think I have but one issue with Hussein Obama. You don't actually care to hear what I think; you are too busy shooting your mouth off telling me what _you_ think I think.

And for the record, my principal issue with Hussein Obama is that he is a totalitarian collectivist, and the "change" he will bring can best be summed up through Orwell's observation that the future of mankind is a boot stomping on a human face forever.

It's there in black and white for anyone with the research skills and intellectual honesty to check it out - which was the reason for my initial post: every experientially-based insult hurled at Governor Palin applies in spades to Hussein Obama. He is far less qualified to govern than she is. In fact, he has never governed anything, whereas she has been a mayor and currently is governor of a state bigger than Iran and all but 16 other countries in the world, which also supplies 20 percent of America's energy.

Compared to what? A "community organizer" who's never had a real job in his life, voted "present" way more than anyone in the history of the illinois legislature and then missed almost half of the Senate votes there have been since he was elected there.

She's a front-line gal; he's a back-row guy. Simple as that.

robin

...Hussein Obama's...
Hussein Obamaite

Thank you for your breathtaking candor.

Personally, I don't think there's any place for expressions of virulent racism and bigotry, which I can only presume translate to attitudes, on the Board of the USPA. Those who disagree are free to vote their consciences, too.

("But wait," bleat the enablers, "Isn't that his name?"
Spare me.)

Presume is sister to "assume" and you know what they say about that: Assume makes an ass of u and me.

I assume nothing, but i find it curious that merely stating someone's name incurs such a conclusion. methinks thou dost protesteth way too much...

I guess i should just call him barack - except... OOOOPS... that's the name of the horse muhammed rode to jerusalem when he walked up the ladder to talk to god.

so correct me if I'm wrong, please, but according to your "logic," that apparently means that when his wife calls him barack she's being a virulent racist and bigot, right? I mean, isn't that what you just said?

And why is it, darling Andy, that you have not raised thy voice in righteous indignation to all the multiple bigotries hurled at and heaped upon Sarah Heath Palin?

Sorry, dude, but your illogic is showing through. You must be kin to dear Jeanne.

love and kisses,

robin

I forgive your utter lack of comprehension when it comes to my abortion views because you are singularly incapable of thinking rationally.

For the rest of you reading this thread, I asked dear Jeanne in a PM if she did or did not support Hussein Obama's

Thank you for another TRUE insight into your soul.

Yes I block PM's from people who send disgusting PM's such as yours

Believe me I got your message loud and clear.:S:S:S:S

Edited to add.. please keep those heartfelt personal attacks coming... it helps show everyone who you are.

Dearest Jean and darling Andy,

You're right, of course. I shouldn't call the junior senator from Illinois by _any_ of his allegedly given names. Two of them are arabic/islamic and one is african, so of _course_ anyone who uses any of them is obviously a bigot and a racist.

(Hear that, Michelle and Joe? You better quit calling him by his name or his acolytes will call you racist - virulently racist at that.)

So from now on, I'lll just call him the Messiah, as that term seems to pass your political correctness test.

And finally, for the other readers of this thread, please note that dear Jeanne still refuses to address the questions I posed to her about "partial birth" infanticide and survivable abortions.

As i say in my essay, we are never going to come together on abortion until pro-abortionists discard their horrifying notion that fetuses are not human - and anti-abortionists discard their equally horrifying notion that women are just baby factories.

That is the premise and purpose behind the thesis that the right of self defense supersedes the right to life: it has been codified in common and general law that if someone enters our homes uninvited, we may "presume deadly intent" and defend ourselves accordingly - if we so choose, and even if the person who entered our homes was completely innocent of any deadly or evil intent.

It is in fact very important that abortion never be made illegal because, as we see with drug and sex-for-sale prohibitions, the cure is much worse than the disease.

At the same time, it needs to be made profoundly clear that abortion is killing a human being. Even Planned Parenthood acknowledged this in its own lliterature up to the 1960s. As with post-partum abortion in self-defense, if the person doing the killing does not think it out ahead of time and get real clear on whether they really do or do not want to take a human life (pre-natal or post-partum), if they do in fact take a life without getting clear in their mind and souls _first_, then they will be tortured by it the rest of their llives.

We know this happens with some people who kill a 15-year-old to protect their property, and we know this happens to women who kill their babies without first being clear that they are infact killing their babies.

"Choice" cannot be intelligently made without being in touch with reality, and understanding just what exactly the choices are.

That is why it is so difficult for so many pro-abortion rights types to face that fact that partial birth abortion is, in fact, stabbing a living baby in the skull and sucking its brains out. That is, in fact, why so many pro-abortion rights people refuse to consider whether a fetus is human - they just want to have the "choice" if necessary.

Fine. I support the choice. But as the chinese proverb says, the beginning of wisdom is to first call things by their right names and the right name for abortion is homicide.

Justifiable homicide in the eyes of some, not justifiable in the eyes of others - just like post-partum killing in self-defense or war. There are those who absolutely refuse to take a human life even in defense of their own. I am not one of them, but I respect those who so believe (as long as they do not impugn on _my_ right to choose self defense).

Now maybe, dear Jeanne, you can quit hyperventilating for a moment here and carefully read what I wrote and rationally respond to it rather than blurting out your usual tedious screeds.

love and kisses,

robin

Shame on me?

Quite a statement from someone who apparently doesn't even understand the meaning of the word.

But I forgive you too. It must be really tough being so morally superior to everyone around you. Gosh, what a cross to bear... OOOOPS... I did it again.

B|

ha ha ha... have a beer or two, dude. you're wrapped way too tight...

B|