rushmc

The Biggest/Best Reason NOT to Vote for Obama

evertime i hear Palin speak i see a genuine concern for what is needed and right. she hasn't said one thing that would make me say "what the fuck was she thinking" I like how she is able to talk in a calm manner and be fair and open minded, then later make a descision after she has the facts needed.

> is that the Daily Show and Colbert's show just won't be as funny with
> Obama/Biden in office as they will be with McCain/Palin in office.

Agreed on the Daily Show.

But Colbert? He plays the outraged conservative pundit to a tee. What could be better for him than hundreds of _real_ constantly outraged conservative commentators from which to draw material?

Agreed on the Daily Show.

But Colbert? He plays the outraged conservative pundit to a tee. What could be better for him than hundreds of _real_ constantly outraged conservative commentators from which to draw material?

Good point. But damnit, now I'm back to not knowing who to vote for!

Guess I'll just do the smart thing and vote for the VPILF. :)

The same as McCain has - zero. (And best not go by his military experience, since he was one of the worst in his class.)

Dam right I will put his military career up for comparison with anything Obama has to protect our country. John McCain was a Lieutenant Commander, do you have a clue as to what that means? Was Obama a commander of anything, even the boy scouts? And even though he was at the bottom of his class graduating from Annapolis, I will put what you call his worst against Obama’s best when it comes to national security command training and experience any day of the week!!!

McCain flew 23 combat missions, received Legion of Merit for Valor, Distinguished Flying Cross, three bronze stars, two purple hearts and dozens of other medals. Go look those up and see what it take to get them! His son is also serving his second tour in Iraq so he knows what is at risk.

But you are right, how obtuse of me not to think that Obama is better qualified when it comes to national security because of all of his experience, after all he did “think about joining the military twice”.
Time and pressure will always show you who a person really is!

Franklin Roosevelt wasn't in the military. he worked out OK.

Jimmy Carter was in the military. So was Richard M. "I am not a crook" Nixon, Lyndon Johnson, and Dubya. These are generally rated among the WORST US presidents.

Seems to be of DUBIOUS value.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

The same as McCain has - zero. (And best not go by his military experience, since he was one of the worst in his class.)

Dam right I will put his military career up for comparison with anything Obama has to protect our country. John McCain was a Lieutenant Commander, do you have a clue as to what that means? Was Obama a commander of anything, even the boy scouts? And even though he was at the bottom of his class graduating from Annapolis, I will put what you call his worst against Obama’s best when it comes to national security command training and experience any day of the week!!!

McCain flew 23 combat missions, received Legion of Merit for Valor, Distinguished Flying Cross, three bronze stars, two purple hearts and dozens of other medals. Go look those up and see what it take to get them! His son is also serving his second tour in Iraq so he knows what is at risk.

But you are right, how obtuse of me not to think that Obama is better qualified when it comes to national security because of all of his experience, after all he did “think about joining the military twice”.

SEN McCain retired as a Captain in the Navy (FULL Bird Colonel Equivalent in the Army) There is no such Legion of Merit for Valor, I think you mean Silver Star for valor, He is a American hero for sure and endured countless hours of brutality in the hands of the North Vietnamese. However, this in of itself does not qualify a man to be president, I do believe of course that he is qualified to be president, but his voting record speaks for itself, he is very similar to the current administration, and his choice of Palin suggests he is willing to do anything to get elected. C'mon guys listen to her speeches, is there any substance to them? SEN McCain hired a cheerleader, he believes his is invincible. I don't care how healthy you are, a presidential candidate must pick a highly qualified vice-president to succeed him if necessary, anything else is irresponsible.

Hard line Party only voters on this forum should take heed, don't vote purely on emotion and party lines. Know your candidates! Obama is not this un-amerocan outsider many people assume him to be. He comes from a very poor and humble background, his rise to the candidacy is purely based on his own efforts. Not to effront SEN McCain but his dad was a 4-star Admiral as was his grandfather. His application to the Naval Academy would never get turned down. And yes it is public record his class standing was 894 out of 899.

Due to his lofty background he could afford to thumb his nose at requirements. For those that say this ranking doesn't matter, PM me and tell me why you think that, i'll explain in detail the ranking systems that military officers are subjected too, rankings reflect far more that just academics grades. Of course I'm am not suggesting McCain is not smart in any way, but his ranking reveals elements of his personality and life as he was accustomed to it at the time.

Please understand that I think of McCain as an American Hero for all the reasons in my first post, but you should at least try to dig on the details of not only the other party's candidate but yours. Nobody is perfect including Obama, but do read and actually research his credentials before calling his some un-american celebrity outsider, the man is he epitome of self-reliance and statesmanship.

For you that believe being a military officer/enlisted qualifies someone to be president I will tell you that in my opinion this isn't necessary. (i'm an Army Officer, and served in Iraq for 15 months) serving in the military does mean you lived to a certain code of ethics and discipline, but edifying it to the status of a qualify for president is absurd... the military doesn't make one a good person, only you can do that, national command level?, this experience is possibly prepared for at the 4-star level maybe..... but only the President of the United States has National Command level experience.

This is not a popularity contest. Bush has made decisions that have not set well with other countries. I don't remember the presidential oath reading "I do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States, so long as the rest of the world thinks it's OK.

Exactly

I do not think however, that the US is as "hated" as many like to say. I feel it is a sound bite to try and persuade on an emotional level.

So then, when the argument is brushed away they can say, I care, you dont.

They also like the say what would be so bad if the rest of the world liked the US? Well nothing, as long as we are not giving away our securities.

Do you honestly believe that Shrub really stuck to the oath of office?yes

If so, I have this bridge for sale in New York. It goes from Manhattan to Brooklyn. I'll sell it to you for the bargain price of 20.00. PM me for details.Ah, you can keep your bridge. Please refer to billvon arrogance and elitists thread

As far as the US foreign policy being widely disliked and Shrub being thought of as a buffooon, you must not read much of the overseas press. That is EXACTLY the case for rest of the world. You likely don't have relatives in other countries with whom you communicate regularly. That could help as well. My cousin, who works at The Hague as a lawyer, is a fascinating source of insight as to how the Europeans feel about the USA and our current government.
You want to use insulting terms to make a lame point. After the second "Shrub" I started ingoring your ass[:/]
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

>Tell me again what command experience in national security Obama has?

The same as McCain has - zero.

(And best not go by his military experience, since he was one of the worst in his class.)

At least every 6 years someone may come into office with no experience. That is why I look at someones judgement. Judgement is why I will vote againt Obama
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

>Tell me again what command experience in national security Obama has?

The same as McCain has - zero.

(And best not go by his military experience, since he was one of the worst in his class.)

At least every 6 years someone may come into office with no experience. That is why I look at someones judgement. Judgement is why I will vote againt Obama

6 years? you mean 4 right... anyway judgment not judgement is important, but c'mon is picking Palin good for the country? Why not pick Huckabee, Romney, or the rest? Was Palin a pick for popularity?

Also don't think I am blindly picking on your grammar, but realize that this is a forum and all anybody has to go on is your writing.

SEN McCain retired as a Captain in the Navy (FULL Bird Colonel Equivalent in the Army) There is no such Legion of Merit for Valor, I think you mean Silver Star for valor, He is a American hero for sure and endured countless hours of brutality in the hands of the North Vietnamese. However, this in of itself does not qualify a man to be president, I do believe of course that he is qualified to be president, but his voting record speaks for itself, he is very similar to the current administration, and his choice of Palin suggests he is willing to do anything to get elected. C'mon guys listen to her speeches, is there any substance to them? SEN McCain hired a cheerleader, he believes his is invincible. I don't care how healthy you are, a presidential candidate must pick a highly qualified vice-president to succeed him if necessary, anything else is irresponsible.

Hard line Party only voters on this forum should take heed, don't vote purely on emotion and party lines. Know your candidates! Obama is not this un-amerocan outsider many people assume him to be. He comes from a very poor and humble background, his rise to the candidacy is purely based on his own efforts. Not to effront SEN McCain but his dad was a 4-star Admiral as was his grandfather. His application to the Naval Academy would never get turned down. And yes it is public record his class standing was 894 out of 899.

Due to his lofty background he could afford to thumb his nose at requirements. For those that say this ranking doesn't matter, PM me and tell me why you think that, i'll explain in detail the ranking systems that military officers are subjected too, rankings reflect far more that just academics grades. Of course I'm am not suggesting McCain is not smart in any way, but his ranking reveals elements of his personality and life as he was accustomed to it at the time.

Please understand that I think of McCain as an American Hero for all the reasons in my first post, but you should at least try to dig on the details of not only the other party's candidate but yours. Nobody is perfect including Obama, but do read and actually research his credentials before calling his some un-american celebrity outsider, the man is he epitome of self-reliance and statesmanship.

For you that believe being a military officer/enlisted qualifies someone to be president I will tell you that in my opinion this isn't necessary. (i'm an Army Officer, and served in Iraq for 15 months) serving in the military does mean you lived to a certain code of ethics and discipline, but edifying it to the status of a qualify for president is absurd... the military doesn't make one a good person, only you can do that, national command level?, this experience is possibly prepared for at the 4-star level maybe..... but only the President of the United States has National Command level experience.

Well said. I do, however, disagree with your assessment that Palin is a cheerleader. Although it does seem McCain is keeping her in that capacity, she has accomplished a lot in her short time as governor. Most impressively fighting corruption and greed.

Obama stated in his 2002 antiwar speech (linked above) we need to fight corruption and greed. Was he just blowing hot air or are there examples of him doing just that?

Edited to add....I have no idea why it's underlined. Weird.
www.FourWheelerHB.com

Thank you, I think that is the best assessment that I have seen. My only evaluation was that I thought that McCain was the best choice as it relates to being our commander for purposes of national security. As for all of the rest of the issues, I don't like either candidate. Both sides are writing checks that their asses can't cash!!!
Time and pressure will always show you who a person really is!

Well said. I do, however, disagree with your assessment that Palin is a cheerleader. Although it does seem McCain is keeping her in that capacity, she has accomplished a lot in her short time as governor. Most impressively fighting corruption and greed.

I take it you've noticed that the corruption and greed was primarily in her own party, and the big corporations that support that party.

to downward spiral, read his bio and publicly available details, he has combatted deep social problems in america that no candidate has. If SEN McCain is so against corruption and pork barrel greed then why select Palin who runs a state known all too well as an example of this greed. I come from a state (Hawaii) that is desperately in need of such ear mark funding. You can't as candidate say you're the fix for gov't spending and corruption when you select a vice-president who epitomizes pork-barrel spending and then expect us to believe you anymore.

Remember, there is no such thing as a liberal or conservative America only a United States of America. Obama 2004 DNC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4iCDBIAde8

This sounds like a crazy radical!

C'mon....the AIP is a recognized political party in her state. She'd be a fool to ignore them.

Did she speak at the Alaska Democratic Party convention? They're a recognized political party in her state too. "She'd be a fool to ignore them."