NewGuy2005

You gotta love Texas!!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,404721,00.html

Quote: A tiny Texas school district may be the first in the nation to allow teachers and staff to pack heat when classes begin later this month.

Good - I think the adults SHOULD have the choice.

YES, they should. But many people will predict bloodbaths and the such. God bless Texas!
The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

I wish every responsible adult was armed.

In a classroom where the teacher is armed you will have a lot less chance of a student being able to systematically execute their classmates. I don’t know why people think being peppered is paranoid or that things such as the stuff we see and hear about will never happen to them.

Life is precious I will protect mine and the people I love to the best of my ability. That means being armed and ready to do what one wishes he or she never has too.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

I don’t know why people think being peppered is paranoid

Well, it's all the sneezing and germs, y'know... :P

or that things such as the stuff we see and hear about will never happen to them.

That's exactly what they think.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

The teachers should get 'hazardous duty pay', too! It ain't your one room schoolhouse any more. I know several teachers and some of them are scared to death to go to school each day for fear of getting beat-up or worse. When you have kids packin' guns and knives and they aren't afraid to use them, you gotta do something. You betcha'... God Bless Texas!!!

Chuck

actually I hear that sometimes a lot of shit like that DID happen back in the old "one-room schoolhouse" days!

I'm sure, it did happen. That was a little before my time.:D The kids then, got their fannies spanked at school and again, when they got home. When you have little 'gang-banger wanna be's' jumping teachers for giving them a 'D' on a regular basis, something needs to be done. Seems to me, allowing teachers to carry guns, might just even the score.

Chuck

I Don't disagree, I'm just not surprised that Texas took the initiative. ;);)
It's pretty pathetic when you have to TELL people you're fucking cool Skymama «narrative»This thread will lock in 3..2.. What a load of narrow-minded Xenophobic Bullshit!-squeak

I Don't disagree, I'm just not surprised that Texas to the initiative. ;);)
I'd be willing to bet Fl. And Nv. fowwol suit. Good
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

But many people will predict bloodbaths and the such. God bless Texas!

Yeah. I know. We may see incidents where mass murders occur at high schools and even colleges if teachers are armed. We haven't seen them before, right?

Yeah. Indeed. Spree murderers like to go where the people are defenseless.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

YES, they should. But many people will predict bloodbaths and the such. God bless Texas!

Or LESS bloodbaths! Little 'gansta wanna be' kids will think twice, before they try pulling another Columbine like incident, If they think ol' teach...might be 'Packin' Heat' ;)
It's pretty pathetic when you have to TELL people you're fucking cool Skymama «narrative»This thread will lock in 3..2.. What a load of narrow-minded Xenophobic Bullshit!-squeak

I'm just not surprised that Texas took the initiative. ;);)

I'd be willing to bet Fl. And Nv. fowwol suit. Good
Fookin' Ay! ALL states should follow suit!;)

The teachers should get 'hazardous duty pay', too! It ain't your one room schoolhouse any more. I know several teachers and some of them are scared to death to go to school each day for fear of getting beat-up or worse. When you have kids packin' guns and knives and they aren't afraid to use them, you gotta do something. You betcha'... God Bless Texas!!!

Chuck

I recommend this movie:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118531/

Samuel L. Jackson plays a school-teacher who has discipline problems with a few kids in his class.
He takes care of the problems.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

But many people will predict bloodbaths and the such. God bless Texas!

Yeah. I know. We may see incidents where mass murders occur at high schools and even colleges if teachers are armed. We haven't seen them before, right?

Yeah. Indeed. Spree murderers like to go where the people are defenseless.

Being realistic, I don't think it will absolutely prevent anything like that from happening. Hopefully, it will result in a lower number of casualties SHOULD it happen (and I pray it doesn't).
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

In a classroom where the teacher is armed you will have a lot less chance of a student being able to systematically execute their classmates. ,,,,

I would fear that the students overtake the teacher and take his gun! You said "a Student" What about 3 or 4 in a gang bust a teacher ass and take his piece, then threaten another class untill they get that teachers piece, etc......

As far as I am aware, prison guards do not wear guns in the jail area for that very reason.

Just a thought. :)

Someone dies, someone says how stupid, someone says it was avoidable, someone says how to avoid it, someone calls them an idiot, someone proposes rule chan

Students are not prisoners. And while it *could* happen, if the kids are that intent on taking the teacher's gun, they're just as likely to bring their own.

linz
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,404721,00.html

Quote: A tiny Texas school district may be the first in the nation to allow teachers and staff to pack heat when classes begin later this month.

You're right; for that, I DO love Texas.

It makes perfect fucking SENSE!

A whole lot more than continuing to do what we've been doing, which is proved to stack the victims like cordwood. Isn't it said that the definition of "insanity" is to do the same thing repeatedly, hoping for a different result? Well, we've repeatedly forced would-be victims to be defenseless for far too long. Only a fuckin' idiot would say, "No no, keep doing that -- eventually it's gonna work!" :S
Spirits fly on dangerous missions
Imaginations on fire

YES, they should. But many people will predict bloodbaths and the such.

You mean after predicting that in 40 states that have passed licensed concealed gun carry laws and having that NOT come to pass, those morons are still willing to stand up and say that stupid shit all over again?

Well, if they haven't learned after 40 examples, what's one more?
Imaginations on fire

Being realistic, I don't think it will absolutely prevent anything like that from happening. Hopefully, it will result in a lower number of casualties SHOULD it happen (and I pray it doesn't).

Of course. I'm probably one of the staunchest pro-gunners on here, but I won't say that this will keep people safe like some magic shield.

What I imagine is that some teachers will be armed, some won't want to be (per their choice). And if a Dylan&Klebold come to attack the school, and classes are cowering behind locked doors with their teachers, those teachers who are armed will be able to stop the rampage if the D&K come through their door, and those teachers who are unarmed will be like all the others who have preceded them...in helpless death at the hands of spree-murderers.
Imaginations on fire

In a classroom where the teacher is armed you will have a lot less chance of a student being able to systematically execute their classmates. ,,,,

I would fear that the students overtake the teacher and take his gun! You said "a Student" What about 3 or 4 in a gang bust a teacher ass and take his piece, then threaten another class untill they get that teachers piece, etc......

As far as I am aware, prison guards do not wear guns in the jail area for that very reason.

Just a thought. :)

CCW CCW CCW. Nobody knows you are armed until it's time.;)
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

Exactly.

What the naysayers always ignore is that the guns will be concealed (by requirement) and that presumably those who are carrying will be smart enough to make sure to be discreet about it (and not open their mouths about it).

So what would happen, the gang of kids would attack a random teacher and chance finding out that he/she wasn't armed?
Imaginations on fire