xlh883

UPDATE TO: Couldn't do AFF-1

Well everyone, today was the day for redoing my AFF-1. And I did it!! WOOHOO!!!

I had 2, 5 minute sessions in the wind tunnel at Perris yesterday. The first was very messy as expected beign the first time in freefall by myself. The second, 3 hours later, was a remarkable difference. There is something to be said for muscle memory. I still had problems but the flight instructor let me go a lot and he said I really godd for only the second time. So that boosted my confidence. Got the video and t-shirt btw! lol

Today I switched my AFF program to Perris and after my third First Jump Course [:/], I got in the air in the Twin Otter and jumped out. I was a little apprehensive, but with 2 great J/M's, the got me mostly over the fear and got me out the door. The freefall felt so peaceful. It was a lot of fun.

My arch needs work of course but everything else went well up to pulling. They unleanred me most of what different thigns I had been taught but one. When it came time to pull for myself, I got the Pilot Chute out, but as in habit and training, I held on to it like a ripcord, just like I had been taught to do in the past. I just need to practice and unlearn that. Won't be hard to fix and I passed Level I any way.

Tomorrow I go bac for level 2 possibly up to 5 if I can hack it. I have the rest of the week off to play.

I feel so good right now! What a rush!

Anyway, if you want to check out the video, Perris puts it on the web for sharing. Below is the link, please take a look. Don't be too hard on the newbie! lol

David

http://www.realxstream.com/?XStreamID=44092

Hey! >:( I wanna' see David flyin'! Why won't it work for me? I saw the Intro (video and audio both worked), and filled in my name, etc. and clicked on "GO" but nothing is happening. Am I doing something wrong?
Blue skies & happy jitters ~Mockingbird
"Why is there something rather than nothing?"

YES! I got it to work. The info that said "Optional" wasn't really optional. After I answered those and clicked on GO, the video came up.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••

DAVID! Wow, congratulations! That was a great Level 1 jump! Better than mine went, that's for sure. Way to go! I hope you make lots more progress tomorrow!

Practice it in your head with your eyes closed, and see yourself over and over doing everything perfectly. You'll be surprised how much confidence that can give you.

WooooHOOOOOOO! ;););)
Blue skies & happy jitters ~Mockingbird
"Why is there something rather than nothing?"

When it came time to pull for myself, I got the Pilot Chute out, but as in habit and training, I held on to it like a ripcord, just like I had been taught to do in the past. I just need to practice and unlearn that. Won't be hard to fix and I passed Level I any way.

LOL, whoops. Well it could've been worse, you could've been trained on chest mounted ripcords and had gone for that instead.

:)
Things have changed for me so much in the past week. Thursday I completed 15 minutes of tunnel time for the days's warmup and Levels 4, 5, and 6. Friday I completed Levels 7 and 8 and graduated AFF!!!

YEAAAAAAA!!!!

Yesterday I made my first solo jumps, 2 jumps then a coaching RW jump for A-license requirements, then one mroe solo.

I love this sport! The instructors told me the first solo weould seem like it lasted forever and they were correct. I didn't want to come down. I felt so relaxed and comfortable and was able to looked aroudn this time. I could also track and turn better.

It is great when you don't have to do so much in a skydive that you are able to play some.

I bought the school at Perris 2 cases of beer yesterday as a thank you for all the help they gave me. What a great school!

I have packing class this Friday and there is potential to finish my A license requirements this coming weekend or the next. Woohoo!

Can you tell I am stoked! :)
Beer forr everyone!

There is still a lot for me to learn and a lot of practicing to do. With to dropzones available to me and great isntructors/coaches, I will get better quick.

Level 8 had 2 goggle malfunctions for me. Over the glasses goggles suck. Needless to say, I no longer need them. I have something better.

The rental gear I am now using is different but much nicer than the student gear. The gear shop put me into a Spectre 230 and wings container. Sooooo much nicer. The main has made my landings crappy again as expected. 4 jumps later, I am getting the hang of landing the higher performance canopy. Walked awy from each landing, so they are each good. They jsut need to be better.

All my AFF videos are posted at this link if you want to look. My Level 7 will play automatically. Press skip to get to the menu to look at the others.

[url]
http://www.realxstream.com/?XStreamID=44092

Blue skies!

David

Thanks!

I was really trying to grad AFF in a week and I made my goal, safely. It is an awesome feeling. I finally was able to get some sleep last night without thinking about skydiving too much. I have lsot a lot of sleep over the past two weeks cause of this.

David

I was told to treat it like a lit firecracker

Awesome! Never heard it refered too like that, but I will definately be thinking of that firecracker theory on my next jump.... that mindset might help with the "lazy throw" problem I get once in awhile!

******Today is one day too late.********

Thanks! I am realyl proud of myself from goign to scared out of my wits to being relatively comfortable with just enough trepidation to be careful still.

I hope to finish up the "A" this weekend. Packing class, 3 coach jumps for RW, 1 hop-n-pop and the checkout jump left to go.

David

what? you must have a never ending stream of money and arent sharing TELL US WHERE THE STREAM IS!!!

B|

Don't I wish! I bought the big package deal on my credit card. I will be buying my own rig with cash reserves. I don't have too many bills right now, but I didn't wanan dip into the cash for the lessons.

If you find that money stream, let me in on it to!.

David